• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jahandoost aziz

I can only rely on facts and their past history

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      Can't be wishing for Nekounam to retire given the alternatives currently. If he was keeping good players out and we were just playing him because of his stature and leadership maybe but he's still miles ahead of the likes of Ebrahimi and what-not which is worrying. When he goes, he'll take a hell of a lot of our strength with him.
      Nowadays defensively Ebrahimi can do the job as good, if not better than Nekounam. However what we will be missing and is so special about Javad is his offensive instinct (even at his age), which is much higher than an average center mid.

Comment

Daei shireh.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          Can't be wishing for Nekounam to retire given the alternatives currently. If he was keeping good players out and we were just playing him because of his stature and leadership maybe but he's still miles ahead of the likes of Ebrahimi and what-not which is worrying. When he goes, he'll take a hell of a lot of our strength with him.
          IMHO Pouraliganji is the most likely candidate as Nekou's replacement as a DM. CQ just tried him out in defense in the Iraq game to see how he distributes the ball from the back and since Ghafouri is not naturally a central player.

I don't know how long Sadeghi will stay on for, but we'll likely see Montazeri move into central defense for the next couple of years (after Sadeghi leaves). That would explain why CQ has picked so many players for right defense in this tournament. It's tough to throw inexperienced players into central defense.

Comment

Iranian legends at work and that will be a boost to TM. I smell the final against either Japan or Australia.

Comment

I predict if we play Japan in the final we will loose 2-1

If we play Australia in the final we will win 2-1

Comment

records are meant to be broken, now with one record less maybe people will get off his back and he will be more humble. it is good to have several players with national records.
                IRI = FAILED

Comment

There is no question on Ali Daie's patriotism.
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Its so nice to see Daei make such a statement. If Karimi hadn't quit we would go into this tournament with absolutely no drama and 100% comradery. This is clearly the most unified team meli we have seen in years. I hope the boys make it truly historic and win it all.

Comment

The issue here should not be who holds what record. The issue is that Daie (former captain) is showing his moral support for the entire team. In some countries like Argentina, their top former legend may not have wanted their country to win the World Cup, because that would have diminished his own record. Daie's message makes it clear we do not that such a problem with Iran's national soccer team. (Having said that, Iran at best finished a third place in this tournament under Daie's tenure. Could Nekounam surpass that benchmark?)
                      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

My respect for Ali Daei rose even greater. Above all selfish interest, he puts his nation at the top. That's the nationalist spirit that kept Iraq away for eight years and has helped us rise in every sport we attempt to play.

Yashashin Ali Daei

Comment

Daei shire but that was never in doubt
                          pls save us dejagah

Comment

A little humility goes a long way!
                            I just wish Daei had known about humility since 2002.
                            If you are a top player with top level achievemts, you don't need to beat your own drums and advocate for yourself, unless you think people are cluless!

I guess "Mahi ro har vaght az ab begiri tazast!" (whenever you catch a fish it's fresh! meaning sooner better than later)
                            So, I welcome his sentiment!

Comment

Even though Ali Daie played 3 too many years in the TM than he should have

This letter to Nekounam and the entire TM sowed me his true love and unselfishness for Iran

I am sorry but Karimi just ruined his reputation for me and thousands of other fans

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                                I'm not a big fan of Daei's personality and the hypocrisy he often displays in his actions. However, I will give him credit where it's due: he's always been supportive of the national team, the players, and the coach. In occasions like the World Cup and the Asian Cup, he makes an effort to rally people behind the team rather than pull them down (i.e. Ghalenoei).

As for Nekounam, he will officially be the record holder if he plays 5 more matches. This means Iran will have to get to the Semi-Finals. If Nekounam does plan on retiring (which I reckon he will), I'm sure the Sweden match will be a 'goodbye' of sorts for him and potentially some others. I hope the members who are attending that match have a great time.
                                He said he has no plans to, ill try to find the link to the footballitarin article for you

Comment

Working...
                                X