Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Asian Cup 2015 Match Day 2]: 15/01/2015: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GK
    -Haghighi didn't have much to do until later on and he handled the late pressure well minus his lawn-mower tactics. Wasn't nice to see but I'm not one of those people who yell about grass rolling. I laugh at it but I understand it in the modern game.

DEF
    - Pouraliganji was exceptional again barring one mistake in the first half which lead to a collision with Haghighi. He made a few unbelievable jumps, the guy could play basketball if he was taller. Really one to look out for in the future. AND IT'S ONLY HIS 2nd CAP FOR TM. SENSATIONAL
    - Hosseini was also solid as a rock at CB, he kept everything tidy.
    - Ghafouri was pinned down like an insect by the Qatari LB who was their only good player. Unlike Pooladi who is good at attacking and defending, Ghafouri is a bit worry when he's not going forward. Still like him a lot though.

MID
    - Teymorian MOTM easily, he was a beautiful to watch in CM covering every blade of grass, winning tackles deep in both halves and his passes were mostly great.

- Nekou was the calm distributor of the ball, he kept everyone ticking and organized (until the end when he was p much an anchor man).

- I'm no Shojaei fanboy, except for his finishing, he was actually pretty good. He won challenges, made good passes - if a bit too slowly - and drew in fouls. It was one of his better performances. I wasn't one of those people who loved him against Bahrain, I thought his goal was the positive exception to his poor performance, but this game was actually rather encouraging from him.

- Dejagah was brilliant, he ran himself ragged out there and did every thing he could to keep the ball and draw in fouls. He was always dangerous going forward and deserved his assist

- Hajsafi was poor in the first half going forward, I was really surprised by him. Lost the ball a few times, wayward passes, he looked a bit shell-shocked. As the game grew on in the second half he showed himself a bit but then he had to pull back and help with the DEF. I think the people who were crying about Jahanbacksh not being subbed on would've seen him come on for Hajsafi had Azmoun not gotten the cramp.

FWD
    - Azmoun's touch and finish were class, that was beautiful to watch. The cross from Dejagah and the ball that was recovered by Ando were important parts of that goal but that touch was magic. The guy really does have talent to him. He looked dangerous in the air and put a lot of pressure on the Qatari defense. A very positive showing from him

SUBS
    - Barring his finishing, which was never really bad just hasty, I thought Gucci was very good. He won the ball up front, did everything he could to hold it up or run past the defenders. I saw Quieroz lose his mind with that last scuffed shot and I'm sure he'll be chewed out. I think he feels a bit unsure of his finishing ability since he hasn't score from TM since Bosnia bu nonetheless I was happy with him

- Heydari had some decent link up play on the right when he came on but he and Sadeghi were mostly there to be legs to run and bodies in the box. Not much to say really.
    pls save us dejagah

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      To be honest I didn't like some of haghighi's time wasting antics. If it was the opposition, we would scream 'grass rolling ARABS'.

We are such hypocrites.
      Well to be honest, only the first time, it looked like time wasting.
      The second time, an Iranian player stood on his foot. Still, he tried to get the ball, but that doesn't show he didn't have pain. It showed he goes through pain for the team.
      The third time he was hit against the head, accidentally. Still such an impact against the head can be painful, so that too was something I wouldn't call time wasting.

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
        Shots on goal was 7-1 in Iran's favor. Shots 17-10 in Iran's favor.

Possession doesn't mean much.

My only complaint is the quality of finishing in the 18 yard box. Good teams can get the 3 pts even when they don't play well.
        I know I wasn't saying it as to mean anything just a interesting stat, means we were in counterattacking mode in the second half
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
          To be honest I didn't like some of haghighi's time wasting antics. If it was the opposition, we would scream 'grass rolling ARABS'.

We are such hypocrites.
          I agree with your sentiment and feel the same way in general, but to be honest the Qatari forwards started fouling on him, so they caused him injury and pain.
          Now if he dived for a ball then grabbed his side and fell to ground, then that's their level!

Comment

Originally posted by Global View Post
            CONGRATULATION
            And condolences to you for your team's elimination.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Ali was right, goodbye party-e Qatar-e

Comment

Before the games started I said please do not worry about lack of friendlies. These three games will serve as preparation for next matches and obviously they are and the next match will be as well.
                Korea had it easy and so did Uzb. but Uzb coach failed. CQ was right. This was the hardest group in terms of overall required effort to qualify.

Comment

My next hope is to see Choi's remnant team to get eliminated. He can sit and watch what CQ does on sidelines.

Comment

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...Asian-Cup-2015

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Congratulations for reaching the quarter-final!!
                      Well done.

Comment

yes, at the end of the game, he was there with the crowd taking pictures with their iphones
                        “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X