POST-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Qatar - Asian Cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Nothing to lose?? if we tie or lose the next game, it will be very worrying and Japan will eat us alive in quarter of final!
    Seriously??

When are we going to stop making a mountains out of a mole hills. Argentina with all its stars could not eat us alive and needed and injury time brilliance from Messi to win. Now you really think Japan has the power to eat us alive??

In reality. I bet Japan are praying to avoid us in the QFS.

Comment

If we tie uae we finish second in the group

So we need n must win

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
        people are blaming the fans for interfering with TM's psyche. apparently we lost so much focus in this game, which i disagree with
        I don't think anyone blamed the fans. The argument was rather that some of the players get emotional and influenced by the atmosphere in and around the stadium way too easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
          Seriously??

When are we going to stop making a mountains out of a mole hills. Argentina with all its stars could not eat us alive and needed and injury time brilliance from Messi to win. Now you really think Japan has the power to eat us alive??

In reality. I bet Japan are praying to avoid us in the QFS.
          If after only managing 1 goal against shitty Qatar I don't think they will be afraid for some reason. Its nice to be confident in your team but to say Japan is worried after that performance against Qatar you are deluding yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by platoon793 View Post
            Seeing too many posts bashing Gucci. Have you guys forgotten how good he has been for us? He has rarely had an off game. Yes, he was selfish last night but what do you expect? He keeps getting the ball in the opponent's half against 6-8 defenders with maybe Dejagah and 1 other person coming to help. Ideally both Azmoun and Gucci should be starting, as Gucci does a great job of also coming back to defend (something Azmoun doesn't do as well) and Azmoun does a great job of winning the ball in the air (something Gucci doesn't do as well). Queiroz is perhaps a bit too cautious though, but I can't complain too much if we keep winning.
            i agree, even at the end cq hugged gucci, is good for gucci to get extra motivation, he was selfish today, but i still think he is our best striker

Comment

I was at the game and I disagree entirely. Gucci was amazing off the ball. The man has hustle and gave us a load more energy up front after he came on.

Azmoun's goal was just fantastic, but his error rate was high prior to that goal.

Comment

meh...
                -not a very convincing performance
                -we looked tired, so early in the competition w certainly did not look like a team who is gonna win 4 more games
                -haghighi looked shaky with his kicks, flashes of mirzapour passed in front of my eyes
                -hajsafi had a bad game
                -pooladi not very convincing
                -ando caused our goal with his hustle other than that nothing special
                -nekounam error less but again nothing special
                -azmoun looked contained until the moment of brilliance
                -dejagah was man of the match,ran tirelessly, held the ball up almost heroically and set up azmoun with his quick thinking
                -shojaei was our second best player imo, ran tirelessly,held up the ball, passed well, caused a few freekicks, a bit weak in the air on defense
                -ghafouri was good
                pouraliganji was solid
                hosseini was good

we barely beat a nation that is not even considered 5th tier team in the world while at times parking the bus and very content with our one goal lead. gone are the golden eras of iranian midfield with creative passes building attack now is the era of hustle and bustle and give easy passes to the guy standing next to you. the first team that scores 2 goals against us will beat us.

positives: all of a sudden we have many stars emerging from what seemed a talent less football not that long ago. wings and forward line are quite strong and defense line has been its strongest in recent memory not allowing goals in most of our games, defenders giving sootis seems like a distant memory. team has accepted cq tactics and the fans have accepted our style of play which is good.

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
                  meh...

we barely beat a nation that is not even considered 5th tier team in the world while at times parking the bus and very content with our one goal lead. gone are the golden eras of iranian midfield with creative passes building attack now is the era of hustle and bustle and give easy passes to the guy standing next to you. the first team that scores 2 goals against us will beat us.

positives: all of a sudden we have many stars emerging from what seemed a talent less football not that long ago. wings and forward line are quite strong and defense line has been its strongest in recent memory not allowing goals in most of our games, defenders giving sootis seems like a distant memory. team has accepted cq tactics and the fans have accepted our style of play which is good.
                  How did you come to that conclusion? Those 2 paragraphs are very contradictory IMO.

Ive said this before and I know its unpopular but CQ's tactics leave ALOT to be desired.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz1 View Post
                    How did you come to that conclusion? Those 2 paragraphs are very contradictory IMO.

Ive said this before and I know its unpopular but CQ's tactics leave ALOT to be desired.
                    I also thought the two comments contradicted each other.

What I don't agree is that there is a lot to be desired in his tactics.

I have never had an issue with winning 1-0 and the streak of clean sheets is just amazing. Defence wins tournaments and that is what we are aiming to do.

Comment

The truth is that Iran did not performe that good as it could have

We will have immense problems with Australia and Japan if we don't get better

These group games are kind of friendly games that we needed badly and did not get

Comment

Nekounam used to be a great free kick taker. His past two efforts however, went way over the bar. Has he been out of practice lately?
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

CQ is a defensive-minded coach. Would you rather us play defensively and consistently or just be like UAE who will get handled 9/10 days by a team like Japan?

We can likely give Japan a very hard time, or even beat them, due to our defense being so stingy.

Our past "exciting TM" used to win games 4-3, and 6-4, but would also often lose to teams like Bahrain and Saudis. Mark my words, under CQ, if we played Saudis 25 times, we would win 24. Yeah, it's not ultra-attacking football, but it's a tactic. We had no tactics back in 1998. It was, get the ball to Daei, then get the ball to Karimi. A team can only get so far with those tactics. Currently, UAE is playing with that "get the ball to Abdulrahman" gameplay. It's exciting, and he is a talented player, but the second he is locked down, they will suffer as TM did when a team would lock down Daei or Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                            Nekounam used to be a great free kick taker. His past two efforts however, went way over the bar. Has he been out of practice lately?
                            You can't possibly assume he's been out of practice for two missed free kicks. In fact, it's not that uncommon.

Just think back to 2 months ago when Nekounam's free kick against South Korea hit the inside of the side bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                              I don't know but Hajsafi is a good free kick taker these days. I hope they let him do it

Comment

I don't know where you guys get your pessimistic attitudes from.
                                We have a world class defense , score beautiful goals and win matches. What more can you ask for?

Teams have won world cups based on their strong defense and their brilliant players up front (Italy 2006 anyone?)

Believe me, the other teams (including Japan and Australia) would like to avoid us, not the other way round.

Comment

Working...
                                X