Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few interesting Asian Cup statistics

http://www.transfermarkt.de/afc-asia...ettbewerb/AM15

The average age of the Iranian squad is not 27.4. It's something closer to 26.4.

Comment

Really? As far as i see they have listed all the ages of our players right...

Comment

Originally posted by iiiiiiiran View Post
        Really? As far as i see they have listed all the ages of our players right...
        Yep. Just ran the calculation - the average age is 26.48 to be precise.

Comment

^probably Hashem getting replaced with a younger Khanzadeh had/will have an effect too..??

Comment

Good point that should be the reason as Hashem is 8 or 9 yrs older.

Comment

Now Beikzadeh is injuried and with Khanzadeh our squad will be a little younger.
              sigpic

Comment

Players wise Japan is the team to beat. Judging by their team page on wikipedia, there are even players who play regularly in good European leagues but didn't get call ups.

Comment

Here's a couple of fun facts for those who fancy Australia's chances winning this tournament:

1 - No host has won the tournament since 1992!
                  2 - Other than Japan, no team from outside the ME has won the tournament since 1960!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                    Here's a couple of fun facts for those who fancy Australia's chances winning this tournament:

1 - No host has won the tournament since 1992!
                    2 - Other than Japan, no team from outside the ME has won the tournament since 1960!
                    Besides the big 3 (Japan, Australia and Korea), East Asia is really weak. No Southeast Asian teams in the AC again. Palestine qualified for the Cup after beating Philippines, one of the strongest teams in SE Asia.

Comment

Working...
                    X