X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRE-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Bahrain - Asian Cup 2015

Match Thread: (thanks to Kiarash)
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...nfo-and-Report

To avoid multiple threads, here is the official PRE-MATCH Discussion thread on PFDC for our first Asian Cup 2015 match against Bahrain. We will keep this one open, 3 days before the match we will open the main thread for the live report comments. Later on we are going to have a post match thread with a poll to choose the MVP.

Please collect all stream links here as well to keep the live report thread clean later on. Of course new TM wallpapers are always welcome
    Iran wins
    0%
    Draw
    0%
    Bahrain wins
    0%
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

To PK and the other mods:

Is it fine if I create match threads for non-Iran matches in the football forum for the Asian Cup? I know we normally keep this forum only for Iran-related news but given that it's the Asian Cup, I thought we could make an exception. I remember we made an Asian Cup-specific forum in 2011 but I'm not sure if there are plans to do so this time. Also, the International forum attracts a lot less attention which is why I don't want to put it there.

I really like the format of Kiarash's Iran - Bahrain thread.

Comment

I usually don't like to underestimate opponents, but out first game is going to be an easy job to pull off. I predict a comfortable 3-0 win over Bahrain.

This is how I hope the line up will be:

GK: Haghighi

CB: Sadeghi - Hosseini

LB: Montazeri

RB: Ghafouri

DM: Nekounam (C) - Ando

CM: Hajsafi

AM: Shojaei

ST: Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah

I hope CQ will take a more offensive approach since we are talking about Bahrain. A packed defense is not really important in the group stage, these games should be a nice opportunity to try out a more offensive system if you ask me. I like the idea of two strikers. Jahanbakhsh should be starting from the beginning with Dejagah up front and Shojaei as creative play maker. Towards the end of the game, give Ansarifard a chance and start playing with 4-3-3. Gucci can be an option too although I'm not a big fan of his move to Kuwait. Maybe his form could have been dropped dramatically; Ansarifard has only been better ever since he left to Osasuna. Notable mention for Ghafouri: he really impressed me during the Korea game. He looked dangerous as a right back, I'd like him to get more playing minutes.

Comment

Iran chikaresh mikoneh?

Comment

Just as a reminder,

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
            Just as a reminder,

I love the 6-0 game! ... but the game in Asian Cup will certainly be played with a different tempo!

Bahrain is much weaker team nowadays than before, but still these ** edited *** Arabs always play in a higher gear against Iran and unfortunately our players often fall victim to the emotional aspect of the game against *** edited *** Arabs.

We beat Bahrain 6-0 in Tehran but struggled in Manama to a 1-1 draw.

It is not going to be easy playing 3 *** edited *** Arab team in group stage.

Comment

Hopefully after the game against the grassrollers we will have inflicted another global humiliation.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                I love the 6-0 game! ... but the game in Asian Cup will certainly be played with a different tempo!

Bahrain is much weaker team nowadays than before, but still these ** edited *** Arabs always play in a higher gear against Iran and unfortunately our players often fall victim to the emotional aspect of the game against *** edited *** Arabs.

We beat Bahrain 6-0 in Tehran but struggled in Manama to a 1-1 draw.

It is not going to be easy playing 3 *** edited *** Arab team in group stage.

Great Post, except the edited parts.

lets not get emotional ourselves when describing them.
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Iran can win so long we don't underestimate any opponent. Remember Bosnia in the World Cup?

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

As I have written before, I believe Bahrain and goal diffrence will make key contributions to group standing which I expect to go to the wire. It's imparative that we open the group with a large positive deficit and Top it on the first day while Q and U tie.

Having said that, With 3 Arab teams in our group we got to take charge by winning our games, any draw will put the control in their hands. The worst case scenario is them putting 10 goals past Bahrain. How many times have we seen them doing that with other teams?
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                      As I have written before, I believe Bahrain and goal diffrence will make key contributions to group standing which I expect to go to the wire. It's imparative that we open the group with a large positive deficit and Top it on the first day while Q and U tie.

Having said that, With 3 Arab teams in our group we got to take charge by winning our games, any draw will put the control in their hands. The worst case scenario is them putting 10 goals past Bahrain. How many times have we seen them doing that with other teams?
                      Yeah, any draw is dangerous. We need to win the first two games and only then we are safe. UAE, Bahrain and Qatar will do everything to make sure Iran does not go through. They will certainly sell-out if god forbid it comes down to goal difference.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post

Good point, actually the last time this happened was Qatar opening up for Uzbekistan, with that late flurry of goals to win it 5-1.
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

We really do have the best draw possible this time... Bahrain is the weakest team in the group and this match will serve as a good warm up to the other two tougher games.

At the same time, Qatar and UAE are going to be going at each other pretty hard in the other game, because their perception will be that the winner of that match will go through with Iran and the loser's out. So Qatar will be facing Iran after a VERY tough must-win match.

I suspect that CQ will start with a conservative approach in this game, considering our lack of friendlies and co-ordination, which is probably a smart choice. I do like to see us playing a very hard pressing game though, rather than sitting back and giving Bahrain even the smallest amount of space to cause any surprises in the first 20 minutes or so.

My prediction is Iran 3 - Bahrain 1 (most if not all goals likely to come in the 2nd half).

Comment

Who's the one who voted for a draw?

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                              We really do have the best draw possible this time... Bahrain is the weakest team in the group and this match will serve as a good warm up to the other two tougher games.

At the same time, Qatar and UAE are going to be going at each other pretty hard in the other game, because their perception will be that the winner of that match will go through with Iran and the loser's out. So Qatar will be facing Iran after a VERY tough must-win match.

I suspect that CQ will start with a conservative approach in this game, considering our lack of friendlies and co-ordination, which is probably a smart choice. I do like to see us playing a very hard pressing game though, rather than sitting back and giving Bahrain even the smallest amount of space to cause any surprises in the first 20 minutes or so.

My prediction is Iran 3 - Bahrain 1 (most if not all goals likely to come in the 2nd half).
                              Agreed mostly..!
                              Doubt they can score on us though..!
                              FT 2-0 or hopefully 3-0
                              GD to play a big role in who will top the group. Us or gutter..!

Comment

Working...
                              X