No announcement yet.

Japan vs. Iraq [AFC Asian Cup 2015] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again, did you see how Man Utd beat Barcelona in 2008 in the semis? Right, they had 10 men behind the ball. It's the same with A. Madrid last year. you can't be serious, if you call them a "good attacking team". Just because Diego Costa scored a lot of goals, it doesn't mean they played attacking football.

Granted Iran's level is probably two tiers below, but so is Australia's. You can win games by playing attacking football, but also by focusing on defense. You can even win by playing extremely poor. Still at the end of the day, a manager is paid to win matches, and CQ does that at the moment. That's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by metallica69 View Post
      First CQ is a defensive coach and even when he coached Portugal that's how he played. He is also very disciplined.

I agree that our defensive approach matches our current abilities as a team, but that doesn't mean we use the same tactic for each game, be it Bahrain or Qatar or any other team. Just to be sure in our recent history we have never played fluid attacking football, most of our attacking power in the previous years was based on individual skill be it Karimi, Aziz and Co. After many years we are seeing consistency of some form i.e. discipline and a strategy all through the game (defensive)

The Question is can we play a better attacking game with the current crop of players? I feel we can in some games. Our problem lies not with the coach but on what he has on offer too as players.

I am really optimistic for the future, right now we have a solid team in every line starting from goal to the attack except for MF we should be fine. the missing link is that playmaker in the Middle. I would have hoped that would have been sadegian from PP.
      I don't want Iran to go out with a whimper with a 1-0 or 2-0 loss because they didn't try to really go after their opponent and sat back and defended. Also Asian teams do better especially at WC level when they play attacking football results wise. Id rather my team lose playing to win than to win in a manner like Greece did in 2004. Since that win Greece has gone downhill and that's because of the way they play, you cant keep doing that and expect your football to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Oz1 View Post
        I think he put his eggs in the one basket relying on a win in the Bosnia game instead of trying to win each game. That's my take on his tactics last WC. The tactics in the Nigeria game were also negative and Nigeria is very beatable.
        The idea with first game against Nigeria was to get at least a tie so we were alive until the last game. CQ thought Bosnia would win Nigeria and if Iran gets at least a tie against Arg they would need a win against Iran.
        If Bosnia was hungery for a win against Iran we could play contra.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFrasbul View Post
          Again, did you see how Man Utd beat Barcelona in 2008 in the semis? Right, they had 10 men behind the ball. It's the same with A. Madrid last year. you can't be serious, if you call them a "good attacking team". Just because Diego Costa scored a lot of goals, it doesn't mean they played attacking football.

Granted Iran's level is probably two tiers below, but so is Australia's. You can win games by playing attacking football, but also by focusing on defense. You can even win by playing extremely poor. Still at the end of the day, a manager is paid to win matches, and CQ does that at the moment. That's all that matters.
          At Australia and Irans level a manager should be paid to develop a playing philosophy and style that will develop football in each country to get to the next level. This is why football is stagnating in the middle east especially because of the mentality that the result is what matters. That's why you see so much grassrolling by arab teams because they are so short-sighted. I can tell you that people in Australia were happier with their team last WC than the previous one where they got 4 points because of the manner in which they played. Its a totally different mentality here and if Australia won the Asian Cup playing 10 behind the ball they would be pissed off because its not how they want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Australia was dead last and already eliminated in the final game; Iran had the chance to advance until the very last match day.

Talk to me when Australia doesn't lose 1-3 to some 2nd rate South Americans and 0-3(!) to an out-form Spain team who were at that time capable of losing to any team
            You live in the Netherlands and have conveniently forgotten Australia was leading you 2-1. You don't have much credibility when you pull shit like this.

Comment

You live in the Netherlands and have conveniently forgotten Australia was leading you 2-1. You don't have much credibility when you pull shit like this.
              I suggest you to go and stay on an Australian football forum because it seems you are more passionate of it than anything else. Im sure you will be able to discuss Australia's greatness there.

