Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Asian Cup 2015 Match Day 2]: 15/01/2015: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    You guys overreact hardcore. We had almost twenty shots on goal, we did not struggle to make chances, we struggled in making the right choices in the box. We missed at least 2 or 3 easy goals. Hajsafi and some others held the ball too long. Ando saved us many times.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    i say the same thing, we just did not take our chances, also the iranian tv said azmoun might have a light injury, tm the doctors will check throughly,i dont think is a serious injury,worse come to worse gucci will start the next game

Comment

I thought we played a good game but were unfortunate at times. We were not as sharp as last game and we definitely should have scored more on the counter attack after leading to give qatar the dagger.
      I think this could have happened if CQ put in Jahanbaksh instead of heydari but I guess heydari is better defensively and has enough pace to beat tired defenders.
      Like Keonkish said, you guys way overreact. I also was really frustrated at times like CQ but what can you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        possession 60% Qatar - 40% Iran
        Shots on goal was 7-1 in Iran's favor. Shots 17-10 in Iran's favor.

Possession doesn't mean much.

My only complaint is the quality of finishing in the 18 yard box. Good teams can get the 3 pts even when they don't play well.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
          yeah, but against freaking bahrain and qatar (who UAE beat 4-1). the game today was only won on momentary singular brilliance of azmoun. if we had SK or china or someone else in our group we'd be in big doodoo
          And uae barely beat Bahrain. Did you watch the game? It doesn't mean much. I'm also quite sure afro won't have all his time and space. Both Bahrain and Qatar made the stupid mistake of not assigning a man to him. Also I'm not sure what planet you live on but SK is doing much worse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by marand92 View Post
            btw we have NO counter attack tactics at all - just awful bus parking, and then dejagah/gucci lose the ball by dribbling into nowhere. the only 2 games in 4 years during CQs reign that we saw a real counter atacking tactics was arghantin and iraq game a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

This game is a blessing in disguise. This means we havent peaked yet and have room for improvement. Dejagah and Gucci seemed selfish on the ball today as Ghafouri/Heydari both made runs to spread the play but were not passed to. Qatar knew our right side was where all of our attacks came from. We need to play Dejagah and Jahanbaksh at the same time to spread their defense out. These games are excellent practice for our defemse against physical and fast strikers. Jaycee John , Muntari are the biggest in Asia.

Also congratulations on knocking out Qatar. One step closer to stripping them of their WC

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
                Shots on goal was 7-1 in Iran's favor. Shots 17-10 in Iran's favor.

Possession doesn't mean much.

My only complaint is the quality of finishing in the 18 yard box. Good teams can get the 3 pts even when they don't play well.
                with thoese stats it means we had to score 3-4 goals, we should have at least scored 2-3 goals

Comment

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...Asian-Cup-2015

Post match

Comment

HOLY FK IF IF IF THIS WAS CHINA OR KOREA!!! STFU THIS WAS QATAR VS. IRAN.
                    We played to win and we got the win. Yes we are somewhat rusty. And no it wasn't just sardar who contributed to our win. EVERYONE ON THE TEAM DID.
                    Just for once enjoy the win.
                    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

My take on the game:

- The game wasn't pretty. Our defense at times looked shaky, most of the time our counter attacks were slow, and many times when they were quick our players made a poor decision. The first half we played a crossing game, it turned very predictable, the second half after the great goal by Azmoun we went into counterattacking mode.

Players:

GK + Defense:
                      - Haghighi : Was confident, got injured a lot, and he needs to work on his goal kicks, had a couple of shaky moments overall not too tested
                      - Ghafouri : In the first half he was out of position a few times, maybe it was because he was pushing up too much, second half he played more defensively. He is a very fast player and has great stamina.
                      - Pouladi : was dribbled by his man a lot in first half, didn't notice him too much in the second so cant comment
                      - Hosseini : you guys, please pay attention to him. This guy deserves the spot light and does not get enough credit. Litteraly flawless performance! He saved our defense
                      - Pouraliganji : It seems he is our target man going up from in corners, maybe thats why he got the start over Sadeghi. Had a few shaky moments though
                      - Sadeghi : Didn't notice him was only on for a few minutes

DM
                      - Nekounam: Had a great game today, pissed at his freekick, litteraly the exact same miss as last game, should have let Ashkan take it IMO. But played his position well today, good passes, good defensive play.
                      - Teymourian : MVP of the match, and well deserved. He was awake and fired up from the beginining and his tackle led to the goal, Ando is back!

AM
                      - Dejagah : Its obvious he is the target man for the counters. He has good ball control and pace, had a nice shot today, got the assist. But made some poor decisions on the counter a few times
                      - Masoud : Had nice dribbles today, seems like his goal gave him a bit of confidence back. He is a lot better at CAM than winger, had some nice passes. But he is too slow, both in movement and decision making, when he leads the counter it almost always dies
                      - Hajsafi : Not too impressed by him today. Had a nice through ball to Reza, and he was lively in the first half, but he kind of was invisible afte that. Compare to how much work Ashkan did on RM, our LM was not active enough.
                      - Heydari: Had a nice dribble, he was a good sub for Masoud. I dont know what others saw but he seemed quick to me. I wasn't thrilled he came on instead of azmoun but he is better defensively and he played well

Strikers
                      - Azmoun : Great goal, that injury looked tough hoping its minor and he can continue
                      - Reza: Worst TM performance from him so far. I can't tell if he was fired up to get a goal for the team or for him self. He was way too greedy. At least if you;re going to be greedy have a strong enough shot to back it up. Weak shots, bad decisions, he wanted a goal to his name. Maybe he didn't expect to be on the bench. He was well off the ball though, and quick.

Conclusion:

- Congrats on the win, everyone worked hard. It was not a solid game but second clean sheet. At least there is a lot to take away from the game. If Azmoun truly is under scout attention that goal should seal it! Ando was MVP as he should have been he controlled the game. Expected more from Reza and Hajsafi. We need to focus on quick short passes on the ground for our counters, we are litteraly giving the ball to ashkan and just hoping he does something alone with it. We would have conceeded goals had it not been for Hosseini, Ando and Nekounam this game. That ball would not lift off hte ground wether it was our goal kicks or our shots. i think the game vs UAE will be a joyful one to watch, and it will be different than this game. Well done boys everyone worked hard
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Does any body has a scientific Rxplenation Why Qatar and Bahrain suck when they play UAE but play so clever against us?

Comment

i wanna see for most part the same starters as in Iraq game vs UAE in next game..!!
                          just add Hossaini , Ando and a start for Jahanbakhsh..!!

Comment

i agree today gucci was poor but he had chance to score, i am sure he will score, hope azmoun is not injured badly as well,i think is a minor injury

Comment

[Asian Cup 2015 Match Day 2]: 15/01/2015: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

To be honest I didn't like some of haghighi's time wasting antics. If it was the opposition, we would scream 'grass rolling ARABS'.

We are such hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                                Does any body has a scientific Rxplenation Why Qatar and Bahrain suck when they play UAE but play so clever against us?
                                We should wait and see. UAE seems to have a much better organization in their team. Their #10 (Omar A.) is the best player I have so far seen in this tournament. A fantastic player maker.... something we are missing in TM.
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X