• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#HajsafiForCaptain2018
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
      I wouldn't mind seeing Hajsafi giving the free kicks a shot.
      Hajsafi has a great left foot. Strangely, all our free kicks come on the left side of the box which requires a right-footer to take it (Nekounam or Dejagah).

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
        Hajsafi has a great left foot. Strangely, all our free kicks come on the left side of the box which requires a right-footer to take it (Nekounam or Dejagah).
        True. I also noticed that lately.

Comment

POST-MATCH DISCUSSION | vs. Qatar - Asian Cup 2015

After seeing the fans rock up in Sydney and Melbourne for Iran matches, one of the fox sport commentator suggested that A-league team recruit some Iranians into their team.

The fact is the a-league has never had an Iranian player.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            After seeing the fans rock up in Sydney and Melbourne for Iran matches, one of the fox sport commentator suggested that A-league team recruit some Iranians into their team.

The fact is the a-league has never had an Iranian player.
            lets do this

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
              meh...
              -not a very convincing performance
              -we looked tired, so early in the competition w certainly did not look like a team who is gonna win 4 more games
              -haghighi looked shaky with his kicks, flashes of mirzapour passed in front of my eyes
              -hajsafi had a bad game
              -pooladi not very convincing
              -ando caused our goal with his hustle other than that nothing special
              -nekounam error less but again nothing special
              -azmoun looked contained until the moment of brilliance
              -dejagah was man of the match,ran tirelessly, held the ball up almost heroically and set up azmoun with his quick thinking
              -shojaei was our second best player imo, ran tirelessly,held up the ball, passed well, caused a few freekicks, a bit weak in the air on defense
              -ghafouri was good
              pouraliganji was solid
              hosseini was good

we barely beat a nation that is not even considered 5th tier team in the world while at times parking the bus and very content with our one goal lead. gone are the golden eras of iranian midfield with creative passes building attack now is the era of hustle and bustle and give easy passes to the guy standing next to you. the first team that scores 2 goals against us will beat us.

positives: all of a sudden we have many stars emerging from what seemed a talent less football not that long ago. wings and forward line are quite strong and defense line has been its strongest in recent memory not allowing goals in most of our games, defenders giving sootis seems like a distant memory. team has accepted cq tactics and the fans have accepted our style of play which is good.
              which golden era are you referring to? we've done Zilch in the Asian Cup since the revolution, we haven't qualified for the olympics since the revolution, and we certainly have not burned up our opponents in the WC tournaments that we qualified for. Sure, we've had more entertaining teams in the past versus today, but that is not because of CQ's system. We had great players that played in the top leagues of Germany, Italy, Spain and England. Do we have those type of players today? Not really. We have 11 to 15 players that play in Iran, qatar, kuwait, Russia and Netherland.
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

This one is hilarious:

btw. Ando was given the MOM award by AFC:
                Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
                  This one is hilarious:

Great video,except around min 5:00, a group of traitors claiming to be from "Al Ahwaz" (proclaimed arabic state including khuzestan, parts of bushehr, hormozgan, lorestan and kurdistan) supporting the Afro-Arab team.

Comment

The girl on the right at 8:30... I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
                      This one is hilarious:

btw. Ando was given the MOM award by AFC:
                      lol this was a really funny video that host was really entertaining haha the way he asked the questions
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

the girls are hot

Comment

Yesterday I meet with the Team and took pictures with them the few points that shocked me were

__Mohsen The goali has a full left arm selve tattoo which shocked me cause I thought it was not allowed to be shown

__CQ is hands down the most polite and fan loving coach I have met, he loves to interact

__Hasem is super sweet and innocent

__Ando, Neku, Ashkan, masoud, Haghai always dress to impress

__Seyed jala Azeri is on point haha

__ Is Ramin Rezaian Armenian or where Aziz is from cause his last name has ian and his eyes looks like aziz haha, very nice guy though

__Ehsan needs a fashion stylist haha this dude does not know how to dress fashion

__Sadar buying some gucci shoes, and glasses, Ashkan wearing Jordans, and CQ wearing shorts and flip flop was harmonious

__ Overall the team atmosphere is perfect everyone interacts and gets along

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                            It's not like he's missing 10 free kicks left and right. By that token, Dejagah needs to do a better job with his corners after squandering 2 or 3.
                            As for Dejagah taking the free-kicks, he has done so several times in the past few games without a better result. Nekounam still very much remains our #1 free kick taker.
                            Any player can be a good free kick taker; they just need more practice and I think they are not practicing. In this case I were Nekounam, I would get some David Backham tapes and run them repeatedly while I fall sleep at night. How Beckham used to curve those balls into back of the net was amazing.

Finally, if Iran can't do a direct free kick, there is always scenarios for indirect ones which need to be utilized both as tactical necessities and as means of adding surprises to the game. Anyone recall Argentina versus Germany back in 1986, how Germans managed to pull back two late goals on set pieces?
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                              The girl on the right at 8:30... I would.
                              Amen my brother!

Comment

Ik I shouldnt be asking this here. But this is just for my reference do last names ending with -ian indicate armenian root? My parents dont know jack about this stuff -_-
                                EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Working...
                                X