Comment

You live in the Netherlands and have conveniently forgotten Australia was lea
                ding you 2-1. You don't have much credibility when you pull shit like this.
                Australia got defeated 3-2... if we go by your logic then same similar wicked logic can also be applied in this way : Maldives drew with South Korea.... >> South Korea defeated Italy >>>> Italy world cup champions just four years later so Maldives can also claim the whole freakin world cup ? LOL

If i were you i would be more humble, your team didnt even face a decent Asian side... do not take pride in beating Kuwait and Oman. They are nothing special.

Comment

Lmfaoo......Netherlands got to the semi-finals, where was Australia? Get the f*ck outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                    I suggest you to go and stay on an Australian football forum because it seems you are more passionate of it than anything else. Im sure you will be able to discuss Australia's greatness there.
                    Would you like me to say CQ is the greatest, he has the plan to beat anyone, no need for discussion here Iran will soon be world champions with the way he is going? Or maybe we could have a discussion about stuff. Im sure PFDC has "discussion" in the somewhere

Comment

I don't want Iran to go out with a whimper with a 1-0 or 2-0 loss because they didn't try to really go after their opponent and sat back and defended. Also Asian teams do better especially at WC level when they play attacking football results wise. Id rather my team lose playing to win than to win in a manner like Greece did in 2004. Since that win Greece has gone downhill and that's because of the way they play, you cant keep doing that and expect your football to get better.
                      I know and agree with you, but unfortunately for me and you our style of play is not going to change for the foreseeable future (until be have a new team manger. CQ seems to be convinced that we should play the same style and correct me if I am wrong we have also played the same formation from the get go. In reality both neku and ando are now DMF
                      United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by metallica69 View Post
                        I know and agree with you, but unfortunately for me and you our style of play is not going to change for the foreseeable future (until be have a new team manger. CQ seems to be convinced that we should play the same style and correct me if I am wrong we have also played the same formation from the get go. In reality both neku and ando are now DMF
                        It comes directly from the top the IFF. If you don't get results they will get another coach so CQ just does his best to make it happen even if its to detriment of the long term interests of the national team. It doesn't help when the average supporter also shares the same view. I come across a similar view from New Zealanders who like to brag that they were the only team in WC 2006 not to lose a single game. They also played 10 behind the ball against Italy, Czech and the US in the group games and got 3 points with 3 draws and went out without leaving any impression. Their football has significantly declined after adopting this philosophy and im starting to see Asian football getting worse over the last decade. The grassrolling and negative play is frustrating and hurts everyone.

Comment

My position is you cant beat top teams like Argentina playing 10 behind the ball so why try and do it. Its pointless, you must score goals if you want to win games and if you aren't there to win its better to stay home. WC comes around once every 4 years if you make it and no-one remembers who drew lost to Italy in the 1st round by only 1-0 in 1980 for example (just making it up as an example) but they do remember North Korea in 1966 and Cameroon in 1986 who went out there and played to win. This is football in the spirit its meant to be played.
                          a penalty not given, and a 0-0 result for 90 minutes and you doubt the strategy CQ picked for that game? There are other games that you could perhaps argue the right strategy was not used. You would still be wrong, but at least you could make an argument out of it .... but to bring up the Argentina game? really? Could there have been a worse example you could have brought up to back up your point?
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Japan's passing just gets better and better. They were very unlucky to only score one goal.

We freak out when we have one passing play that is similar to theirs.

I just wish TM had the offensive rhythm Japan has. They are very fun to watch.
                            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                              a penalty not given, and a 0-0 result for 90 minutes and you doubt the strategy CQ picked for that game? There are other games that you could perhaps argue the right strategy was not used. You would still be wrong, but at least you could make an argument out of it .... but to bring up the Argentina game? really? Could there have been a worse example you could have brought up to back up your point?
                              His strategy tells his players that the best they can hope for is a draw and that that is probably all they are capable of. It lacks belief in the abilities of his players. Its actually a very good example of what he really thinks as a coach. That's just my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                                Japan's passing just gets better and better. They were very unlucky to only score one goal.

We freak out when we have one passing play that is similar to theirs.

I just wish TM had the offensive rhythm Japan has. They are very fun to watch.
                                Just finished watching the highlights, they hit the post like 4 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X