Your 19 man IPL based TM roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your 19 man IPL based TM roster

As abtin reported in the TM news thread, the upcoming TM list will consist of just IPL based players and it will be a 19 man squad. I think this is a great opportunity to see which players in our league can have an impact on our team and succeed on the international level because quite frankly I've seen a lot of debate recently.

My list:

GK: Alireza Beiranvand, Mohsen Forouzan, Iman Sadeghi

Defenders: Shoja Khalilzadeh, Amirhossein Sadeghi, Morteza Pouraliganji, Amin Hajmohammadi, Vouria Ghafouri, Mehrdad Jamaati

Midfielders: Ehsan Hajsafi, Andranik Teymourian, Soroush Rafie, Omid Ebrahimi, Mohsen Mosalman, Alireza Ezzati, Ayob Kalantari

Fowards: Mehdi Sharifi, Mehdi Taromi, Saman Narimanjahan

Team Break-Down:
    Naft Tehran: 4 players
    Esteghlal: 4 players
    Sepahan: 3 players
    Tractor Sazi: 2 players
    Foolad Khuzestan: 2 players
    Perspolis: 1 player
    Malavan: 1 player
    Zob ahan: 1 player
    Saba Qom: 1 player
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

GK: Sousha Makani, Alireza Beiranvand, Mohsen Forouzan

Defenders: Jamaati, AH Sadeghi, Pouraliganji, Khalilzadeh, Heydari, Ghafouri , Beikzadeh

Midfield: Andranik, Hajsafi, Rafiei, Ebrahimi, Mosalman, Mohamaad Nouri

FW: Sharifi, Ghazi (if healthy), Khalatbari

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
      GK: Sousha Makani, Alireza Beiranvand, Mohsen Forouzan

Defenders: Jamaati, AH Sadeghi, Pouraliganji, Khalilzadeh, Heydari, Ghafouri , Beikzadeh

Midfield: Andranik, Hajsafi, Rafiei, Ebrahimi, Mosalman, Mohamaad Nouri

FW: Sharifi, Ghazi (if healthy), Khalatbari
      With all due respect to you brother, this is a very uninspiring/old/washed up squad that can't offer much for TM going forward (namely guys like KB, ghazi, nouri, heydari). Wouldn't u wanna see some young guns get a shot?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

We are a month away from the AC, which we want to win I hope. I wouldn't change the base of the team.

Sharifi, Pouraliganji, Khalilzadeh, Mosalman, Jamaati, Soroush and Beiranvand are all included. There is no point in really throwing in so many more youngsters into our last camp before AC when we know they won't get invited.

I think this is a nice injection of youth without tampering too much with the base of our squad (without legionnaires)

Comment

We are a month away from the AC, which we want to win I hope. I wouldn't change the base of the team.
          Sharifi, Pouraliganji, Khalilzadeh, Mosalman, Jamaati, Soroush and Beiranvand are all included. There is no point in really throwing in so many more youngsters into our last camp before AC when we know they won't get invited.
          I think this is a nice injection of youth without tampering too much with the base of our squad (without legionnaires)
          although i agree with you, but why would you include ghazi and khalatbari?
          ghazi has been excluded from TM for about 2 years now and isnt likely that he is going to be reinvited, same with Mr. Khalatbari

Comment

SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT WHAT THE FVCK KHALATBARI SAID ABOUT CQ AFTER NOT BEING INVITED TO THE WORLD CUP. I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR 5 YEARS AND NO ONE ANSWERS.. IS THIS JUST A BULLSH!T STORY MADE UP BY PEOPLE WHO HATE SHORT PEOPLE!?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
              SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT WHAT THE FVCK KHALATBARI SAID ABOUT CQ AFTER NOT BEING INVITED TO THE WORLD CUP. I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR 5 YEARS AND NO ONE ANSWERS.. IS THIS JUST A BULLSH!T STORY MADE UP BY PEOPLE WHO HATE SHORT PEOPLE!?
              akhe 5 sal nashode ke cut shode az team meli chi migi shoma haha
              honestly i would like to know as well! having him in team meli would be cool but we dont really NEED him in TM

Comment

Ghazi is just my own personal preference. I have always really liked him and he never disappoints against Asian opposition in the ACL.

