No announcement yet.

POST-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Qatar - Asian Cup 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azmoun only score winner goals, damesh garm.

Comment

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...-Sardar-Azmoun
      Well I been away for a while!!!
      https://Beelits.com

Comment

The negative:

- went way too defensive way too early with 15-20 minutes remaining in the game, I really didn't like that transition at all as it didn't make very much sense. And to be clear I didn't expect us to go all out in attack either I just would've liked to see a blanced type of play from minute 75-85....THEN go defensive.

- Pouraliganji looked like a different player from his first game. Very shaky and didn't seem reliable....as I posted at half time he got beat in the box very easily, had a silly turnover, and gave the opposition FAR too much space. If he does that against a better side, even UAE, that will easily result in a goal.

- reza wasn't too hot either. His head just didn't seem to be in the game and didn't really provide any spark like I had hoped he would. Definitely one of his weaker TM caps. Not as scrappy and lively.

- for the love of God, we are not Arabs, why the HELL was Haghighi trying to get a gold medal in the art of grass rolling?! He outdid the Arabs in that aspect for sure.

The positives:

- Andranik ba-gheyrat Teymourian. Enough said. 120% deserved man of the match and I'm glad he got it, by far the best player on the pitch. Most key tackles, put the qatari's under a lot of pressure they couldn't handle often resulting in a turn over, and created our goal.

- Nekounam like ando did a lot of dirty work with key interceptions and good outlet passes to the flanks getting counters going.

- Masoud.....he's back baby, he hasn't had back to back games like this since 2010 probably. He was stellar ogher than his poor shots. Great vision, great dribbling, and most importantly fast decision making. Love when he plays good.

- Sardar was quiet most of the game but came up super clutch when it mattered. That was a world class goal with the way he controlled that ball and slotted it into the net with finess. Hope he is ok and will be able to play next game.

- ghafouri again with a very good performance, I thought after the first half he was much more quiet but he had some really nice runs and key tackles.

- we advanced, above everything else that's what we needed and we got it, good execution in the end but we need to play better if we want to legitimately contend for this title which we are capable of taking. The periods of sloppiness are seemingly reoccurring and it just won't get us past the top teams or heck, even UAE like I already said.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

GK
          -Haghighi didn't have much to do until later on and he handled the late pressure well minus his lawn-mower tactics. Wasn't nice to see but I'm not one of those people who yell about grass rolling. I laugh at it but I understand it in the modern game.

DEF
          - Pouraliganji was exceptional again barring one mistake in the first half which lead to a collision with Haghighi. He made a few unbelievable jumps, the guy could play basketball if he was taller. Really one to look out for in the future. AND IT'S ONLY HIS 2nd CAP FOR TM. SENSATIONAL
          - Hosseini was also solid as a rock at CB, he kept everything tidy.
          - Ghafouri was pinned down like an insect by the Qatari LB who was their only good player. Unlike Pooladi who is good at attacking and defending, Ghafouri is a bit worry when he's not going forward. Still like him a lot though.

MID
          - Teymorian MOTM easily, he was a beautiful to watch in CM covering every blade of grass, winning tackles deep in both halves and his passes were mostly great.
          - Nekou was the calm distributor of the ball, he kept everyone ticking and organized (until the end when he was p much an anchor man).
          - I'm no Shojaei fanboy, except for his finishing, he was actually pretty good. He won challenges, made good passes - if a bit too slowly - and drew in fouls. It was one of his better performances. I wasn't one of those people who loved him against Bahrain, I thought his goal was the positive exception to his poor performance, but this game was actually rather encouraging from him.
          - Dejagah was brilliant, he ran himself ragged out there and did every thing he could to keep the ball and draw in fouls. He was always dangerous going forward and deserved his assist
          - Hajsafi was poor in the first half going forward, I was really surprised by him. Lost the ball a few times, wayward passes, he looked a bit shell-shocked. As the game grew on in the second half he showed himself a bit but then he had to pull back and help with the DEF. I think the people who were crying about Jahanbacksh not being subbed on would've seen him come on for Hajsafi had Azmoun not gotten the cramp.

FWD
          - Azmoun's touch and finish were class, that was beautiful to watch. The cross from Dejagah and the ball that was recovered by Ando were important parts of that goal but that touch was magic. The guy really does have talent to him. He looked dangerous in the air and put a lot of pressure on the Qatari defense. A very positive showing from him

SUBS
          - Barring his finishing, which was never really bad just hasty, I thought Gucci was very good. He won the ball up front, did everything he could to hold it up or run past the defenders. I saw Quieroz lose his mind with that last scuffed shot and I'm sure he'll be chewed out. I think he feels a bit unsure of his finishing ability since he hasn't score from TM since Bosnia bu nonetheless I was happy with him
          - Heydari had some decent link up play on the right when he came on but he and Sadeghi were mostly there to be legs to run and bodies in the box. Not much to say really.
          pls save us dejagah

Comment

Can't believe I'm saying this but UAE are favourites going into the match

Comment

it seems like nobody on the team trusts Heydari's offensive ability, what was it 3 times he was wide open and no one passed it to him, i know the guy doesn't score often and is a defensive/playmaker but i am sure he could have still had a good chance at scoring in those positions if he got the ball.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I'm happy we won, and went through.. The defence was solid as usual,marshalled by Jalal Hosseini. By far the most UNDERRATED player in Iran - no-one talks about him! Just does the business as usual. Nekou and Teymourian were solid.

We can easily score more goals, however the teamwork passing between the front 4 is quite poor. Alot of touches,alot of selfish play.. Ashkan did give us breathing space when he uses his speed .. the issue is our defence is too deep, and you're asking alot from the attack to cause problems. It seems most of our wins will be 1-0 and tight wins if are to progress further on.

I'm interested how our set-up will be, if we concede a goal...

Bring on UAE
                I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

It's fair to say Gucci had his selfish shoes on tonight.

It's was a bad a day for him. It doesn't mean however that he is suddenly a crap player overnight.

Stop being short sided and remember the match winning performances he has provided TM.

Comment

haghighis confidence is becoming sort of negative. all the "alireza marry me" selfies and chants didnt do him any good...his performance was ok but he is showing a really annoying side of himself (after that bodycheck against fauzi aish, now today all this grassrolling and fake injury scenes...i dont know i have the feeling he likes the spot light on him.

Comment

Just lol at everyone who thought we will beat Qatar with at least 3-0. It just shows that there are too many kids on this forum who started watching football yesterday.
                      Who do you think we are? Germany? Brazil? Spain? We played against Qatar as if they are Germany.
                      Worst performance since a long time! Bahrain match was better.

Comment

This is all i have to say

"Qatar is west asia's best hope to win the cup" every biased pundit before the Asian cup. bye bye qatar.

Comment

Get used to it. We play like this under Carlos. UAE next

Comment

Does anyone know what our formation looked like when Sadeghi was subbed in for Teymourian? Did PAG move into defensive midfield?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X