New hope for Iranian coaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New hope for Iranian coaches?

Despite the league stagnating, in many cases even getting worse, we can finally talk about some promising improvements as well. The media successfully fooled few people to believe CQ is disrespecting IPL players/talents, which is laughable. The bitter truth however is that actually the majority of our own domestic coaches have been ignoring our youngsters for years by not trusting, meaning not giving them enough playing time. A bunch of gutless unqualified coaches only looking for "trophies" and short term success. Of course at the same time we must blame the "result oriented" fans putting too much pressure on the coach/youngsters - as well as the management for not giving the needed time to build up a team for the future. Keep in mind I am not talking about all coaches/clubs, fortunately we do have exceptions.

Anyway, new "faces" in the league are starting to create a new refreshing trend - let me start with:

Yahya Golmohammadi Alireza Mansourian
    - Probably the most loveable one these days. Not necessary because of his promising coaching skills, it's still way too soon to judge him, but mainly because he is a true gentleman - a class act rare in this "dirty" league. He did well with Omid and now at Naft is proving again that he knows how to work & trust young players. U-23 team played some unfamiliar attractive football and the youngsters under Mansourian's helm were flourishing. Naft Tehran usually is a mid-table team, but now they are on top with the average team age of 24!

That's the kind of person you want to see taking care of the youth - respectable and "clean", not looking for fame or superficial results. It might be too soon now, but I hoping for him to lead Esteghlal one day instead of shady characters like Ghalenoi. Let's just hope he survives all the hashiye and corruption to become a serious candidate for TM in the future.

These were 2 examples I personally wanted to focus on - please feel free to add other examples like Khatibi....
    One thing we probably all agree on is that at least this pathetic recycling has to stop. With all due respect - guys like Mazloumi, MK, Marfavi, Yavari, Derakhshan, Estili... and others really should have no business anymore as they have been failing over and over again, adding more or less nothing new to our league.

Here a video from Navad for those who are too lazy to read

Last edited by Nariman; 12-25-2014, 03:17 PM.
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

I am still shocked Faraki got the "Best coach of the year" award! Truly nonsense...

Mansourian deserved it by far! Took a starless underdog team and was damn close to win the double! Only one goal away from PGL Championship, became runner-up in Hazfi and reached the next round of ACL as the only Iranian team. Fantastic achievement, but the greater aspect is HOW he managed that! He did to rely on superstars and did not only use older players to get short term results to save his face. Instead he had the guts to give youngsters a chance and kept his team sharp for all 3 tournaments - creating a perfect mix between young/old & making use of modern training methods. Even when a key player like Pouraliganji left the team it did not set them back, this is what you call a real TEAM. For me, Naft Tehran was the most impressive team of the previous season and I wish they had scored that last chance vs. Teraktor...

On the other side Yahya Golmohammadi, the man who knows how to get a team out of the crisis. Kicked a relegation-threatened Zob Ahan into the Top 5 and won the Hazfi Cup by beating Esteghlal, Perspolis and Naft. Had it not been for their slow start, they might have won the League as well! Again, not relying on superstars and trusting the youth instead. Zob Ahan played the most beautiful football towards the end of the league IMO.

In case you still have not seen it, interview with both Mansourian & Golmohammadi on Navad:
    (Don't miss when Mansourian talks about Naft's recovery methods, which he learned from CQ. This was one of the main reasons why Naft managed to compete for all 3 cups, despite a relative unspectacular squad.)

Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Spot on as always PK, I would only say rasoul khatibi should be added as well.

TS was the most consistent team under him, he showed he is a fine coach and despite Siah Jamegans first two results, they have played pretty well. I would definitely rate mansourian and golmo ahead of khatibi ATM but he deserves a mention as well.

I still believe that had he not been let go they would have faired better both in the league and ACL.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He won a trophy with Sepahan last season and with Foolad the season before. Two trophies in two seasons is a great record so I think he deserved it. He took over the team that was struggling during the season. They were playing beautiful football and managed to lift the trophy so I think it was fair.

Comment

Working...
        X