Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Tehranto,

You make some valid points and I commend your courage for taking a controversial stance.

Since, South Korea beat Australia, and topped their group, that threw off our predicted knockout stage opposition drastically.

Now, if we top our group, this would be our finals route:

Quarterfinals - Iraq
    Semifinals - South Korea

If we get second in our group, this would be our finals route:

Quarterfinals - Japan
    Semifinals - Australia

Clearly, we'd have an easier finals route if we top our group. This introduces new significance to the UAE match, making a win vital and playing with our A-team a must.
    Thanks for your comments,

I know the match is critical. I did mention that our B-team has as well of a chance to beat the UAE team as a fatigued A-team, while this would not be the case if we face Japan, Australia, Korea or even Iraq (who play different than other Arab teams).

So I made the post with a victory in mind

Comment

Rest whomever is complaining and let them watch the quarter final from the bench if their sub for the UAE game plays better than them.

You shouldn't be tired by game 3 in the Asian Cup...
      "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Also, won't CQ bench both Hajsafi and Shojaei, who are sitting on yellows? If so, we'll have two huge gaps in our starting lineup which could be replaced by Ansarifard and Rafiei, respectively.

Comment

Comment

Haji Agha much easier to replace. Shojaee on the other hand, has proved his experience helps the team even though his performance not always as expected.

Comment

Working...
            X