• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
    In case these haven't been posted yet, they are both well worth reading:
    http://www.espnfc.com/afc-asian-cup/...n-cup-quarters
    and
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a...15-12rbcd.html
    Sardar Azmoun's goal really was world class and espn (and other articles) already talk about possible goal of the tournament etc.
    grear article
    does anyone know how many qatari fans were present? lol.. couldn't find any.. possibly less than 50
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

If Qatar likes Arfrican footballers why don't they Join Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
        If Qatar likes Arfrican footballers why don't they Join Africa?
        I know right, and then their ridiculous efforts to cover it up, by naming them random arabian names loool

Comment

Does anyone else notice the gap between our forwards and midfielders?

What's the explanation for this? I mean we are amazing defensively cause we don't concede but every time the ball gets past our forwards it ends up in a dangerous spot on the wings.

We need to tighten that area up come finals and better opponents.

Comment

This was a game where Sardar Introduced himself to the whole nation and part of world that did not know him.
            Poualiganji also proved that he is the right man for the job and you have to thank CQ for choosing him.
            Anyway be happy going to the next match without any pressure. The team needs one match without pressure to get ready for the elimination round and definitely it earned that situation.

Comment

Gol zadim va keshidim aghaab, on ham ba Qatar, aslan jaleb nabood. Be nazare man khobe ke bayad baa Emarat bebarim, team vadar mishe behtar hamle kone. Agar tonestim ye baziye behtari ba Emarat konim omidvar bashim, agar ke na, behtare jaamesh konim o berim khoone.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_australia View Post
                Does anyone else notice the gap between our forwards and midfielders?

What's the explanation for this? I mean we are amazing defensively cause we don't concede but every time the ball gets past our forwards it ends up in a dangerous spot on the wings.

We need to tighten that area up come finals and better opponents.
                Az bass mikeshim aghab, khat miyone nemirese be khat hamle komak kone.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

If Japan happens to lose by a shock to Iraq tomorrow, would we purposely lose to UAE in order to go second, or would we still fight for first?

I have a feeling that if Japan loses tomorrow, Iran and UAE would both send out C teams, and try to score own goals to avoid going top to face Japan in the next round lol.

Japan is the type of team that can stumble in the group stage, but is very dangerous in KO stages.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    If Japan happens to lose by a shock to Iraq tomorrow, would we purposely lose to UAE in order to go second, or would we still fight for first?

I have a feeling that if Japan loses tomorrow, Iran and UAE would both send out C teams, and try to score own goals to avoid going top to face Japan in the next round lol.

Japan is the type of team that can stumble in the group stage, but is very dangerous in KO stages.
                    Eragh soorakhe janam, ba on baazie gandi ke kard ba Ordon.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                      This was a game where Sardar Introduced himself to the whole nation and part of world that did not know him.
                      Poualiganji also proved that he is the right man for the job and you have to thank CQ for choosing him.
                      Anyway be happy going to the next match without any pressure. The team needs one match without pressure to get ready for the elimination round and definitely it earned that situation.
                      Whilst there is no pressure on the boys I really need them to win as the logistics of the quarters and semis for me would be much much easier to attend if they finish first in their group.

and I have a wish they play Australia in Sydney on Australia Day for the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                        Eragh soorakhe janam, ba on baazie gandi ke kard ba Ordon.
                        True, I'm sure the probability is around 1%, but it's still possible. It would be the first true shock of the tournament. It would likely be like our game against Lebanon in WCQ, when we hit the post and attacked for 90 minutes and Lebanon scored on their one free kick. Anything is possible in football.

Comment

Nekounam was MOM. I hope our defensive key veterans won't underperform in the knockout phase because of fatigue and heat.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                            Nekounam was MOM. I hope our defensive key veterans won't underperform in the knockout phase because of fatigue and heat.
                            Really. I thought Nek was extremely quiet and did not get involved.

I thought Ando was really good and Massoud was not.

Who was the official MOM?

Comment

I know you guys like CQ but there is no way in the world his tactics are going to win the Asian Cup. There seems to be no cohesion especially in attack and Iran are far too cautious. Iran seems to be having trouble controlling possession and at times they just sit back a bit and defend. Give that sort of ball to more experienced teams and you will concede heavily.

Comment

The sweeper position is the most difficult position to notice on the field. Nekounam did do a fabulous job, but you have to specifically be watching for his actions in order to notice his brilliance tonight. His movements are so simple, so that is why they are easy to miss.

An example, Ghafouri was stuck at one point with two Qataris closing on him, so Nekounam ran over cooly, called for the ball, turned it, took his time and called Masoud over and gave a great clean pass to turn us on the counter.

This might not seem like a lot, but it really is. He is doing his job of aiding the defense and then starting the counters.

Our main issue seems to be the lack of a true CAM. Shojaei is okay, but he is in no way a brilliant CAM. He runs too much and his passing is actually not great at all. His passes are slow and sluggish and he doesn't pass at the right time. His vision is poor.

This is not Shojaei bashing as I've defended him in the past, but he's not someone who is right for TM at the CAM position. I hope Soroush will start one of the games. He seems more like a true CAM. Passes back when necessary, has quick-crisp passes, and he seems to have vision. He connects the field between the CDM's and the Strikers and Wingers. Masoud doesn't distribute the ball well due to his poor passing.

We need a CAM that can hold the ball, keep his head up, and distribute quick balls with vision.

Once we have that, we may be the most complete team in Asia. If we had a Shinji Kagawa-like player on TM, we might be better than Japan, due to our stellar defensive line. Once CQ figures out the last piece of our puzzle, we will be a force. It would be great to figure it out during this tournament. I have a feeling Rafaei will be the guy, and will have a MOTM display coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X