No announcement yet.

Ando does it again and again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A real legend of our footballing history.

Comment

I must say, Ando is one of my favorite players, but I certainly have been critical of his fitness, especially this season. He was terrible vs. korea, but in the last two games, he has been sublime, along with our captain Javad Khan! Ando is a tough player and I think he would have fit in brilliantly at a mid table premier league club! He is not as quick on the ball as he was back in the day (go back and watch him in the 06 WC, he was brilliant, checking in and out, creating space etc) but he does so much off the ball its amazing.
      Nekounam has been playing a lot better this year compared to last! Playing in Osasuna has been great for him. He is more calm on the ball, unlike last year, where he was a bit shaky and slow.
      Let's be real though, these guys are legends, but we need to replace them after the Asian Cup. Neku is retiring, and ando is not going to be able to play like this in 2018 against world class opposition. I would love to have only 1 DM after the Asian Cup...With shojaei retiring, I would love to see how the team will look in the next couple of years. If Ezatolahi gets consistent PT at A. Madrid, he should be integrated to the team.
      ---ghafouri/rezaian--hosseni---PAG---pooladi
      -----------------Ezatolahi-------------------
      -----Dejagah------hajsafi------jahanbaksh-------
      -----------------azmoun----------------------------

And I have not given up on Ansarifard either, he is quality, and still can grow in the next 4 or 5 years.

Comment

i will miss him dearly when he retires

why cant we produce more players like him?? he's a beast....reminds me of Vidal at Juve

Comment

Armenians are always a good addition to TM historically.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            Armenians are always a good addition to TM historically.
            true... same is true for Markar Aghajanian, that Queiroz is also praising for his hard work in the technical staff.
            Also as a player Aghajanian was a very good defender.
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

It comes as no surprise to me, that Ando and Ashkan are good friends.
              Hardworkers and fighters always find eachother

First time I saw Ando was in 2006 WC preparation games and was soo impressed with his fighting spirit. He has never let me down ever since.
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

He makes tackling look an art.

Comment

how about his pass to Gucci to take us to the WC?

yesterday there were several times when Qatar was in the middle of a dangerous play and out of nowhere comes Ando. His tackles are spot-on. He also on two occasions LEVELED Qatar's players LOL. Bulldozer

Comment

Ando is one of a kind. How he is both on and off the field, his great attitude, determination, and gheyrat. He is always in form during tournaments somehow I don't know how he gains his form so fast. He is an amazing player, and he has left us with some great moments, be it assists, important link ups, and his rockets! Glad after Nekounam he is going to captain the team, he cares a lot about our football. Hope he can continue to stay around TM for many more years. No one can replace him.

On a different note, Hosseini is also a player that deserves more recognition in my opinion. I honestly dont think he has had a bad game in 7 years for TM. Its ridiculous how solid he is!
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

There was a class scene in the Iraq friendly match in Wollongong when Nekounam got subbed on. Ando removed his captain's arm band and came running over to Javad to hand it over, but Javad smiled at him and waved him away and let him play out the rest of the game as the captain.

Such class and respect between two giants of our team.

Comment

I just wished he was 21 instead of 31. He would surely have had a decent club chasing him from one of the big leagues.

See the reason why Japan have their stars playing in top sides like AC Milan, Inter, man united (formally), Dortmund and Schalke isn't only because what they have in terms of talent. It is also very marketable to have a Japanese player in your team.

Teams use this tactic a lot of times with Asian players.

Unfortunately there is no marketability factor when it comes to our players, so there isn't that added incentive for European side to go to all that trouble to bring in an Iranian.

Comment

He's simply awesome and so important for the team.

Comment

I am sorry to rain on your parade - while I do agree Ando is a fighter.....for me I like a more technical and creative player in midfield. I know there are hard to come by but I would take a Khalatbari over Ando any day......unless we structure ours a defensive team hoping to create 5 or 7 shots on goal every match.

Comment

Yet, people here used to call him ''fat'', ''unfit'' or ''out of shape'' .

Ridid .

Comment

Here is what Khodadad says - and I fully agree with him.
                                The clip also shows once again how stupid our so called football media is!! Khodadad is talking about game tactics and the idiots keep asking him stupid question. Long live Mehran Molk Ara
                                http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=13286

Comment

Working...
                                X