Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Do we train at penalties and are we ready for a PSO scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a bit old article but still interesting...

Ranking of teams' penalty shoot-out records in major championships (World Cup finals, Continental championship finals and Confederations Cup only) - three shoot-out minimum.
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...124859605.html

Comment

Nekounam - the best we have
      Reza - one of the best shooters we have
      Dejagah - able to handle pressure well
      Jahanbakhsh - again, one of our better shooters
      Ando - calm, pressure doesn't exist for him, can pick a spot well.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

This thread is so random.
        Firstly, we cannot have any PSO's in the group stages so why do we need to talk about it?
        It would be better if you opened this thread before the knockout stages as there is a relation between the two.
        If this just popped into your head randomly, you need to keep yourself more active my friend!
        We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Wow that was so ironic!
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
            Firstly, we cannot have any PSO's in the group stages so why do we need to talk about it?
            It would be better if you opened this thread before the knockout stages as there is a relation between the two.
            If this just popped into your head randomly, you need to keep yourself more active my friend!

Ridi

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

Ridi

Comment

Should be practicing pks at the end of training.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I remember in 2007 Ghalenoei changed our GK before the PSO against Korea and then his tactic failed miserably.

Comment

This tweet from an Australian reporter after Iran-Iraq game should add some weight to the topic
                    https://twitter.com/mitchrwcohen/sta...77699052154880
                    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                      LOL
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

1) Ashkan Dejagah
                        2) Nekounam
                        3) Ehsan Hajsafi
                        4) Andranik Teymourian
                        5) Masoud Shojaei

Need players with good mentality and shot

Comment

Originally posted by persian8iran View Post
                          1) Ashkan Dejagah
                          2) Nekounam
                          3) Ehsan Hajsafi
                          4) Andranik Teymourian
                          5) Masoud Shojaei

Need players with good mentality and shot
                          I don't understand why people put Dejagah first.. I don't think I have ever seen him take a penalty, while Nekounam has only missed 1 penalty as far as I remember, and it wasn't really a miss either, but a save from the goalkeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                            I don't understand why people put Dejagah first.. I don't think I have ever seen him take a penalty, while Nekounam has only missed 1 penalty as far as I remember, and it wasn't really a miss either, but a save from the goalkeeper.
                            More experience, in Primer League stadium's, Man City, Man United, Arsenal etc.. Of course is good option for take.

Comment

Originally posted by persian8iran View Post
                              More experience, in Primer League stadium's, Man City, Man United, Arsenal etc.. Of course is good option for take.
                              I also think he would be a good option, but I would still put Nekounam ahead of him, there is a reason why Nekounam takes all of our penalties

I agree that Hajsafi would be a good option too.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they train on their penalty kicks. Also, having Haghighi in goal is definitely a massive advantage too.

1) Hajsafi - Penalty taker for Sepahan, seems pretty calm and scores a lot of penalties.
                                2) Ebrahimi - A very good Penalty taker for Sepahan and now Esteghlal.
                                3)Seyed Jalal Hosseini - Very calm when taking penalties, usually goes for the bottom corners (just like Aghili)
                                4) Dejagah - Pro, I've seen him take one penalty for Fulham in Costa Rica and he scored.
                                5) Javad - No need to explain

P.S. I don't want Shojaie anywhere near the penalty spot! or anywhere near the pitch even! He's emotional and has f**** us over a lot in the past!

Comment

Working...
                                X