No announcement yet.

Is this the best Asian Cup ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am shocked to see the stadium so empty. For iran game e.g., lateral side are filled but behind the goal and the top of the stadium is very empty.

Comment

23 k there, like 23 times more than in all other matches, except Australia .

Comment

Expect much less in Brisbane for game vs UAE. I predict max 12k

Comment

Not really relevant but equally doesn't deserve its own thread. Who is the likeliest to get to host 2019?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_AFC_Asian_Cup_bids

I would usually consult the bookmakers' odds for these things but obviously no real market for this.

Comment

again , no draws in the competition..
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Originally posted by HuSsAiN View Post
              again , no draws in the competition..
              Tbh, I think this Asian Cup will be better than the African cup of nations going on now.

Comment

World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                -

Comment

no need to change it.. I like the asian cup as it is, you don't feel the 'rivalry' or the passion when you play an African team
                  I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

I like the way you chose to organize your "afro-asian games" with 4 teams from each continent so that we have a chance :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      Not really relevant but equally doesn't deserve its own thread. Who is the likeliest to get to host 2019?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_AFC_Asian_Cup_bids

I would usually consult the bookmakers' odds for these things but obviously no real market for this.
                      Probably UAE.

Comment

Ah shame, would have been a nice excuse to go Thailand.

Comment

My idea with Afro-Asian Cup is that the 4 best teams of asia and africa, in total 8, play in this "small confederations Cup" to develop both continents football.

for example, imagine:

January Asian Cup 2015 Australia - the final four (for example, Iran, Korea, Australia, Japan)
                          January/February African Nations Cup 2015 Equatorial Guinea - the final four teams, for example (Algeria, Ivory coast, cameroon, Gabon)

K.O.System (only)

QF:
                          1) Asian Cup Winner - 4th African Nations Cup
                          2) Asian Cup 2nd - 3rd African Nations Cup
                          3) Asian Cup 3rd - 2nd African Nations Cup
                          4) Asian Cup 4h - African Nations Cup Winner

Semifinal
                          1)Winner QF 1 - Winner QF 2 and 5)Loser QF 1 - Loser QF 2
                          2)Winner QF 2 - Winner QF 4 and 6)Loser QF 3 - Loser QF 4

Final Rounds
                          Final Match: Winner SF 1 - Winner SF 2
                          3rd Place: Loser SF 1 - Loser SF 2
                          5th Place: Winner 5) - Winner 6)
                          7th Place: Loser 5) - Loser 6)

This Cup can be played every summer if both Asian and African Nat. Cup are in winter. Host continent will rotate every edition, so one time Asia, next time africa and host nation will always be one of the participating countries (1 of the 4)...
                          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

Working...
                          X