Iran vs Iraq post match discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overall a very decent match IMO being that I think we got what we needed out of it:

- with the absence of montazeri I was curious to see who could fill his shoes best, which I thought would be ghafouri. But after seeing that performance from rezaeian I must say I'm really hoping we see him start, that was a great game from him.

- rafiei also IMO had a pretty good game. In the first half he was able to draw a lot of fouls, did a lot of running, and essentially created the counter which should have led to sitter which was missed by amiri.

- azmoun's goal was beautiful. Amazing effort to get the ball and finish that goal himself, that goal was created 100% from his hustle and hunger.

It'll be interesting to see if CQ will opt to start azmoun going forward given at this rate he would be insane to not be giving it serious thought. The kid is simply a world class player and has been on fire for TM recently.

Again, a decent match and a good morale boost going into our opening AC match.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
    Overall a very decent match IMO being that I think we got what we needed out of it:

- with the absence of montazeri I was curious to see who could fill his shoes best, which I thought would be ghafouri. But after seeing that performance from rezaeian I must say I'm really hoping we see him start, that was a great game from him.

- rafiei also IMO had a pretty good game. In the first half he was able to draw a lot of fouls, did a lot of running, and essentially created the counter which should have led to sitter which was missed by amiri.

- azmoun's goal was beautiful. Amazing effort to get the ball and finish that goal himself, that goal was created 100% from his hustle and hunger.

It'll be interesting to see if CQ will opt to start azmoun going forward given at this rate he would be insane to not be giving it serious thought. The kid is simply a world class player and has been on fire for TM recently.

Again, a decent match and a good morale boost going into our opening AC match.
    Good effort. I was pleased to see such a physical game from our reserves. Sometimes I find myself wishing that our A-team had that same hustle.

Azmoun is good, but he will not start in Asia Cup. If anything, I bet that he will be the third striker after Gucci and Ansarifard.

Comment

Azmoun can be described as world class and whatever as much as you want but he's not as good as Reza, this is fairly obvious. It's vital that we finally have something to bring off the bench though as that option would have been Karim at the WC

Comment

Re: Iran vs Iraq post match discussion

Azmoun is definitely a striker from the russian league. Hard work rate and great strength. Many people surprised me today. Pour Ali ganji seems very relaxed. Ansarifard was decent. Could do better. Reza alreza and dejagah were all very good. And Reza looked very crisp on the ball. Ghafouri should examine his eyes because I could have scored that goal with my eyes closed.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Took about 15 minutes for the boys to get rid of their jitters, which is understandable since many of them were playing their first (or 2nd caps) and someone like Beikzadeh was getting comfortable in the new position.

Once they felt a bit more relaxed things got better.

Rezaeian was an amazing surprise. I thought he did very well. A very strong, fit guy, with confidence which is a rarity in IPL. In the early minutes when our right side was kind of lost, he kept his composure and held the line well. Very good game from him.

Pouraliganji was quite composed in his first official cap. Didn't really make any mistakes, strong in the air, connected well with his CD partner. What else can you ask for? Beikzadeh gained confidence in his new position as the game went on. He was also very vocal with the D line which I really liked. Good job by him today too.

Pouladi showed his has little, if any rust. Defensively sound as usual. He is a BIG plus for this AC, fantastic that we were able to snag him late.

Ebrahimi was energetic and hustled well. Few missed passes, but he obviously is not going to have a 100% pass rate in the busiest part of the field. Same goes for Rafiei who also showed some quick moves and nice weighted forward passes. Again, missing a couple passes in that area of the field is not shocking.

Ghafouri is strong on his runs down the wing. Missed a sitter but i am guessing 9 times out of 10 he will score that goal. Better for us that he missed in a friendly.

Amiri getting unfairly criticized IMO. He was definitely the most nervous in the first 15 minutes. But as he started getting his feet wet and getting more involved, he showed a lot of battle and fighting spirit. Won a lot of balls that many players would not even try for. 2 misses in his first cap doesn't finish his career in the national team, lets get real please.

