South Korea vs. Oman [AFC Asian Cup 2015] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    son humming must be the most over-rated player of this tournament..!!if i hear the announcers singing his bs praises one more time ill probably throw up
    fk that header went in.. ?lucky ass koreans..
    agreed with you. his Kicker's average ratings have been below average this season.

Comment

Korea sucks. Tough luck for Oman, but they sucked on offense, Korea jus hold on to possession and doesnt do much with it.

Comment

DOES EVERYONE NOW SEE WHAT I WAS SAYING NOT TO DISCOUNT IRAN AGAINST "TOP" ASIAN TEAMS?

We did NOT beat Korea by luck. F*ckers can't score to save their life and they fall apart defensively. We earned those wins against them and we should be proud and hope to face them again in the semis. We will likely go to the finals if we play them. Their golden generation died with Park Ji Sung.

Comment

Originally posted by greatpersian View Post
          agreed with you. his Kicker's average ratings have been below average this season.
          havent really seen him play in bundesliga yet but the few times theve played us and in this Oman game i havent seen anything too special from this guy..!! if he were iranian playing like him, good luck getting even a mild interest from b grade eruro teams..!!

Comment

Korea got lucky considering they played well but didn't finish their chances/make the correct pass just like they've have been for a few years. Their defence not so great either as Oman could have punished them on a better offensive day. They almost did in the end though...

Korea looks more beatable than they did 4 years ago. They could struggle getting to semis if they get 2nd in the group which is highly likely IMO.

Comment

Come on, it's their first game. Title contenders tend to play crap in group stage and then they improve their game in the knockout stage. Having said that, this Korean team is nowhere near the quality of their previous generations. We should beat them as usual.

Comment

this korean team is definitely beatable. oman had some chances near the end

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if SK finishes with 4 points....can't see them making it to the semi's playing like that.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Watched this game with some Korean friends who came over for 2nd half. They said teams do improve over time but this has been a repetitive trend in Korean football and luck would have to play a big part in KO stages because their keeper won't be able to save this newly formed and fragile defence especially when their forwards/midfielders are playing good football but not making the right decision when it comes to the right pass/shot.

PS: My Korean friends are incredibly unbiased but usually quite optimistic about Korea's chances but not today. They said they may get far and beat teams in AC 2015 but there is high possibly they will be outplayed and beaten by Iran, Japan, or Australia with this shaky defence.

Comment

Korea = soorakh
                      Oman = soorakhtar
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Korea and Australia now definitely will advance, i see no chance for Kuwait and Oman anymore. If one of them wanted to advance, they had to collect points from their opening match. I rate Korea strong, but Oman could nearly draw, but it would not been deserved i think.

I rate Korea strong in total.
                        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                        -

Comment

SK didn't play as well as expected of them but I'd rather see them struggle a little bit in the group stages and improve over the course of the tournament than play brilliantly in the group stages, draw too much attention from other teams and suffocate in the knock out stage. It will be interesting to see how they will improve their game and how far they will reach in this AC. I think it is too early to draw any meaningful conclusions about them and count them out because first game is always tough for any team. Football is relative and it's always difficult to play against heavily defensive team with counterattacks in mind. Maybe Oman is underrated, I don't know. Argentina couldn't score a single goal for 90 min against Iran in WC not because they sucked but because Iran played good defensive game. This Oman team demolished Kuwait 5-0 in recent Gulf Cup, but again it is not an objective measure of how good these teams are since, like I said, football is relative.

Comment

Oman was nothing special. Korea sucked. They have a better possession but struggle to create scoring chances.

Comment

Highlights

first half

second half

Comment

Originally posted by greatpersian View Post
                                Highlights

first half
                                @4:11

clear penalty ignored. lucky koreans.

Comment

Working...