POST-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Qatar - Asian Cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
    Their naturalization tag expired. Qatar had to buy few other packs of South American and African players. I heard after their loss vs us they ordered 455 Africans and 320 South Americans via Fedex and UPS.
    Lmfaoo!

Comment

This is how I felt like when Iran eliminated Qatar twice a row after WCQ 2014 and now in Asian Cup 2015:

Comment

I was first thinking of voting on Azmoun but then changed my mind but accidentally pushed the vote button with Azmouns name checked. So Ando MVP for me

Comment

to all of you saying gucci was piss poor, well, he wasnt at his best, and was pissed he didnt start of course. But once he came on, he shot the ball. Yes, they were not amazing efforts, vali khob ba angize bazi kard va khodesh mikhast ye goli bezane be har sorat. good for him, he is a striker, and its fine to see a striker want to shoot and score. damesh garm. Dejagah should have played gucci on the one opportunity where he got by the gutter player and had him open...that was selfish.

Comment

IMG-20150115-WA0010.jpg

After the goal, Stadium atmosphere was great

Comment

Is there any better endorsement in the ENTIRE world than being compared to Bergkamp?? Not for me there isn't

Sardar Azmoun take a mother F*king bow!!!!!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos...tar-gif-video/

Comment

Gucci played very bad and selfish

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  Nothing to lose?? if we tie or lose the next game, it will be very worrying and Japan will eat us alive in quarter of final!
                  What I meant to say is that we need to attack. Playing a 0-0 or parking the bus against UAE doesnt help us. We need to practice attacking and this is the game to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
                    Mokhlesim. Hope you are doing well.

I think Queiroz reaction at the end of the game when the whistle was blown, explains why he did what he did (see pic posted in forum). He was nervous as everyone else and as the game was going toward the end.

Obviously, his number one priority is to qualify from the group and with two inexperienced defender and mounting pressure, he decided to send in Sadeghi to help them out with more numbers. That would kill time (to sub), bring in more experience, more power, and more aerial defending. The more defending would also create more space and opportunity for counters, if defended well and combined with transition, which is Carlos "comfort zone".

The last few minutes of the game in a do or die match like this is a chaos any how, and often teams and players get out of formation. More than right winger, Carlos wanted to finish the game safe and did it very well. With Sadeghi's entry I was comfortable that we have sealed the deal despite "hail mery" passing by Qataris.

Why we moved back so much? Not Carlos game plan. Pure players instinct. Again natural reaction in do or die games like this, particularly in Asian level, and with many bad memories in players' mind. What caused it the most though was too many missed opportunities to put the game away in second half. Again you could see that in Carlos reaction after bad decision makings as he knew how important that second goal was.

I think the overwhelming support by Iranian fans in Australia and their close encounters with players is taking a wrong turn and effecting players focus. You could see huge difference in terms of focus in many of our players, Haghighi, Pouraliganji, Gucci, Hajsafi, Dejagah, and Ghafouri all seemed effected and played less focus compared to their first game. And that was the difference between the two matches. Only Nekunam, Ando, Hosseini, Shojaei, and Sardar seemed fully focused.

I think Carlos should take away the team to a private zone away from the fans during preparations and only let them see it during the game. These bus rides and selfies and beautiful girls around does not work with focus during a tough tournament like this. I was shocked to see Carlos with all his experience let that happen. I am sure he is now aware of it after going through hell during the match and will figure it out...
                    Thanks again for your insights. I agree that some players didn't seem to be fully focused, which is worrying. This is also confirmed by the stats: in the Bahrain game, we won 58 percent of the duels, in the Qatar game only 45 percent...

Comment

Baba the fans are helping c'mon now. Support is vital, and you can't blame this on the fans

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                        Baba the fans are helping c'mon now. Support is vital, and you can't blame this on the fans
                        What did the fans do wrong?? I missed that one

Also..........Can anyone help me post the video of this link as my sig

Comment

Seeing too many posts bashing Gucci. Have you guys forgotten how good he has been for us? He has rarely had an off game. Yes, he was selfish last night but what do you expect? He keeps getting the ball in the opponent's half against 6-8 defenders with maybe Dejagah and 1 other person coming to help. Ideally both Azmoun and Gucci should be starting, as Gucci does a great job of also coming back to defend (something Azmoun doesn't do as well) and Azmoun does a great job of winning the ball in the air (something Gucci doesn't do as well). Queiroz is perhaps a bit too cautious though, but I can't complain too much if we keep winning.

Comment

Originally posted by platoon793 View Post
                            Seeing too many posts bashing Gucci. Have you guys forgotten how good he has been for us? He has rarely had an off game. Yes, he was selfish last night but what do you expect? He keeps getting the ball in the opponent's half against 6-8 defenders with maybe Dejagah and 1 other person coming to help. Ideally both would be starting, as Gucci does a great job of also coming back to defend (something Azmoun doesn't do as well) and Azmoun does a great job of winning the ball in the air (something Gucci doesn't do as well). Queiroz is perhaps a bit too cautious though, but I can't complain too much if we keep winning.
                            Jump on his FB page. The things people will say to him on that is just embarrassing. They swear and insult him REALLY bad. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                              Jump on his FB page. The things people will say to him on that is just embarrassing. They swear and insult him REALLY bad. They should be ashamed of themselves.
                              That's a shame, he's been one of the more skilled strikers we've had in ages. His scoring record for us is nothing short of remarkable considering our play style.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                                What did the fans do wrong?? I missed that one

Also..........Can anyone help me post the video of this link as my sig
                                people are blaming the fans for interfering with TM's psyche. apparently we lost so much focus in this game, which i disagree with

Comment

Working...
                                X