Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran's goal vs. UAE. Offside or not. See the video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a great call from the Japanese linesman. Really, it's a call that could give someone second guesses. The Australian commentator even paused for a moment after announcing the goal to see what the linesman would decide. I think everyone held their breath for a moment right after the goal lol

The AR deserves a medal, these kinds of decisions get called mistaken all the time.

Comment

it was a 50-50 call.

Nekonam was marginally offside and ref could have judged him interfering with play

Gucci was onside all day

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
        I CAN HONESYTLY SAY THAT IF IT WAS AN ARAB REF, HE WOULD HAVE CALLED IT OFFSIDE , WITHOUT HESITATION!! It clearly wasn't, but a ref that is instructed to have Iran out would have called it! TM has suffered many trophies due to such close calls going the other way!!
        A great example of this is when we scored against Brazil and the Arab linesman called a perfectly legitimate goal offside.

Comment

Gucci was onside by a mile and Nekounam was at worst case inline with the last defender.

How could the OP call this offside is mind boggling.

Comment

This picture shows exactly when the ball is kicked by Ando. Note the defender's trailing leg and compare to the 6 yard line and Nekoo. His trailing leg kept Nekoo onside. Gucci is way onside.

FYI, per FIFA rule book:
            "Consideration should be given to any part of the head, body or feet of the attacker .... For the purposes of this decision, the arms are not considered to be part of the body."
            So feet are part of the body, and the defenders trailing foot is clearly behind Nekoo's body (even if it were on the same line as Nekoo, Nekoo is still onside.)

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
              Am I missing something? Everyone is talking about whether Gucci was offsides, which he obviously wasn't. I thought the question was whether Nekounam was involved in the play, since he did go for a header. And if he was, whether he was offsides. I think thats a much closer call.
              It is offside because when the exact moment the ball was played, Nekounam was in offside position and he was involved in the play as he rose to head the ball and missed it.
              However, if it is not called offside by the ref right then and there, then it is not offside.
              False call is part of the game and hence the goal stands.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSoccer View Post
                It is offside because when the exact moment the ball was played, Nekounam was in offside position and he was involved in the play as he rose to head the ball and missed it.
                However, if it is not called offside by the ref right then and there, then it is not offside.
                Look at the picture I posted in one message above yours. Nekoo was onside.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSoccer View Post
                  Let's say Nekounam was standing in "offside" position, still it couldn't have been offside because he simply did not interfere with anything or anyone! Neither the UAE gk was anywhere near, nor were any defenders.

If the gk was about to punch the cross away, or there was a defender jumping trying to head the ball and due to Nekounam's presence they could not reach the ball and Reza headed it in, then yes Nekounam would have interfered and thus would be offside. But in this case, this was a 100% correct goal!
                  Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

guys, we scored, who cares about the rest, I really hope it was an offside goal (which it wasn't), so UAE will be burning even more

Comment

Working...
                    X