No announcement yet.

If WE WIN our group - We get IRAQ in Qtrs, then AUSTRALIA in Semis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think even those of us that get carried away, have hope and optimism are entitled to have fun thinking about the final. Deep down I am sure they too would tell you, "of course we would take it game-by-game". So chill as far as I'm concerned.
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Talking about the possibility of playing either Iraq or Japan, I find it strange that the game between these two is refd by Foghani!!? I am confident he has no bias, but it's strange that AFC has appointed an iranian ref for this?
      sigpic
      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I don't know why some people get so cheesed about others discussing potential matchups TM could face. Yes its still early to predict opponents but no harm in people discussing possibilities

Comment

I we top the groupe we will get an easy Qtrs but the hardest semifinal.
          If we finish II in our group we meat Japan but an easier semifinal

Comment

If WE WIN our group - We get IRAQ in Qtrs, then AUSTRALIA in Semis

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
            I we top the groupe we will get an easy Qtrs but the hardest semifinal.
            If we finish II in our group we meat Japan but an easier semifinal
            Unless South Korea beats Australia and finishes first in their group. We definitely have a better chance of beating them.

Comment

And what if the runner up from group B (Saudi or Uzbekistan) beats the winner of group A (hopefully South Korea)? We're gonna meet the winner of that match!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                Unless South Korea beats Australia and finishes first in their group. We definitely have a better chance of beating them.
                I've written in other post SK or Australia may wish to avoid iran, so they could opt to lose, but this kind of strategy can may have draw backs in the next round!
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                  I've written in other post SK or Australia may wish to avoid iran, so they could opt to lose, but this kind of strategy can may have draw backs in the next round!
                  You really think they would do that to avoid Iran and face Japan instead in semis?

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                    correct. (that is if we can top our group too )

TM is capable of beating Australia but they will do whatever it takes to get to their final since they are the hosts. Won't be surprised if Socceroos defeat Japan convincingly in the semis. However, we have seen this in most tourneys. Teams especially hosts who kill it from the start, ko stages, and so on tend to choke in the Final with all the pressure in front of thousands of fans.
                    Especially Qatar in 2011

Comment

This is football, although Iraq could get a result against Japan tomorrow...

Comment

And what if Outh Korea beats Australia then what happens ?????

Comment

its now almost a sure thing

quarters:
                          S Korea vs China.
                          Australia vs Uzebcks/Saudi.

and as it looks like, if we hopfeully win the group:
                          Iran vs Iraq
                          Japan vs UAE/Bahrain.

whcih would then mean the following semis, if we also hopefully get through:
                          S Korea vs Japan and Australia vs Iran.

but, now lets focus on QATAR, we should by no means think ist an easy ride, we have to fight and play the best we can.
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NYSoccer View Post
                            You really think they would do that to avoid Iran and face Japan instead in semis?
                            Answer in the post
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Semifinal Iran with Australia would be awesome.

But of course cannot/should not underestimate any team.

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                                Answer in the post
                                I was just pointing out that maybe you didn't realize Aus or S. Korea would face Japan in the semi-final if they want to avoid Iran in the semi, but I guess I was surprisingly mistaken. You Did realize that when you wroe the post. Interesting to know why you think that since they have to play to lose their final game against fair-play principle and possibly demoralizing their squad before going into the KO stage, just to face a similar (some people may argue stronger opponent based on the fact that Japan is the defending champion and Iran has not made to the final for quite a while in AC) opponent in the semi-final. I understand If they are Not utilizing their full squad because they are already through and want to rest some of the starters because it really doesn't matter who they play in quarter of semi-final. However, going through all those trouble to play to lose just to avoid Iran is, well I think, is a little bit of a stretch, But I respect your opinion and I'm OK with it. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                X