Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Do we train at penalties and are we ready for a PSO scenario?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poise and Composure plays the biggest role in converting PKs in my opinion..!! my sorta not so well though-out choices would probably be ..

1)Javaad
    2)Ando
    3)Reza
    4)Ebrahimi
    5)Hossaini/hajafi/ARJ..?

Comment

1. nekounam
      2. hajsafi
      3. gucci
      4. dejagah
      5. jahanbaksh

i dont trust ando taking pk's. he uses too much brute force

Comment

1. Nekounam
        2. Jahanbakhsh
        3. Ando / Hajsafi
        4. Dejagah
        5. Gucci

6. CQ
        Last edited by Nariman; 01-06-2015, 12:57 PM.
        Formerly known as Persianking!
        Follow me @
        instagram/iranscout
        instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

I think Beiranvand is a better PK stopper than Haghighi. Anyone else had that though?
          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
            Iran and England have got to be the worst nations I've seen when it comes to penalty shoot-outs. I've just come to terms with the fact that if a match does go into a penalty shoot-out, we're probably going to be eliminated.
            It's funny and yet sad how you turned out to be right.

Before I die, I want to see Iran advancing in a penalty shoot-out.

Comment

Raises the following question: what could it be that Iran barely advances through penalties? Is there a psychological factor playing a role? What could it be?

I would like to hear your inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                It's funny and yet sad how you turned out to be right.

Before I die, I want to see Iran advancing in a penalty shoot-out.
                I'll be honest with you. When we conceded the 2nd and the 3rd, I didn't stop believing that we would equalize - in fact, I was sure we would. But the moment the whistle was blown and 120 minutes came to an end, that's when I stopped watching. 2004 and 2007 already left a tremendously bitter memory. Even to date, I've not yet seen any of the penalties that our players took.

Comment

Last time we won a major penalty shoot out goes back to 2002 when our U23 team defeated S Korea in the semi final of the Asian Games.

Comment

I'll be honest with you. When we conceded the 2nd and the 3rd, I didn't stop believing that we would equalize - in fact, I was sure we would. But the moment the whistle was blown and 120 minutes came to an end, that's when I stopped watching. 2004 and 2007 already left a tremendously bitter memory. Even to date, I've not yet seen any of the penalties that our players took.
                    I was at uni at the moment and when we got scored on my heart skipped many beats, I locked myself up in a small classroom being entirely alone watching it on my laptop only to see Iran scoring the equalizer. When Iraq made the 2-3 I was shattered but I barely got any breath when we made the 3-3.

When the penalties were about to start...I just can't get myself to watch penalties. The stress is too much and I decided to leave it to my friend who was following it through his phone.

Rest is history. Mind you it was in the middle of a week where I had many important exams. Miraculously passed them all without looking at my books. Apart from the Argentina game it was the most emotional week of my life so far. Especially with that doping scandal too.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                      Last time we won a major penalty shoot out goes back to 2002 when our U23 team defeated S Korea in the semi final of the Asian Games.
                      Our Senior Team obviously has a problematical penalty shoot-out syndrome though.

Comment

What really bothers me is that the AFC posted this:

'Iran in Tears'

It's not like they showed the disappointment of any other team that was eliminated. This type of video was only posted exclusive to our elimination. The players know they were robbed and the AFC decided to rub salt on the wound.

This team was completely ready to win the tournament and was unjustly robbed. It's beyond me how any can point the finger at CQ or any specific player.
                        Last edited by K. Nader; 03-25-2015, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          Our Senior Team obviously has a problematical penalty shoot-out syndrome though.
                          Our senior team won 3rd place in the 1988 AC on penalty kicks and the 1990 Asian Games championship game also on pks.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            Our senior team won 3rd place in the 1988 AC on penalty kicks and the 1990 Asian Games championship game also on pks.
                            Yeah bro, but that's a long time ago!

2004, 2007 and 2015 didn't work out.

Comment

'Iran in Tears'

It's not like they showed the disappointment of any other team that was eliminated. This type of video was only posted exclusive to our elimination. The players know they were robbed and the AFC decided to rub salt on the wound.

This team was completely ready to win the tournament and was unjustly robbed. It's beyond me how any can point the finger at CQ or any specific player.
                              well this was damn depressing to look at again... why would they make this video..
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

'Iran in Tears'

short answer: Arab(soosk)-FC
                                Hopefully, none of them will ever qualify for a World Cup again.

Comment

Working...
                                X