• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If WE WIN our group - We get IRAQ in Qtrs, then AUSTRALIA in Semis

I just checked the tables
    Assuming we WIN our group

We play the second team in group D .
    Right now JAPAN leads the group and IRAQ are second .
    We will most likely play IRAQ (with a slim chance its JORDAN)

The Winner of that match .. will most likely play the hosts AUSTRALIA in the semis

Australia is going to win their group . They have far superior goal difference to S. Korea
    In order for the Koreans to WIN the group, they have to BEAT the Aussies ... I don't see that happening.
    Australia would then play winner of UZBEK v SAUDI match which they will BEAT ... guaranteed.

This means :
    To GET to the final (most likely vs JAPAN) the AUSSIES and IRANIANS will have to play an EPIC in 80,000 seater SYDNEY stadium
    There will be about 25,000 Iranians there . The Aussies are going to want revenge for 97

In order to WIN this competition ... we have to play near FLAWLESS football ...
    If we do that ... you will see about 5 more players heading to EUROPE ...
    Our success in this competition will make a HUGE difference for the future of our football in this decade and into the next .

The best thing is, we are very far away from IRAN . The media can not bother these players.
    They KNOW how to defend (and frustrate an opponent) . The World Cup experience only 6 months ago will be a HUGE help
    And we have a set of young players who are only going to get more confident by the time we (HOPEFULLY) face the Aussies.

GO IRAN .... We Love You.

Captain obvious

Comment

Youre taking too many things as certainties. Its not certain that iraq will come second or even iran will come first. Its not certain that australia would beat the second place group B team. And its not certain that japan would makd the final. Both group c and d have only played one game..

Comment

Damn whenever you capitalize a word to emphasize a point, it's so cute and it turns me on.

Comment

Nothing is done, and everything can happen in group stages, some of these teams you have perceived as good as advanced to the next round, may not even make it out of their group. Prior to WC 2014, who in their right mind would have guessed Spain not making it out of their group? Almost no one!

Plus I have a feeling Korea may pull some upset against the hosts and top the group. It's a little premature to come up with facts so early into the tournament!

Comment

So basicly we wan't Korea to win the group, as we have bigger chance of beating them, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
              So basicly we wan't Korea to win the group, as we have bigger chance of beating them, right?
              correct. (that is if we can top our group too )

TM is capable of beating Australia but they will do whatever it takes to get to their final since they are the hosts. Won't be surprised if Socceroos defeat Japan convincingly in the semis. However, we have seen this in most tourneys. Teams especially hosts who kill it from the start, ko stages, and so on tend to choke in the Final with all the pressure in front of thousands of fans.

Korea is so beatable for Iran atm. CQ knows how to frustrate and beat this team. Currently, the Koreans don't look too convincing...both of their wins could have easily been draws or even losses if it wasn't for luck. Anyhow I hope they beat Australia and top the group.

Comment

When are we going to stop looking 10 steps ahead? We haven't even played our second match and we're looking at who we'll be playing the Semi-Finals? While we're at it, why don't we assume that we'll be the champion and start predicting who will win Copa America, Euro 2016, and the other regional competitions whose winners will take part in the 2017 Confederations Cup.

Comment

Korea is beatable yes but our luck may run out when we face them once again. All it takes is one Korean goal and we are all lost... and i believe TM under CQ never have developed the strength to come back after a goal down... especially against stronger teams.

South Korea is weakened for sure, they are nothing compared to the team they had from 2002-2010 but they still have the quality and strength to beat TM. Even this weakened South Korea outplays us in a 90 minute gameplay.

Come on people, lets not fool ourselves. Lets first qualify for the 2nd round and beat Iraq/Japan then think of the semis.

Comment

who says that Iran will end up as group winner? you guys take this group far too easy.... we should better watch out not to play Japan in the quarter finals
                    TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Iran vs Australia final would be epic

Comment

Originally posted by persianallstars View Post
                        who says that Iran will end up as group winner? you guys take this group far too easy.... we should better watch out not to play Japan in the quarter finals
                        I truly hope our players do not have the same mentality of many fellow PFDCers. Cuz with that mentality, your ego will become your biggest enemy and somewhere down the line haunt you down. We're being just way too cocky and so early into the tourney!

Comment

Some people are automatically writing off Qatar and Iraq and all the other teams...

These teams evolve differently if they make the playoffs. There is no guarantee that Korea will beat Saudi Arabia. Have you seen them struggle against Kuwait and Oman?

There's also no guarantee that we will beat Qatar or UAE, at this point we need to focus on the game against Qatar and only and only and only that... Qatar is coming in for a win and we will be under pressure the entire game. They have nothing to lose, if they lose or draw the game they are out so they will be coming with full pressure. We need to play a rational game and keep them in their own field. I expect a defensive approach with an emphasis on set pieces, Qatar individual errors and counter attacks.

I actually believe that if we manage to top the group.... our game in the quarter finals will be much easier than the games in our group.

Comment

Originally posted by alaph View Post
                            Iran vs Australia final would be epic
                            really epic i wish we could play australia in the final, but i guess well have to live with japan.

Comment

Bezar aval hale Qatar o begirim
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X