Karim and Azmoun didn't get too much service but they worked decently with what they got. Sardar showed his speed on his goal as well as his composure. Karim was somewhat on the wing but still managed to make a few positive plays (as well as a few poor ones).

Overall, the most important lesson I learned from this friendly is that for the first time in a long time, our team has some depth. Any one of these players can be subbed in for 30 minutes and we shouldn't really miss a beat. We have a strong bench and in tourneys like this, having a strong bench is an absolute must have.

Comment

Azmoun = brilliant
            Amiri was involved in every big chance we had. Definitely promising.
            Beikzadeh in central defense =
            Rafiei = Shojaei II, up to you if you like that or not

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
              Rafiei = Shojaei II, up to you if you like that or not
              Ie, you think he is amazing and best thing ever since slice bread lol jk

Comment

Re: Iran vs Iraq post match discussion

I certainly agree that we have a deep bench.

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  I certainly agree that we have a deep bench.

Iran be like Bayern Munich..

Comment

Rafiei was great in my opinion.

He defended as well as attacked.

Comment

The 2nd best part about this friendly was that it was used for what a friendly is for: experimentation; the result doesn't matter.

The best part about this friendly: the continued rise of AZMOUN!

Comment

- Amiri never stopped running, even in 90th minute, he seems very fit and aggressive, 2 poor misses really made his performance look poor.
                        - Ansarifard should start taking lessons from his younger partner Azmoun, Ansarifard was not impressive at all, just a few good dribbles
                        - I didn't see much from Jahanbakhsh after he came in
                        - Rafeiei was good needs to work on his freekicks if he is taking them, useful playmaker in him is emerging
                        - Pouladi wasn't his usual self, Pouraliganji and Beikzadeh were decent as CB's but they wont be playing Hosseini and Sadeghi a lot better.
                        - and everyone is praising Rezayan but to be honest I for some reason jsut didn't notice him, i must have missed his actions so cant comment on him
                        - Ghafouri was weak today
                        - Ebrahimi impressed me, good to know we have a solid DMF incase something goes wrong with Ando and nekounam (on these two, saw a good pass from nekounam and didnt see him again, and Ando is seeming to get back into form slowly but still not his usual self)
                        - Reza was great since he came on he is alert and seems to have kept his form despite playing in a horrible league
                        - Dejagah always a threat, had some nice dribbles here and there, liked his gheyrat at the end
                        - Azmoun with the great goal, such a classic striker he is, and like his aggression (but calm down on the fouls!)
                        - Both keepers weren't tested too much and Haghighi will obviouslly be starting

- Dont think anyone else played. Seems like CQ knows htat everyone is aware what our lineup is, and he really is throwing people off with the defense that he played (and he has kept in mind our defense is our foundation wants it to be less predictable and have back ups ready) Lots of potential even in our new younger players, would be interesting to see if they get playing time or we go with our classic formation with like 1 change or so. Regardless we have lots of good subs!

- Overall A definite improvement from our game with Korea, and the two halves were fairly different but the main thing i took away from this match is our team looks really really fit! No one looked gassed and everyone was pressuring and attacking, and we showed good offensive ability in counter attack (even while playing attacking football which must be scary for hte Arab teams to watch, they know if they attack they will most likely concede) I am sure CQ took exactly waht he needed from this match, always nice to win a friendly, especially against an Arab team this near the Asia cup definite moral booster! Thanks boys and see you against Bahrain soon!

- Decent performance overall, somewhat hopeful
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Iran played using a counter attack approach and Iraq missed a penalty.

Comment

Anyone else noticed Jahanbakhshs contributions and almost zero errors?
                            This guy will be world class one day!!!!!
                            IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I am happy for Azmoun. For the first time in 20 years we actually have 4 good strikers to choose from. Amiri was disappointing.

Comment

Working...
                              X