Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some interesting facts about the Route to the final...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting facts about the Route to the final...

Source: http://www.afcasiancup.com/schedule/en/
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

interesting facts! although historically we have shown whenever we are under pressure and time constraint we have performed better than anticipated. Remember QF 2004 vs south Korea, Iran had to travel a long distance to some Chinese town with flight delays and little time to rest (and if i remember correctly the team slept in the airport), yet we came out in full force and showed arguably one of the best performances of our recent history. Of course because it happened once years ago doesn't mean we can cope this time around, just that the Iranian mentality and gheirat always plays a factor when it comes to situations like this.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
      Fifa is corrupt and the groups are determined by Fifa before the ballot draws. The ballot draws are just a trick show.

Why ?

Beacause of maximum profit and politics. And even after the draws they make change so that they get what they want. We have seen it so many times.

E.x France WC ballot seeding change 2014 , For Iran they changed their rules of the minimum time of days resting when traveling between continents for WCQ 2010. They changed the quarter finals draws after the ballot draw for Australia so that they would have the easiest route to the finals.

The list goes on..

Comment

Think you're reading waaay too much into this. The opposition is of far greater imnportance than which neutral venue we get and when our 1 day of extra rest will be used and for that reason, it's fairly obvious that winning the group would provide us with the best opportunity of advancing to the Semis.

Win group -> Iraq -> Australia/South Korea -> Japan
        Don't win group -> Japan -> China/South Korea -> Australia

It's basically replacing having to face a top tier Asian side with Iraq who we should beat relatively easily.

Comment

MR.S IS right, this is everytime the same. i remember all what he is referring to.

but it is not FIFA only, it is the choice of host nation to do what they want to do....they organize and make it the most easiest way for themselves and hardest for the opponents....
          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
          sigpic

-

Comment

Saeed_Noro

So what are you saying ???

Is it better for us to become second in the group ?????

Comment

we better get top of the group, cause japan might get knock out if they lose, also we play iraq is better, when we play australia will be good we will have easily 30k iranian in stadium. we have to play every good team any ways so make no different.

Comment

The Iranian support in Australia has been so good. I heard from many commentators and Aussie football fans here that they were very impressed by our crowd.
                Despite us having half the crowd that Australia had in the stadium we were more noisy .
                THe most complete team so far has been Australia without doubt and I don't think we can beat them in a fair match, they are physically so much more superior than TM and their passing is better. I do hope TM can improve their team play though and prove me wrong.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  Saeed_Noro

So what are you saying ???

Is it better for us to become second in the group ?????
                  No better definitely to become first place. the only disadvantage is if Korea advances to semifinal, they have best of resting time.
                  sigpic

-

Comment

Here's another interesting fact:

Since the 16 team format was introduced in 2004, only 2 teams had ever finished the group stage with 9 points - Uzbekistan in 2004 and Iran in 2011.

There are possibly and likely going to be 3 or 4 teams that finish with 9 points this time. This just goes to show that the gap in Asian football between the stronger and weaker teams is actually growing!

Comment

I find people talk to much about final. We only played 2 games, we have to focus on the 2 next matches before thinking about semi-final and final. I mean it is OK to see who who will meet in quarter of final, but already thinking about who we will meet in semi final is going too much. Step by step

No need to do too much calculation, we need a win on the next game anyway asian cup or not. Cannot imagine TM entering the pitch to draw or lose a game.

Comment

Working...
                      X