This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
    Okay one question, was i the only one who thought China played good?
    nope. same here.
    Good in terms of Asian level of course.
    Most members here compare the games with games they watch from Bundesliga, Premiere League and La Liga.

This is Asian Cup still, the lowest of all tournaments compared to Concacaf, Conmebol etc.
    IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Group B will indeed be interesting. It will be the Saudis and Uzbaks fighting for the second spot i think. If china keeps on building on their self confidence they will win the group.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
        His family name implies that he is from Quchan, which does have a considerable amount of kurds in it. He was just born in Mashhad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quchan

I'm not even kurdish and I know all this, come on. also, again, your response to him was very rude.
        Baba dadash bi-khiyal... jadar jadeh manam shayad az Ahmadabad saro kale dar biyaran, che rabti dare be man va nane o babam ke hame az Tehranim? So Gucci is mashhadi, period.

Comment

You guys need to realize that we are all Iranians. Kurds belong to the bigger iranian family. It is ridiculous to argue about it.
          IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejagah#21 View Post
            Baba dadash bi-khiyal... jadar jadeh manam shayad az Ahmadabad saro kale dar biyaran, che rabti dare be man va nane o babam ke hame az Tehranim? So Gucci is mashhadi, period.
            no argue there

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
              You guys need to realize that we are all Iranians. Kurds belong to the bigger iranian family. It is ridiculous to argue about it.
              They are all called Iranians, not kurds, turks, lors etc. Thats separatist talk.

Comment

Saudi Arabia vs. China [AFC Asian Cup 2015] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

nope. same here.
                Good in terms of Asian level of course.
                Most members here compare the games with games they watch from Bundesliga, Premiere League and La Liga.

This is Asian Cup still, the lowest of all tournaments compared to Concacaf, Conmebol etc.
                No one is comparing asia to bundesliga etc. but the level at this Asian cup has been lower than the previous ones, the teams are all so slow, no proper passing etc.

Watch the korea game today, compare it to a korea game from the 2011 asian cup, 2010 wcq etc. watch this saudi team compare it to the team that beat us in 2010, compare this australia to the australia of 2011, im comparing the teams to their previous years.. Most teams in Asia have gotten weaker, Iran is one of the only teams which i can confidently say has improved drastically since 2011
                Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                Villa + Messi =

Comment

They are all called Iranians, not kurds, turks, lors etc. Thats separatist talk.
                  no mate that's wrong.

Let me explain it this way:
                  we have a lot of ethnicities: Kurds, Lords, Bakhtyaris, Mazandari, Azari, Persians, Balutsch, Torkaman even Arabs. And all belong to the Iranian Family.
                  If you walk around and call yourself "peeersheeaaan" you misunderstood your own heritage and origin.
                  Imagine it as a big, strong, versatile House. A house with a lot of rooms (ethnics). The more rooms, the bigger and stronger the house.
                  It's our diversity which makes us Iranians. Proud Iranians.
                  I couldn't care less for Andi being armani or Gucci being kord. Both are Iranian and consider themselves als Iranians.
                  To quote Iron Sheikh: Iran number 1, i love You.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
                    No one is comparing asia to bundesliga etc. but the level at this Asian cup has been lower than the previous ones, the teams are all so slow, no proper passing etc.

Watch the korea game today, compare it to a korea game from the 2011 asian cup, 2010 wcq etc. watch this saudi team compare it to the team that beat us in 2010, compare this australia to the australia of 2011, im comparing the teams to their previous years.. Most teams in Asia have gotten weaker, Iran is one of the only teams which i can confidently say has improved drastically since 2011
                    I fully agree with you dadash. Watched them all till now. Only Australia performed good till now. And China slightly above average.

