Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Asian Cup 2015 Match Day 2]: 15/01/2015: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the team looks slow. Need to inject some speed into the lineup.

Need a better game from Hajsafi. The Ghafouri-Dejagah combination is also not clicking. Somehow Dejagah is not getting free. Shojaei needs to release the ball quicker.

Look for CQ to bring in Jahanbakhsh for some much needed speed. Either Hajsafi or Shojaei will be subbed out sometime in the 2nd half
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

What happened to the grass rollers? Already out after just 2 games? More global humiliation!!!
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Ando should out for ebrahimi. Soroush Rafiei can help too

Comment

horrible game so far. Pooladi is having a terrible game and in general all our players are way to slow compared to the Qataris. Shojaei...well what should i say. watch yourself. in such games i miss someone like khalatbari....bring in Jahanbakhsh for shojaei and Gucci for hajsafi. we desperately need two strikers

Comment

Iran took more risk against Argentina than this.

Comment

Horrible first half. No passing, just crosses. Only thing good has been cutting out passes. We need to get in their faces when defending!

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                the team looks slow. Need to inject some speed into the lineup.

Need a better game from Hajsafi. The Ghafouri-Dejagah combination is also not clicking. Somehow Dejagah is not getting free. Shojaei needs to release the ball quicker.

Look for CQ to bring in Jahanbakhsh for some much needed speed. Either Hajsafi or Shojaei will be subbed out sometime in the 2nd half
                i think hajsayi, shojayi can dribble he can be helpful but hajsayi has been poor in this game and jahanbaksh has speed which we need

Comment

Definitely not a good half from TM, specially tactically. We started the game well, but sitting way too deep in our own half and not pressing at all. TM is definitely missing the zest and intensity from the 1st game.

Ghafouri, not making those overlapping runs on the right flank, Ehsan has been invisible and when he gets the ball he hasn't had any support at all.

And what's with Azmoun sitting so far back and not pressuring their defense at all?! If I didn't know any better, I would have thought he's a defensive midfielder.

The commentators have nailed it... we needed to put pressure on Burhan at the beginning of the game. We're just not doing anything noteworthy at the moment, but still 45 minutes to salvage something from this game.

Comment

you lot got a reality check thinking this game is easy.. we haven't got going at all, lack of pace and energy. It seems we are content with them attacking, and slowing the game down. No sense of urgency..

We've created few chances,hopefully we will create more and take one

we can still win this game, no doubt, but needs an improvement
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Pouraliganji looked extremely shaky in that half. He got beat very easily by muntari in the box and on another occasion almost commuted a stupid turnover because he held on to the ball far too long. Also giving the Qatari's way too much space on and off the ball.....He needs to wake up!

If it wasn't for ando and ghafouri we might be down a goal or two right now.

Masoud doing a fine job as well, he needs to be a bit more explosive though. His stupid shots are the only thing bothering me right now but he's finding the right passes very quickly and finding space just like the old masoud was capeable of.

Look for alireza and reza to come on pretty soon.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comment

1st Half:

Can sum up the first half in one sentance: Overall shaky performance on defense, slow transition into attack with obvious plays.

Players:
                          - Haghighi had a collision with ghafouri, hasn't been tested, had poor goal kicks in the beggining.
                          - Pouladi is being out dribbled by his man
                          - Ghafouri has been out of position a few times.
                          - Hosseini has been solid on defense
                          - Pouraliganji had a ridiculous header, got hit in the face a few times, but not too solid this game either
                          - Nekounam is playing well, seeing a lot more from him this game than last game
                          - Teymourain has been solid, had a poor cross, but other htan that non stop hustle he seems to be the only awake player on the field Ando is back! He has saved us
                          - Dejagah had a good pass to masoud, nice shot, seems like our only hope is from the right side from him, and he always has 2 people on him
                          - Masoud is having some good passes and dribbles but he is too slow both in movement and decision making. He keeps freezing before he decides what to do, and he even loses the ball while dribbling because of his speed.
                          - Hajsafi is play okay, hoping he gets the chance to shoot from distance because that can really open things up
                          - Azmoun is had some good headers, I understand why he started we have been going for crosses

Changes I would suggest:
                          - I am not picking on masoud, but we need speed this game, JB needs to come in for him, and switch spots with Dejagah. Dejagah can have mroe room to shoot, and that way our right wing will be extremely fast. JB needs to come in right after half, not with 10 minutes left..
                          - Azmoun should be subbed for reza 65th minute or so, we need more speed this game crosses aren't working
                          - Bring in Ansarifard 80th minute for Dejagah for a last minute speed burst we have to win this game and Ashkan will probalby be gassed
                          - I have a feeling that this will be very different second half CQ will make the right changes. We just need to be a bit more careful on defense, luckily ando and nekounam have saved us. Hoping we go for some long range shots, and just form a damn triangle, a few short passes and we will break through their defense.
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Half time possession stats:
                            Qatar 52% - 48% Iran

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

by the looks of it, in the knock out amir hosein will be back i think

Comment

We've done well to completely neutralise any attacking threat whatsoever from them. Muntari looks like he has a ridiculous pace advantage to our back 6 so it's probably smart to play this deep. Just need to improve in possession, Sardar not really clicking with the three in support, that's not his fault, this is where lack of friendlies comes into play but regardless, I don't think we can rely on him over Reza.

Comment

Working...
                                X