Hajsafi
    Dejagah
    Ghoochannejad
    Ando

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
      my vote is for Younus Mahmood .... I hope he takes all the penalties

Comment

If it goes to PK, I'll be very comfortable knowing we got haghighi in the net.

Comment

Taking a penalty is more mental than physical. For this reason, penalty takers are quite streaky. CQ should select those who have shown good ability in latest practice, but also a steely resolve and composure under pressure. I would say Nekounam, Gucci and Dejagah seem to be ideal choices. I would round out the top 5 with Azmoun and Hajsafi.

Comment

start from 15 seconds in

Comment

Ebrahimi is good at them but doubt he'll be on the field.
              sigpic ABIETEH

Comment

1-hosseini
                2-hajsafi
                3-dejagah
                4-shojaei/ando
                5-nekounam

Comment

1- Hajsafi
                  2- Ando
                  3- Dejagah
                  4- Gucci
                  5- Nekounam

Comment

The penalty strike came again

The two left-footers missed (Hajsafi and Amiri). I'm surprised Gucci didn't take one.

All 6 penalties we scored were really good,dameshun garm.
                    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

As much as it hurts, losing to a team that their players are barely IPL quality (very few of them are), due to a biasef ref, is incredibly devastating.
                      But I think contrary to what many believes, our team had practiced penalties, anyone notice how all of our penalties, except for Amiri's, were aimed at the top corners?

Comment

I have a tactical questions...please do not take this as a criticism of anyone. As a youth coach myself, I always prefer to have my strongest PK or players take the first penalty or penalties. I always feel that if we start with a bang and score our first 2 or 3 that puts immense pressure on the opponent, and if they have missed any initially, relieves the pressure on us. Am I wrong about this? I have noticed as in the Iraq match, Nekounam did not shoot first. If Nekounam had shot first, would the pressure have been upped on the Iraqi team as opposed to Hajsafi's miss?

The other point to this discussion is purely strategic, in that if you leave your best taker to shoot last, he/she may not even get a chance to shoot if you have already missed enough to lose within the first 5 kickers...anybody have any thoughts on this? Am I missing something other coaches seem to see?

Ill be honest, the 2 youth teams I have coached in years past only went to PK's 4 times in 6 years, and we never lost one on PK. Granted this is youth level (U-17) and nothing nearly on the scale of national teams.
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          I always prefer to have my strongest PK or players take the first penalty or penalties. I always feel that if we start with a bang and score our first 2 or 3 that puts immense pressure on the opponent
                          Taking the first and last penalty is usually the hardest and if Nekunam had missed our first penalty it would have put a lot more pressure in our boys. There's no guarantee that our best players would score their penalties all the time.

If I was a goal keeper though, I would always jump in the right direction only since the chances are 3 out of 5 players would shoot in that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by amingp3 View Post
                            Taking the first and last penalty is usually the hardest and if Nekunam had missed our first penalty it would have put a lot more pressure in our boys. There's no guarantee that our best players would score their penalties all the time.

If I was a goal keeper though, I would always jump in the right direction only since the chances are 3 out of 5 players would shoot in that direction.
                            Fair enough, but who has been our most consistent PK taker over the years? Who takes in game PK where the pressure one might argue is even higher than shooting out of 5? Chances of Nekounam missing are significantly less than Hajsafi given how much experience Nekounam has taking critical TM PKs? I guess you can look at it either way, but i would rather give Nekounam the first PK rather than pray we have a 5th and he gets a shot at taking one...

Comment

Hajsafi's penalty was horrible. Who winds up like that to shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Hajsafi's penalty was horrible. Who winds up like that to shoot?
                                So with that in mind, best shooter first or last?

Comment

Working...
                                X