Comment

no mate that's wrong.
                      Let me explain it this way:
                      we have a lot of ethnicities: Kurds, Lords, Bakhtyaris, Mazandari, Azari, Persians, Balutsch, Torkaman even Arabs. And all belong to the Iranian Family.
                      If you walk around and call yourself "peeersheeaaan" you misunderstood your own heritage and origin.
                      Imagine it as a big, strong, versatile House. A house with a lot of rooms (ethnics). The more rooms, the bigger and stronger the house.
                      It's our diversity which makes us Iranians. Proud Iranians.
                      I couldn't care less for Andi being armani or Gucci being kord. Both are Iranian and consider themselves als Iranians.
                      To quote Iron Sheikh: Iran number 1, i love You.
                      Dadash I never said diverse ethnicities don't exist in Iran, and I never said peeeeeersheeean either, but you have to understand that Persia was the name of Iran right until Reza shah changed it. Persia was until then and still is a collective name for ALL Iranian ethnicities, period. What you are saying, spreading the names of different ethnicities around and denouncing the mighty historic and respected name of Persia, is playing in the hands of the separatists and minimizing our great civilization, don't you know that?

IRAN, IRANIANS, PERSIANS & PERSIA! That's it, we don't need to hear or know any more ethnicity names regarding our land!

Comment

Dadash I never said diverse ethnicities don't exist in Iran, and I never said peeeeeersheeean either, but you have to understand that Persia was the name of Iran right until Reza shah changed it. Persia was until then and still is a collective name for ALL Iranian ethnicities, period. What you are saying, spreading the names of different ethnicities around and denouncing the mighty historic and respected name of Persia, is playing in the hands of the separatists and minimizing our great civilization, don't you know that?
                        IRAN, IRANIANS, PERSIANS & PERSIA! That's it, we don't need to hear or know any more ethnicity names regarding our land!
                        lol aziz read up on some history before writing crap as this. I am a history major and what you just wrote is incorrect. Now can we leave this discussion out of this thread that is about football

Comment

^lol, a PERSIAN history lesson from you

"Replacement of Persia with Iran
                          In 1935, the Iranian ruler issued a letter to the League of Nations insisting the name Iran (the historical name of the nation dating back thousands of years) be used instead of Persia (Pars), which is the name of one of Iran's significant cultural provinces and the national language (Parsi / Farsi). Although (internally) the country had been referred to as Iran throughout much of its history, many countries including the English-speaking world knew the country as Persia, a legacy of the Greeks who referred to the entire region after the province of Pars (present-day Fārs).[42] While Persians are only one of several Indo-Iranian ethnic groups in Iran, their home province Pars (Fārs) was a center of political power in ancient times under the Achaemenid Empire and Sassanid Empire as well as other Iranian dynasties, hence the somewhat misleading usage of the name Persia (in other countries) up to 1935 when referring to Iran as a whole."

Achaemenid Empire and Sassanid Empire are one of the most admirable and powerful periods of Irans history, that's why the name PERSIA has still today an epic and proud sound to it, irrelevant of the name Iran.

For me there is no difference in IRAN, IRANIANS, PERSIANS & PERSIA, but I guess it is for you because you have a confused by the separatist propaganda!

Comment

^lol, a PERSIAN history lesson from you
                            "Replacement of Persia with Iran
                            In 1935, the Iranian ruler issued a letter to the League of Nations insisting the name Iran (the historical name of the nation dating back thousands of years) be used instead of Persia (Pars), which is the name of one of Iran's significant cultural provinces and the national language (Parsi / Farsi). Although (internally) the country had been referred to as Iran throughout much of its history, many countries including the English-speaking world knew the country as Persia, a legacy of the Greeks who referred to the entire region after the province of Pars (present-day Fārs).[42] While Persians are only one of several Indo-Iranian ethnic groups in Iran, their home province Pars (Fārs) was a center of political power in ancient times under the Achaemenid Empire and Sassanid Empire as well as other Iranian dynasties, hence the somewhat misleading usage of the name Persia (in other countries) up to 1935 when referring to Iran as a whole."
                            Achaemenid Empire and Sassanid Empire are one of the most admirable and powerful periods of Irans history, that's why the name PERSIA has still today an epic and proud sound to it, irrelevant of the name Iran.
                            You are just proving my point now BACK TO FOOTBALL

Comment

^I'm jut posting wikis text to show why it was changed, I don't agree with the term "misleading usage of the name Persia".
                              Now back to football

Comment

Thread closed. You can continue this discussion in the general discussions forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X