Gucci to return to Charlton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    At present in TM it's Reza and/or Sardar...not many more options up front.
    Realistically, I would love to see Gucci in MLS...I think it's a step up as compared to Kuwait, and to be honest, it can happen since teams are signing players left and right...I do not see him going back to Europe barring a miracle.
    The comment wasn't he is one of our best strikers to choose from right now. If it was, I'd agree with that.

It was he is one of our best EVER, which I would greatly dispute. He's not even close. Besides, it looks as if CQ is starting to favour Azmoun over him as the lone striker. Azmoun's not even playing regular football yet - it says a lot about our lack of genuine attacking options. As far as our overall legacy of forwards goes, I'm loathe to include someone who couldn't cut it in the Belgian league or English 2nd division as one of our greats.

Granted he scored 3 important goals for us in June 2013 and a consolation WC goal but his choice of money over ambition at the peak of his career together with the fact that his best club form was a few seasons ago in the Dutch 2nd Division (which many on here think is beneath Jahanbakhsh) and he's been on the wane ever since suggests that he'll never reach the level and prestige that past legionnaire strikers did (Daei, Azizi, Hashemian) and surely will (Azmoun).

On the subject of this thread, he wont return to Charlton until the summer. They're not going to accept him back now as he's surplus to requirements and they'd rather have his wages paid off for the whole season by Al-Kuwait. So the next 4 months will be spent in limbo and then Charlton will look to get rid of him in June. Luzon had him briefly at Standard and sold him, so he doesn't rate him. If nobody comes in for him in the summer, he'll most likely move within Duchatelet's network or have his contract terminated.

Comment

Gucci joins Al wakra of Qatar. As if we didn't already have enogh players there!

به گزارش خبرگزاری فارس، رضا قوچان*نژاد مهاجم تیم ملی ایران که قبل جام ملت*ها آسیا از تیم الکویت جدا شده بود امروز صبح برای گذراندن تست پزشکی باشگاه الوکره وارد قطر می شود و پس از بررسی و توافق نهایی با عقد قراردادی یک ساله به عضویت الوکره قطر در خواهد آمد.

طبق برنامه قوچان*نژاد بعد از گذراندن تست پزشکی و عقد قرارداد در کنفرانس مطبوعاتی به سوالات خبرنگاران پاسخ خواهد داد.

قوچان*نژاد که در کارنامه حضور در لیگ بلژیک و لیگ یک انگلیس را دارد این بار در لیگ قطر به میدان خواهد رفت.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=207123

Comment

Originally posted by navidpersia View Post
        Gucci joins Al wakra of Qatar. As if we didn't already have enogh players there!

به گزارش خبرگزاری فارس، رضا قوچان*نژاد مهاجم تیم ملی ایران که قبل جام ملت*ها آسیا از تیم الکویت جدا شده بود امروز صبح برای گذراندن تست پزشکی باشگاه الوکره وارد قطر می شود و پس از بررسی و توافق نهایی با عقد قراردادی یک ساله به عضویت الوکره قطر در خواهد آمد.

طبق برنامه قوچان*نژاد بعد از گذراندن تست پزشکی و عقد قرارداد در کنفرانس مطبوعاتی به سوالات خبرنگاران پاسخ خواهد داد.

قوچان*نژاد که در کارنامه حضور در لیگ بلژیک و لیگ یک انگلیس را دارد این بار در لیگ قطر به میدان خواهد رفت.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=207123
        At least better then Kuwait.

Comment

Comment

Because they don't provide enough money to secure his future

Comment

So after Al Vakra he will join another Al something or goes back to Europe?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                So after Al Vakra he will join another Al something or goes back to Europe?
                My bet is also that he will stay and rotten further in Al-Gutter-Shotor leagues.

