Clear All

FIFA Rankings January 2015

1.Iran

2.Japan

3.Korea Republic

4.Uzbekistan

5.United Arab Emirates

Source: AFC Asian Cup Facebook.

Australia is at 100th place? This doesn't make sense.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
      Australia is at 100th place? This doesn't make sense.
      it does actually, when you lose games to bad opposition you tend to drop down the rankings

Comment

Dont like it Persian ppl are already over confident, thats why Carlos keeps on saying we are underdogs
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Wishful thinking but if iran go on to win the championship going 6-0 we would probably go into february ranked in the early 20's

Comment

Australia should be in the top 5 in AFC. FIFA rankings are useless.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
              Wishful thinking but if iran go on to win the championship going 6-0 we would probably go into february ranked in the early 20's
              I know we can't look too much into these rankings but man I miss being ranked that high! I remember in 2005 when we were 15th (after the WC in 2006 we dropped to 30 or something and I thought that was low lol)
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                Australia should be in the top 5 in AFC. FIFA rankings are useless.
                Baba, look at their results. Stop jumping on the "FIFA rankings are useless" bandwagon every time. They don't make sense if we want to knit pick exact scores and placements, but overall they make sense. Australia has been losing a lot of winnable games over the past couple of months.

Comment

So long no Asian team reaches the last 3 of a World Cup, the continent will continue to be a footballing joke.
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                    So long no Asian team reaches the last 3 of a World Cup, the continent will continue to be a footballing joke.
                    damn in 2002 Korea was soo close and reached 4th place....
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

FIFA Rankings January 2015

^^^ just because SK reached top 4, you had to say top 3. You just want to make Asia look like a joke. IMHO, Asia is the third best footballing continent after the big boys Europe and South America.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        ^^^ just because SK reached top 4, you had to say top 3. You just want to make Asia look like a joke. IMHO, Asia is the third best footballing continent after the big boys Europe and South America.
                        I wish you were right, but African continent is by far still stronger. Ivory Coast outmuscled Japan (supposedly the best team in Asia) last World Cup. Ghana smashed South Korea 4-0 right before the World Cup also.

..and we lost 2-1 to Guinea.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          I wish you were right, but African continent is by far still stronger. Ivory Coast outmuscled Japan (supposedly the best team in Asia) last World Cup. Ghana smashed South Korea 4-0 right before the World Cup also.
                          ..and we lost 2-1 to Guinea.
                          Asia was much better than Africa in 2010. I mean Asia was the third best confederation in average points. In 2010 Asia was better. In 2014 Africa was better. I think both continents are almost equal.

Comment

2002 WC is not a valid example. The amount of favoritism extended towards SK in that tournament was unprecedented. The referees let SK get away with anything. Their match against Spain and Italy was just ridiculous.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                              damn in 2002 Korea was soo close and reached 4th place....
                              pshh i remember SK in the 2002 WC. By far the biggest cheating nation in ASIA!!

Comment

Working...
                              X