POST-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Qatar - Asian Cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abbas7595 View Post
    Honestly, Pouraliganji is Montazeri number 2! He hardly gives the ball away. Runs with it forward instead of just kicking out and hoping for the best. My only worry is that he may be benched when Pejman comes back and I don't want to see that!
    Im pretty sure he will be starting most games as of WCQ. We have to balance youth and experience, we can't keep fielding older players even if they are better. I am not worried, Pouraliganji can become a great player in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas7595 View Post
      Honestly, Pouraliganji is Montazeri number 2! He hardly gives the ball away. Runs with it forward instead of just kicking out and hoping for the best. My only worry is that he may be benched when Pejman comes back and I don't want to see that!
      His aerial leap for the header that was saved on the line - was ridiculous.

He's got good springs on his legs.

Comment

POST-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Qatar - Asian Cup 2015

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        Now that we're talking about Qatar and bought players. You should see their national handball team playing right now... Most names ending with "ic"..
        Qatar is a big joke all around!

You just reminded me that Iran is playing their first ever handball World Cup, this needs attention and support.

They play their first match tomorrow!

Danish people can watch the match on the new sports channel Tv2sport 1 o'clock Danish time.

Sorry for posting here!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
          A lot of wasted chances! Need to put those away or we can face great regeret specially in the later stages of the tournament. Also Gucci and Dejagah both need a good pep talk on how to control their BODY LANGUAGE: When they fail to put the ball away in a 60 or 70% opportunity, and then follow up with a very frustrated posture, it psychologically dampens the rest of their teammates. These guys need to watch some of the top players in the world and learn from them, see how they regret missed chances in a way not to transmit negativity on the pitch. This is a big deal in my opinion. By the way, I did not watch the whole thing, but did Jahanbaksh get any play time? He and Ansarifard are both capable strikers which Iran needs to make use of... Gucci so far has not been impressive at all, so he should be benched for the next match.

Great point about the psychological apsect. I totally agree. They need to just shrug it off, at least outwardly.

JB did not get any playing time.

Comment

CQ will play Jahanbaksh in the next few games. If Jahanbkash played against Bahrain/Qatar there would have been a high likelihood that he would get injured by the rough play of these teams. UAE is the least physical team in the group and I expect us to win a decent majority of the aerial duels. Jahanbakhsh with fresh legs is a blessing at this stage in the tournament.

We don't lack a playmaker, we lack a a playmaker for our style. There were 3/4 times where a proper counter could have ended in a goal, but Shojaei did not have the speed to outrun the African players. It really is an obstacle to his game, but we need to keep in mind that Qatar naturalizes players based on nationality and size instead of skill.

In the third game, we have nothing to lose. I hope CQ uses it as a "preparation game" with consequences. We need to attack and should field Jahanbakhsh and Dejagah at the same time. This can help us loosen up our defensive tactics and play with some offensive flair. With two fast and skillful wingers, we can stretch the other teams defense wide and pick them off with passes or make it easier for our target strikers to find space.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
              CQ will play Jahanbaksh in the next few games. If Jahanbkash played against Bahrain/Qatar there would have been a high likelihood that he would get injured by the rough play of these teams. UAE is the least physical team in the group and I expect us to win a decent majority of the aerial duels. Jahanbakhsh with fresh legs is a blessing at this stage in the tournament.

We don't lack a playmaker, we lack a a playmaker for our style. There were 3/4 times where a proper counter could have ended in a goal, but Shojaei did not have the speed to outrun the African players. It really is an obstacle to his game, but we need to keep in mind that Qatar naturalizes players based on nationality and size instead of skill.

In the third game, we have nothing to lose
              . I hope CQ uses it as a "preparation game" with consequences. We need to attack and should field Jahanbakhsh and Dejagah at the same time. This can help us loosen up our defensive tactics and play with some offensive flair. With two fast and skillful wingers, we can stretch the other teams defense wide and pick them off with passes or make it easier for our target strikers to find space.
              Nothing to lose?? if we tie or lose the next game, it will be very worrying and Japan will eat us alive in quarter of final!

Comment

Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Enjoy one more time:

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Enjoy one more time:
                    I wish I could make this my cover picture on Facebook..

Comment

This freeze frame + the average player positions pretty much tell the story of why TM did not play well today (offensively). We were sitting way too deep in our half even when we had possession and with little pressure from Qatar.

The freeze frame is actually a play that started with Haghigni and a short throw to PAG, he moves the ball up nicely and Pouladi is perfectly positioned on this play as is Masoud, but our DM's are completely out of the play (I know some of you are not going to like to hear this). Hosseini is not even in the frame and is behind Nekou and Ando.

To make matters worse, our LAM (Ehsan) is actually running in the opposite direction and also takes himself out of the play, rather than providing a target in the middle - you can see how he was out of the play for the majority of the game from his average position as well.

The HUGE gap in the middle that Ando, Nekou, and Ehsan are supposed to be covering on this play forces Ashkan (top left of the frame and also out of the play) to gradually drop to a more central role as apparent in the average position and be tightly marked with 2 guys, essentially killing our right flank altogether.

We're basically in possession and in what could be a great build up play, but attacking with only 3 players (Masoud, Sardar and Mehrdad) who can have any sort of involvement in this attack. Needless to say Pouladi has no choice but to send a long ball to Azmoun who's offside and the attack is dead.

IMHO We can not be attacking with just 2-3 players against a relatively weak team like Qatar, with 6 players in our own half (covering two Qatari players) and one more completely out of the play!

Untitled-1.jpg

Comment

How come S.Soria and Fabio Cesar are not on Qatars squad anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                          Nobody wants to be part of losers who continue to fail till 2022 World Cup and afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
                            Their naturalization tag expired. Qatar had to buy few other packs of South American and African players. I heard after their loss vs us they ordered 455 Africans and 320 South Americans via Fedex and UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Nobody wants to be part of losers who continue to fail till 2022 World Cup and afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                                Their naturalization tag expired. Qatar had to buy few other packs of South American and African players. I heard after their loss vs us they ordered 455 Africans and 320 South Americans via Fedex and UPS.
                                that's epic shit
                                IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Working...
                                X