Asian Cup 2015: Iran Can Spark Success by Taking Risks in Attack - CoralNewsUK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Japan (they are the best)
    2. Australia (for being the host and having home field advantage)
    3. Iran
    4. S. Korea
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

we can definitely be very dangerous if we play ashkan jahanbakhsh and azmoun/ gucci at the same time. I really want both JB and Dejagah on the field tho, that will bring us danger from both sides, and azmoun has the speed to actually do something.
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
        Since when is S.Korea the tournament favorites?
        It's also a little surprising that Australia are the favorites to win this Asia Cup. Will probably be the lowest ranked winner of a major tournament ever.
        S. Korea have consistently proven to be Asian giants so I don't think it's surprising to have their name in the pot of potential winners. Secondly Australia, beyond being the host nation, performed the be of all the Asian teams in the last World Cup and not just because Cahill was in the squad. They showed absolutely tremendous spirit and in any other tournament Cahill's goal against the Netherlands would've been goal of the tournament.
        Respect the opposition
        pls save us dejagah

Comment

Get ready for ref show

Comment

Hmmm .... something about the combination of these words ( CQ, risk, attack ) that dont sit well with reality. You just can't put these words in the same sentence.
            So happy daydreaming coralnews or whatever

Maybe if you bring in words like ''bus'', ''cautious'', ''bus'', double-Decker bus, ... then you might find some association

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
              The world cup is a very small sample size. You can't really judge a team's ability based only on 3 games. Most of Japan's first eleven are starters in the top European leagues while we rely on players who play in Eerste Divisie, Liga Adelante, RPL, IPL and Persian Gulf. On paper they are better than us. Australia also has some quality Euro-based players, namely, Jedinak, Oar, Kruse, Langerak etc.
              Not three games. To be more precise, only a single 45 minute half, actually

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                Ghorbooneh un feeling beram man
                Maa mokhlesim! 😉
                sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Who cares if they have legioneers in European leagues! We have become a solid team with good chemistry and play as a unit. On top of that having big heart and ambition was big part of our success in worldcup qualification and World Cup itself where we show cased a great performance against Argentina/Nigeria and we can play a logical football with any team in the world. However we are definitely rusty and need more friendlies, but having Carlos Queiroz on our sides it gives me relief that everything at the end will work out! Let the world underestimate us again so we can shut them up once again that despite hating on Iranians and putting all these sanctions and limitations on our people, we will still put up a performance keh dahaneh hameh baaz mimooneh! Shak nakonid!
                  sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Superparsi

I agree with everything you said.
                    I also believe that we can get passed Korea and Australia again.
                    But I think we only have a %25 chance of beating Japan tho.
                    Beating them and winning the Asian Cup will be a huge upset for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                      Superparsi

I agree with you, but honestly making it even to the final for me is good enough! It's definitely a slap in the face for those rich ass federations which invest millions for their national teams only to come and lose against a nation who's federation consist of bunch of retards and thieves! Beh har haal Team Melli will make the final! And even if they don't I will always be proud of our boys!! They sure will make us proud like they did at Brazil!
                      sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                        Superparsi

We will beat Japan.

Comment

I like how she uses the name "Princes of Persia" a more fitting moniker than ridiculous 'Team Melli' ??!!...

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                            Get ready for ref show
                            Already getting ready for excuses? I hate when people do this. No ref was ever the reason for a loss and anyone that thinks so is just looking for an excuse.

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                            I like how she uses the name "Princes of Persia" a more fitting moniker than ridiculous 'Team Melli' ??!!...
                            I actually hate Princes of Persia. It is so cliche.
                            Team Melli I do love. Its become our International name just like Selecao, Bafana Bafana, etc. What is wrong with it?

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                              Already getting ready for excuses? I hate when people do this. No ref was ever the reason for a loss and anyone that thinks so is just looking for an excuse.

I actually hate Princes of Persia. It is so cliche.
                              Team Melli I do love. Its become our International name just like Selecao, Bafana Bafana, etc. What is wrong with it?
                              Team Melli is a translated term for national team! how about Red Devils Like the koreans or Blue Samuaria like the Japs or even Sons of the desert like the Saudis! Team Melli sounds more like a description than a name dont you think??

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                                Team Melli is a translated term for national team! how about Red Devils Like the koreans or Blue Samuaria like the Japs or even Sons of the desert like the Saudis! Team Melli sounds more like a description than a name dont you think??
                                Look I could be on my own but I don't think we need a cliche name to go with our team. Foreign media has embraced the term Team Melli and I like it and it is established.

The Dutch have a color as their nickname for gods sake. Who cares.

Bafana Bafana - Boys Boys
                                La Albiceleste - The White and Sky Blue
                                Los Cafeteros - The Coffee Growers <---LOL
                                All Whites
                                La Verde - The Green
                                Al Akhdar - The Green

Russia, Portugal, Latvia, Israel, Hungary, Greece, Germany, Czech Republic, Azerbaijan and Iran all have "Team Melli" as the teams nickname.

Some of the above names are ridiculous and as you can see some very famous and well respected teams are also known as "National Team"

Stop Complaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X