No announcement yet.

Japan vs. Iraq [AFC Asian Cup 2015] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me but what happened to Japan vs Iraq, am I in the wrong thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
      Just finished watching the highlights, they hit the post like 4 times.
      Which shows they are terrible finishers. What good is all that possession and great passing when they cannot put it in the back of the net.

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
        Excuse me but what happened to Japan vs Iraq, am I in the wrong thread?
        i'm surprised people are feeding the troll.
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by Oz1 View Post
          His strategy tells his players that the best they can hope for is a draw and that that is probably all they are capable of. It lacks belief in the abilities of his players. Its actually a very good example of what he really thinks as a coach. That's just my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours.

um ... no .... unless you believe that defensive ability of a team does not count as "abilities of players". You do know that defending is also part of the game.

As a fan, you, just like to see a fun, exciting game with lots of goals. There are teams that do that and if you google harlem globetrotters, you will find them.

As a coach, your number one job is to get results. Plain and simple. You go with what you believe to be your strengths. CQ rightfully believes in our player's ability to DEFEND. We are a team of non-stars or what others may call, blue collar team. Not a single one of our players outside of Dejagah or Azmoun (who was not there) are considered to be anywhere close to being star caliber players. In fact not a single one of our players including Dejagah or Azmoun would even make it to the Argentina bench, let alone start. So, as a coach, if you believe that you can go toe-to-toe with an Argentinian squad that came in runner up in the WC, you should be fired.

As I said, we had an imbecile ref that took a away a penalty, just because he believed that an Iranian player could never be fouled by an Argentinian in the penalty box, and it must have been superior defending by the argentinian. We held messi and company to a 0-0 tie in regulation time, and it took a miraculous shot by messi to give them an undeserved win. No one can argue against the brilliance of CQ's strategy for that game.
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            Which shows they are terrible finishers. What good is all that possession and great passing when they cannot put it in the back of the net.
            Their finishers just had an off day. Okazaki is one of the best scorers in Bundesliga and Honda is the top scorer in Milan. It could have been at least 4-0. They are dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
              How can anyone not smile when watching this match?

Regardless of the team we are facing, we are extremely capable of beating them. Japan is very vulnerable to Iran's playing style and will completely choke against us. Even the UAE has the potential to beat them.
              I don't understand your optimism at all. Iraq parked a bus for the most time but still Japan created many chances. Also they aren't that vulnerable as Iraq failed to create a single chance. Even Iraqi fans admit that they were completely owned today.

Let me start of by saying that it's completely normal to lose against a side that is better in every single aspect. The score line could have been 6-0 today.
              I think we had a lot of luck today. It could have been much worse. We could have lost with a heavy margin. Japan missed at least two 100% goals!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                I don't understand your optimism at all. Iraq parked a bus for the most time but still Japan created many chances. Also they aren't that vulnerable as Iraq failed to create a single chance. Even Iraqi fans admit that they were completely owned today.
                What we do under CQ and what Iraq does are completely different. We don't just defend in numbers and hope the ball bounces off somebody and goes out. THAT is parking the bus. We combine methodical defending with high front line pressure that leads to quick counterattacks as soon as we get the ball. This is actually very well suited for Japan's possession-based system, especially since they seem to need at least 4-5 chances to score one goal. We haven't given up 4 clear cut chances in our last 4 games!

I respect Japan but I really do fancy our chances against them. And if Azmoun and Ashkan have a good day on the counters, then I REALLY like our chances against them.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
                  What we do under CQ and what Iraq does are completely different. We don't just defend in numbers and hope the ball bounces off somebody and goes out. THAT is parking the bus. We combine methodical defending with high front line pressure that leads to quick counterattacks as soon as we get the ball. This is actually very well suited for Japan's possession-based system, especially since they seem to need at least 4-5 chances to score one goal. We haven't given up 4 clear cut chances in our last 4 games!

I respect Japan but I really do fancy our chances against them. And if Azmoun and Ashkan have a good day on the counters, then I REALLY like our chances against them.
                  As has been mentioned above, they are usually more clinical in front of goal. Their attackers are more successful than Azmoun, Ashkan, Gucci and JB in Europe. Btw I really want us to beat them in the final. Some of our stupid fans provoked Japan on youtube but Japanese fans seem to look down on TM and only care about Australia and Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                    Just finished watching the highlights, they hit the post like 4 times.
                    My Rossoneri boy Honda hit the post 3 times, final score should have at least been 3-0, Iraq is terrible!

Comment

Originally posted by greatpersian View Post
                      Honda is the top scorer in Milan
                      Second top scorer, nonetheless still great!

Japan played well indeed no denying, however I expected more from them. They have sure regressed compared to 3-4 years ago.

Comment

LOL. maybe sitter of the tournament.

Comment

If AC Milan gets Sardar! Damn I'm going to cry tears of joy. seeing our boy with honda!

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                            LOL. maybe sitter of the tournament.
                            That was offside.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                              If AC Milan gets Sardar! Damn I'm going to cry tears of joy. seeing our boy with honda!
                              Better Italy than England. He is more Italian Style.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                                Better Italy than England. He is more Italian Style.
                                He is our Zlatan!

Comment

Working...
                                X