Do we field a B-team vs. UAE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we field a B-team vs. UAE?

I know to some this is crazy. Why would we field a B-team in an important match that determines our Quarter-Finals match-up? I think there is some benefits and some considerations.

Major Benefits:see
    Last edited by Tehranto; 01-15-2015, 01:35 PM.

Counterargument:
    A TM that is as tired as their opponents (Iraq) might be considered better than a rested TM vs Japan. I'm not saying this is the way to go, but just showing how both sides have their pros and cons.

Comment

Yes we should

Comment

No these guys are professional footballers their job is to run if theyre tired after 2 games with 3 rest days in between they should get another job

Comment

I'm not sure if changing the whole formation would be the wisest thing, particularly given the drought of friendlies prior to the tournament, these group matches will certainly help syncing our first 11(especially the defensive line which is 50% modified).

However, it's worth giving a chance to some of our youngsters like Alireza, Soroush who could be instrumental in the next phases.

Comment

I'm all for resting a couple of players to have them fresh for finals but winning should definitely be priority 1.

I believe we are 1-2 games away from playing our best football and I just don't want to have to play Japan in the quarters IF we are not ready. I would much rather go the other route and play Iraq and then potentially Australia or Korea.

Also, on a more selfish note.......Driving up to Canberra for the Quarters and from there to Sydney for the Semi Final (which is on a public holiday) would be much easier for me and my mates to attend. Ill go anywhere for the finals though.

Comment

If nothing else, here are three players I don't think we'll be seeing in the starting line-up against UAE:

1. Shojaei - Currently sits on a yellow card. With qualification for the QF secured, I don't think CQ is willing to risk losing Shojaei.
              2. Hajsafi - Same as Shojaei.
              3. His injury doesn't seem serious but the extra rest could be beneficial (especially if this is to be a long tournament).

As a result, we can line up as follows:

--------------------Haghighi--------------------
              Ghafouri--Hosseini--Pouraliganji--Pouladi
              -------Teymourian---------Nekounam-------
              Dejagah------------Rafiei-----Jahanbakhsh
              ---------------Ghoochannejhad--------------

Going back to your point, if we want to field a fully B-side or rather, a side with players who have seen less playing time, we can see the following:

-------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              Rezaeian--Sadeghi--Pouraliganji--Pouladi
              --------Teymourian---------Nekounam-------
              Heydari--------------Rafiei-----Jahanbakhsh
              ----------------Ghoochannejhad--------------

Some points:

- Teymourian is essential to shutting down Omar Abdulrahman. This will be his #1 task.
              - Nekounam is the glue that keeps this team together. His game is based on his vision and decision making. Not as physically draining as some of the other roles. I also reckon that he wants to get to 150 caps (he's currently at 147).
              - Pouraliganji and Pouladi will be played to further strengthen their cohesion on the left side. Of all the players in defence, it's important that Hosseini is rested (if possible).
              - The rest are just standard replacements.

Comment

Not necessarily a total swap, but all players that have injuries (even minor) and/or are very fatigued should be rested,

Also, Ansarifard can be given another chance. And definitely play Jahanbkash!

But the single most important part about this game is to find a way to neutralize Omar who is extremely dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  If nothing else, here are three players I don't think we'll be seeing in the starting line-up against UAE:

1. Shojaei - Currently sits on a yellow card. With qualification for the QF secured, I don't think CQ is willing to risk losing Shojaei.
                  2. Hajsafi - Same as Shojaei.
                  3. His injury doesn't seem serious but the extra rest could be beneficial (especially if this is to be a long tournament).

As a result, we can line up as follows:

--------------------Haghighi--------------------
                  Ghafouri--Hosseini--Pouraliganji--Pouladi
                  -------Teymourian---------Nekounam-------
                  Dejagah------------Rafiei-----Jahanbakhsh
                  ---------------Ghoochannejhad--------------

Going back to your point, if we want to field a fully B-side or rather, a side with players who have seen less playing time, we can see the following:

-------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  Rezaeian--Sadeghi--Pouraliganji--Pouladi
                  --------Teymourian---------Nekounam-------
                  Heydari--------------Rafiei-----Jahanbakhsh
                  ----------------Ghoochannejhad--------------

Some points:

- Teymourian is essential to shutting down Omar Abdulrahman. This will be his #1 task.
                  - Nekounam is the glue that keeps this team together. His game is based on his vision and decision making. Not as physically draining as some of the other roles. I also reckon that he wants to get to 150 caps (he's currently at 147).
                  - Pouraliganji and Pouladi will be played to further strengthen their cohesion on the left side. Of all the players in defence, it's important that Hosseini is rested (if possible).
                  - The rest are just standard replacements.
                  Great points but please no Heydari ...

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    Great points but please no Heydari ...
                    I'm not a fan of Heydari either but he's the route we have to go if we want to rest certain players. The other option is to start Rezaiean as RB and Ghafouri as RW (similar to the Iraq match).

However, this defeats the whole purpose of resting Ghafouri. Personally, if Ghafouri was to start, I'd rather him play as right-back so he can continue adjusting to his role.

Comment

Simply no. As we all know, this is a MUST WIN match if we wanna finish nr. 1 in our group, and hence avoid Japan in quaters.

Comment

I actually want Iran to beat UAE in particular. The way they insult us and our history by calling their league ''Ar Ar Gulf'' is simply disgusting and should be dealt with. We must go out on full-force to put these pooroo's in their place.

Comment

i would say we can make some changes like jahanbaksh in for shojayi, but if we need a win most will still play, however ifjapan lose and we need a draw to get second we might not play a strong team

Comment

Likelihood is:

Win group -> Palestine/Iraq -> Australia/South Korea -> Japan
                            Don't win group -> Japan -> China/South Korea -> Australia

Palestine/Iraq is such an inferior side compared to the others that I'd say it's vital we play to win with our strongest side. If they want a rest, tell them to wrap it up by HT against UAE so that we can throw on some part-timers for the second half. And all that whilst ignoring the huge fact that that Australia Semi-Final on Australia Day (in the 80K Sydney stadium) will be a massive occasion.

Comment

no....no

Comment

Working...
                              X