Still waiting for CQ to convince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE WAYlady luck must be on hyper drive to ensure the above wish being fulfilled.

Oh man, you just don't give up on your CQ antagonism do you?

Comment

Guys i recommend you not to read this whole thing its bunch of mambo jambo.... this guy has clearly nothing else to do

Comment

ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS?

Comment

So you disappear for three months and decide to show up to bring back one of your world class contributions?

Thats none of my business, but to respond to your analysis.
          To say that we haven't achieved anything under CQ in four years is a crime.
          I've never seen TM this tactically organized. Have you?
          I've never seen TM play with such gheyrat and passion. Have you?
          I've never seen TM be so disciplined on and OFF the field. Have you?
          I've never seen TM actually execute set pieces according to a tactic. Forget that, I've never seen TM play to a certain tactic and execute it, atleast partially. Have you?

CQ is realistic and knows our potential and limitations. This so-called UAE team that you call freaking UAE is one of the most harmonious teams in Asia at this moment..and we shut them out completely. In the last 20 years that I watched TM play, I've never felt so comfortable knowing that we have a rock solid defense.

Had we kept a vatani coach, we would have been doomed before the AC started. You must be joking, do you think a vatani coach would resist this much pressure from IFF/players/hashiyeh etc? Do you prefer preparation camps in Kish and Azerbaijan as opposed to Portugal and South Africa?

This is a long tournament, its not a battle, its a war, its a marathon. Expecting your players to play 90 minutes every 3 days is impossible, even for players like Ronaldo and Messi. Shojaei/Hajsafi has a yellow card, Sardar had been more in form than Gucci, Dejagah has tired legs who loses gas after 60 minutes. My only quarrel with CQ at this point is his inclusion of the useless Heydari.

As for our tactics...this is our potential. In the last three games, there were two goalscoring opportunities...one when Jaycee John volleyed it and Haghighi saved, and the other was in the first half against Qatar where they had a free header. Two chances in 270 minutes? We shut them down and pounced on individual errors to score. Setpieces were worked on, for such a world class analyst as yourself, I'm surprised that you didn't notice that CQ's tactic on setpieces is second ball recovery where Hajsafi and Ghafouri plant back behind the box to whip it back in to catch the defenders off guard.

What about Ando's interceptions/Nekounam's clamping down on AbdulRahman? Is there no tactic to that? When Reza/Sardar are left pressuring the last defender, do you not notice Ando sprinting forward to force a play and then back to his position with discipline to force the last player to either boot it or lose it? Surely, that just must be instinct.

Bottom line, we have work to do on attack... but that is because we are stuck without a natural CAM to move the ball around . We had no preparation going into this tournament and I hope we will only get better as the tournament progresses in this area.

In fact, a semi-final appearance should be our expectation. Anything additional is a bonus.

Finally, There is no such thing as luck when you employ the same tactics and are on an 11 game winning streak against Asian teams. Surely, lady luck doesn't strike 11 games in a row.

We played entertaining football or free flowing football before CQ for 20 years and no results came out of it...maybe this time we may have something in the works.

If it takes a defensive approach with tactical organization and discipline to win, then i'll take it.
          Last edited by CHaMiLLionaire; 01-19-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

yes we didn't play attractive and saw some ali asghari moments, but our goals were result of a clear strategy and plan. second balls from set pieces were lethal.
            Without any doubt CQ has worked on it.
            Hajsafi's goal was almost copy paste of his goal against T&T.
            Is it not convincing to remain unbeaten in Asia?

Comment

Doctor Doom, you do have a point. We didn't look convincing in our matches except for a portion of the Bahrain game. Qatar played poorly against UAE, but hardly ever does against us. Again, this is because Iran is their #1 enemy and they would put their lives on the line to give us a hard time( and if they are African, they are paid to do so).

This UAE side has played together for about 8 years now. They are essentially a club. It's not hard to realize why their passing was so crisp and they understood each others positioning. Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun have never played with each other before this game, which is why their passing was off. AbdulRahman could barely get the ball in the first 30 minutes of the game because we held UAE to passing between their CB's that entire time. In order to exert our influence in the game, we would need Nekounam/Teimourian/Shojaei/Hajsafi to play higher up the field.

We can't scrutinize every goal we score. If Gucci scored his header vs. Nigeria, If Bahrain didn't score an own goal in the previous match, if Messi missed his shot etc. These things don't matter because what's past is past. Azizi got lucky against Marc Bosnich when he scored to make it 2-2. The ball bounced at the exact right moment. Should we have belittled TM's performance then?

I have more trust in CQ when it comes to knockout phases. Defense wins championships and we have the tools to pull of an upset AC cup victory. Cohesion is all we need.

Comment

You need to a see a shrink my friend.

Comment

What people fail to understand is that we dont even deserve to have the current success (in terms of results)
                  Lets face it we are a team with no star like AK8, Daei or Mahdavikia and ... Our preparation for this tournament has been
                  nothing short of a disaster. I understand that some of our players might have a good future like Sardar and JB but they
                  are no where near an at least mid table top European league.
                  we played couple of shitty friendlies when all our opponents have had well over ten friendlies. There is no way
                  you can produce a dynamic attacking football with that sort of preparation and talent pool. I think CQ has been very smart
                  about how to turn what was in his disposal to a team that gets results. We park the bus and have a very solid defense and
                  rely on counters and set pieces or our young speedy forwards to score. This might not be what we want to see but
                  I think it is the only way that we might advance to the semis and final.

Comment

he can convince if we win the Asian cup for the first time in 39 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      THE WAYlady luck must be on hyper drive to ensure the above wish being fulfilled.
                      Rud Van Nistelrooy Recap of Iran vs Argentina: Under which Vatani coach did we have a famous football player state that our team has earned a lot of respect on national television? Also you must remember our country has been under tough economic sanctions which have resulted in much less funds for our football. As a result our preparations have been limited, but even against these odds CQ has been able to bring our national team to international spot light and deliver results. http://youtu.be/si2cSltWZVU

Comment

lets not forget

Comment

utter shit this game was. one of the worst iran games ever we are so lucky to get out with a win. also it appeared that the player offside did cause an interference with the goalie even though he did not touch the ball and gucci was onside. i ve seen better football watching the cauliflower league. the excitement and trash talking of the fans in this thread is even more cauliflower than the cauliflower football i just watched. i might have to watch the bumble bees play in the next peewee game just to forget about this one.

Comment

yea thats a good idea. I think you should stick to watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by alaph View Post
                              ZERO SHOTS ON GOAL! DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS?

i agree,some people here only see possesion, they had zero chances on goal that all i care about nothing else

Comment

Working...
                              X