Comment

He scored 3 very imporant goals for TM. No doubt about that. But has always been a 2nd division striker. There is nothing special about him. Ghoochanejhad is simply overrated in my opinion.
                  He is a rough player with fighting spirit which i really like but still i prefer Azmoun (and Jahanbakhsh, even though not a striker).
                  And playing in the Al-Gooz leagues shows his quality actually.
                  But well that's how the football world works.
                  IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                    He scored 3 very imporant goals for TM. No doubt about that. But has always been a 2nd division striker. There is nothing special about him. Ghoochanejhad is simply overrated in my opinion.
                    He is a rough player with fighting spirit which i really like but still i prefer Azmoun (and Jahanbakhsh, even though not a striker).
                    I saw that coming before world cup, I knew he was going to play less impressive and told my friends, but all of them were hyped up by "CQ knows the best" motto. I really didn't like when Azmoun and Khalatbari were out of the TM list. Khalatbari is killing it in Sepahan now. He is a creative play maker that our NT needs. Anyway. Gucci will be wasted if he remains in Al something clubs. He might not come back as good as he used to be in 2013 but he has this last magic touch in him. He is an opportunist striker and we need someone like him as 2nd or 3rd striker in TM. Someone that can finish the job in chaos in front of the opponent goal. He got a little lazy recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                      This

No matter what, Gucci will always be remembered as the man who took us to the WC, but, having seen him play at Charlton and even SL, he was not good at all. We should invest in the future, by inviting players like Taromi and Kaveh Rezaei while starting Azmoun, I wish our TM coach cared about the future of TM after he leaves...

Comment

To say Ghoochannejhad is an overrated striker goes way too far.

With Team Melli he has a great match-goal ratio and he scored few very important ones.

He does what a striker should do and that's scoring goals. What else do we want?

The only thing that really annoys me is his poor career choices. Only 2 years ago he was bought by Belgian top team Standard Liege only to pop up in the Kuwaiti amateur league later on. I doubt a bad striker would be picked up by a good European side, it's rather his lack of motivation for club football. He is still 27 and he can give his European career a new glance by moving back to a decent team this summer. If he does not, then he will be done.

This guy is collecting Arab money during his prime..which says something about his ambitions. The same situation applies for Ashkan Dejagah.

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Abbas View Post
                          This

No matter what, Gucci will always be remembered as the man who took us to the WC, but, having seen him play at Charlton and even SL, he was not good at all. We should invest in the future, by inviting players like Taromi and Kaveh Rezaei while starting Azmoun, I wish our TM coach cared about the future of TM after he leaves...
                          I am a former Persepolis fan and I think Taremi is overrated. Kaveh Rezaei is a better choice.

Comment

Depends on what you mean by overrated, I certainly wouldn't agree, I htink as a player he is incredibly smart, he always manages to create goal scoring opportunities for himself, from nowhere when no one expects it. He surely is no Daei, but he possesses some rare qualities that makes him a special kind of player. For instance, his positioning and his runs were very impressive in our game vs Argentina, he was always where he needed to be. Vs Sweden he gave a nice heading pass to Amiri who got us our penalty while brinign 2 defenders along him creating open space for Amiri. Not to mention his shot on the post in the game vs Sweden, where basically no one in the Swedish national team had any what was going on or expected that.

He pretty much killed his career by bad choices though..

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              To say Ghoochannejhad is an overrated striker goes way too far.

With Team Melli he has a great match-goal ratio and he scored few very important ones.

He does what a striker should do and that's scoring goals. What else do we want?

The only thing that really annoys me is his poor career choices. Only 2 years ago he was bought by Belgian top team Standard Liege only to pop up in the Kuwaiti amateur league later on. I doubt a bad striker would be picked up by a good European side, it's rather his lack of motivation for club football. He is still 27 and he can give his European career a new glance by moving back to a decent team this summer. If he does not, then he will be done.

This guy is collecting Arab money during his prime..which says something about his ambitions. The same situation applies for Ashkan Dejagah.
                              Mansourian said something in an interview about PAG that I like to say here. He said going to Al something is good when you are over 30 and close to the end of your career not when you are young and promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                                Depends on what you mean by overrated, I certainly wouldn't agree, I htink as a player he is incredibly smart, he always manages to create goal scoring opportunities for himself, from nowhere when no one expects it. He surely is no Daei, but he possesses some rare qualities that makes him a special kind of player.

He pretty much killed his career by bad choices though..
                                I agree.

I might exaggerate, but I feel like Gucci would have a place in teams like Japan or Korea too simply because he is extremely effective. He has 13 goals in 25 international games, he is the type of guy you want in your team when you have trouble with scoring.

Comment

Working...
                                X