But no, in reality, I don't think he will be re-invited to TM

Comment

I have to echo Ando Teymourian's thoughts here. I understand that the purpose of these threads are to post 'our' squad selection but I often find that to be silly. There's often a divide between idealism and realism and most people generally settle for the former. When selecting a 19-man IPL-based squad, you have to look at it from the perspective of CQ. Who does he often call up? Who has he been giving more opportunities to lately?

We currently have 11 foreign based players:

Javad Nekounam | Jalal Hosseini | Pejman Montazeri | Alireza Jahanbakhsh | Sardar Azmoun | Ashkhan Dejagah | Masoud Shojaei | Alireza Haghighi | Karim Ansarifard | Reza Ghoochannejhad | Steven Beitashour

With the exception of Beitashour, it's fair to say that as long as the rest remain healthy, they will be called up to the Asian Cup squad.

That leaves 13 open spots. With 19 spots open in the South Africa camp, the most likely candidates are:

Alireza Beiranvand | Sosha Makani | Mohsen Forouzan | Hashem Beikzadeh | Khosrow Heydari | Vouria Ghafouri | Ehsan Hajsafi | Amir Hossein Sadeghi | Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh | Morteza Pouraliganji | Omid Ebrahimi | Andranik Teymourian | Soroush Rafiei | Mohammad Nouri | Ghasem Hadadifar | Mohsen Mosalman

I've listed 16 with the remaining three places likely to go to outside options for the Asian Cup (i.e. Mehrdad Jamaati, Vahid Amiri, Mehdi Sharifi).

On top of that, I'm sure CQ is working behind the scenes to get Pouladi included in the squad. Should that be the case, only 12 of the 19 players called up to the South Africa will be selected to Asian Cup squad (2 Goalkeepers, 10 Players).

From the IPL-based players, I believe the following are already locked in for the Asian Cup:

Beiravand | Forouzan | Heydari | Ghafouri | Beikzadeh | Teymourian | Ebrahimi | Rafiei | Pouraliganji | Sadeghi | Hajsafi

That's 11 of the 19 players. Hence, 10 foreign-based players + Pouladi + the listed 11 domestic-based players = 22. Add 1 more player to the squad (likely a veteran like Nouri or Hadadifar) and you have your squad for the Asian Cup.

Comment

I would like to have Ahmadzadeh and saman nariamjahan have a go.

Comment

Azmoun will be available because the russian league is done for 3 months.
                      Also reports had said that beitashour will be called up for SA camp so unless that changed he should be there.

So it should be 17 ipl players +azmoun, beitashour

Comment

That's actually a very valid point that I agree with too come to think of it.

I get that the perspective that we need to call up the players in best form and give us a chance to win the AC so I won't argue against it. I personally do like Nouri and ghazi and think they could be a good potential addition (although I agree with you that they most likely won't be called up). I just ink there are younger guys that can. Offer us the same, but again to your defense they don't have the experience that Nouri and ghazi have.

However (back to my point) what my point was that this AC could be a good chance for some young guns like let's say narimanjahan who has played very well in the league over the last year or taromi and another younger guy who's been tearing it up in the IPL for 2/3 years now like Kalantari or Ezzati to finally get a chance.

And Btw I never said I'd like to change the base of the team, that would be extremely silly for so many different reasons.

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                        I have to echo Ando Teymourian's thoughts here. I understand that the purpose of these threads are to post 'our' squad selection but I often find that to be silly. There's often a divide between idealism and realism and most people generally settle for the former. When selecting a 19-man IPL-based squad, you have to look at it from the perspective of CQ. Who does he often call up? Who has he been giving more opportunities to lately?
                        We currently have 11 foreign based players:
                        Javad Nekounam | Jalal Hosseini | Pejman Montazeri | Alireza Jahanbakhsh | Sardar Azmoun | Ashkhan Dejagah | Masoud Shojaei | Alireza Haghighi | Karim Ansarifard | Reza Ghoochannejhad | Steven Beitashour
                        With the exception of Beitashour, it's fair to say that as long as the rest remain healthy, they will be called up to the Asian Cup squad.
                        That leaves 13 open spots. With 19 spots open in the South Africa camp, the most likely candidates are:
                        Alireza Beiranvand | Sosha Makani | Mohsen Forouzan | Hashem Beikzadeh | Khosrow Heydari | Vouria Ghafouri | Ehsan Hajsafi | Amir Hossein Sadeghi | Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh | Morteza Pouraliganji | Omid Ebrahimi | Andranik Teymourian | Soroush Rafiei | Mohammad Nouri | Ghasem Hadadifar | Mohsen Mosalman
                        I've listed 16 with the remaining three places likely to go to outside options for the Asian Cup (i.e. Mehrdad Jamaati, Vahid Amiri, Mehdi Sharifi).
                        On top of that, I'm sure CQ is working behind the scenes to get Pouladi included in the squad. Should that be the case, only 12 of the 19 players called up to the South Africa will be selected to Asian Cup squad (2 Goalkeepers, 10 Players).
                        From the IPL-based players, I believe the following are already locked in for the Asian Cup:
                        Beiravand | Forouzan | Heydari | Ghafouri | Beikzadeh | Teymourian | Ebrahimi | Rafiei | Pouraliganji | Sadeghi | Hajsafi
                        That's 11 of the 19 players. Hence, 10 foreign-based players + Pouladi + the listed 11 domestic-based players = 22. Add 1 more player to the squad (likely a veteran like Nouri or Hadadifar) and you have your squad for the Asian Cup.
                        You have a point too, it is somewhat silly to include players that don't have a high chance of getting invited. However, I will say personally that I may bring someone up in my list solely to make our other friends here aware of certain players who haven't gotten the hype, attention, or credit they deserve. I'm all about being realistic but again this is more of an informing type of thread, at least for me, than posting guys we know will most likely get invited since there isn't much debate there. That's why I like conversation talking about specific players rather than just listing names. St mark for. Example does it a lot and personally I've learned of some real talented players from his posts.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

My list:
                          GK: Alireza Beiranvand, Alireza Salimi, Hamed Fallahzadeh

Defenders: Shoja Khalilzadeh, Amirhossein Sadeghi, Morteza Pouraliganji, Amin Hajmohammadi, Vouria Ghafouri, Mehrdad Jamaati

Midfielders: Ehsan Hajsafi, Andranik Teymourian, Soroush Rafie, Omid Ebrahimi, Mohsen Mosalman, Alireza Ezzati, Iman Mobali

Fowards: Mehdi Sharifi, Mehdi Taromi, Amir Arsalan Motahari

Team Break-Down:
                          Naft Tehran: 6 players
                          Esteghlal: 3 players
                          Foolad Khuzestan: 3 players
                          Tractor Sazi: 1 players
                          Saipa: 1 player

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
                            My list:
                            GK: Alireza Beiranvand, Alireza Salimi, Hamed Fallahzadeh

Midfielders: Ehsan Hajsafi, Andranik Teymourian, Soroush Rafie, Omid Ebrahimi, Mohsen Mosalman, Alireza Ezzati, Iman Mobali

Fowards: Mehdi Sharifi, Mehdi Taromi, Amir Arsalan Motahari

Team Break-Down:
                            Naft Tehran: 6 players
                            Esteghlal: 3 players
                            Foolad Khuzestan: 3 players
                            Tractor Sazi: 1 players
                            Saipa: 1 player
                            Very interesting squad, I like it! (Very similar to mine too )
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                              I would like to have Ahmadzadeh and saman nariamjahan have a go.
                              Narimanjahan for sure! magnificent technique! and ahmadzadeh as well, but ahmadzadeh is still not mature enough in my eyes. He does good on club level in every third match, but not TM material yet! hopefully some day though.
                              Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

Working...
                              X