No announcement yet.

Project: AFC = Asian Football Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, anyone knows for sure how much "deliberation" the AFC did when they ejected our Omid team or Sepahan? was it as long as this iraqi doping one?
    I seriously doubt it.
    maybe that can be highlighted as how quick and trigger happy the AFC was when iran was on the recieving end, and how they dragged their feet and had three rounds of deliberation on a matter as straight forward as doping.

Comment

In the case of the Iranian Olympic team being awarded a 3-0 loss to Iraq where we won 1-0, it was due to the complete incompetency of the Iranian Football Federation

Right before the second leg in Tehran IFF notified our players that they have lost the first leg right before the second leg. We lost the second leg 5-0 because our team completely fell apart.

Mansourian was fuming and even notified CQ about this:

Comment

BTW, the focus of any work should not be to go after AFC as taking the entire confederation head on would be counterproductive IMHO.

It would be more effective to split this into an "us and them" issue and focus on the very imbalanced and disproportionate influence of Arabs in the confederation. Doing it that way, it will be easier to muster support from non-Iranians IMHO. On that note, a "campaign" name such as "AFC 4 All Asians" may be more meaningful.

With that said, here are some FACTS to take into account in addition to my above post:

* For 11 of the past 13 years, the AFC presidency has gone to two Arab countries!

* Those two countries are among the 7 smallest members of the confederation and the two smallest who take part in regular competitions in Asia - their combined population is smaller than the 50th most populated CITY in Asia.

* The federations of both of those countries have been accused of match-fixing and/or serious corruption.

* The president in charge of the confederation for 9 of those 13 years was banned by FIFA twice for conflicts of interest and has been marred in a serious corruption scandal.

Arab countries represent 3.5% of Asia's population, but...

* 25% of its membership (and voting rights)!

* Held its presidency 85% of the time in the past 13 years!

* Hosted 50% of its last 10 tournaments since the Cup was expanded (soon to be 55% of its last 9 tournaments)!

* Held 45% of officiating spots for Asian Cup 2015 (up 9% from 2011)!

* Officiated 42% of group stage matches in Asian Cup 2015!

* Are the only nations to host the tournament twice since the cup's expansion in 1980!

The 4 Arab countries who hosted 50% of the Asian Cup since its expansion:

* Have a 5.8% share of Asia's GDP (vs. 95% for the non-Arab countries who hosted the tournament)

* Have a 0.5% share of Asia's population! (vs. 45% for the non-Arab countries who hosted the tournament)

* Have a 0.3% share of of Asia's landmass! (vs. 47% for the non-Arab countries who hosted the tournament)

* Had a single appearance in the WC (vs. 5 for non-Arab teams) and 2 appearances in the final four of the Asian Cup (vs. 9 for non-Arab hosts) at the time they hosted the tournament and a single appearance in the WC (vs. 5) and the final 4 of the Asian Cup (vs. 4) since the completion of the tournament. In other words, hosting the tournament (the only other possible justification) in no way led to further development of football in those countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
          Now here is Task #2:

Description:
          In order to make clear what this page is about, we need a classy and well written text. Once we have it in English, we can translate it in other languages as well and make it more international - I think we have enough members here being able to help with the translation.

Points that need to be mentioned for example:

- this is a project/page started by Iranians on PFDC, biggest Iranian football forum.
          - the reason for this page, our goal/aim
          - maybe short review of AFC's corruption scandals

Just to give you guys an Idea.

Task #3:

Profile Photo!
          These might be little details, but trust me - they are more important than you think.
          Task #4:
          Formerly known as Persianking!
          Follow me @
          instagram/iranscout
          instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Blame everything on this regime and the incompetent fools that run our country! AFC is just exploiting this incompetency!! DO you think this will ever happen under the Shah or any other civilized educated, human govt! Sadly, We are run by Monkeys!! ( not even apes!) our IFF are a bunch of Banana eating monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              BTW, the focus of any work should not be to go after AFC as taking the entire confederation head on would be counterproductive IMHO.

It would be more effective to split this into an "us and them" issue and focus on the very imbalanced and disproportionate influence of Arabs in the confederation. Doing it that way, it will be easier to muster support from non-Iranians IMHO. On that note, a "campaign" name such as "AFC 4 All Asians" may be more meaningful.

With that said, here are some FACTS to take into account in addition to my above post:

* For 11 of the past 13 years, the AFC presidency has gone to two Arab countries!

* Those two countries are among the 7 smallest members of the confederation and the two smallest who take part in regular competitions in Asia - their combined population is smaller than the 50th most populated CITY in Asia.

* The federations of both of those countries have been accused of match-fixing and/or serious corruption.

* The president in charge of the confederation for 9 of those 13 years was banned by FIFA twice for conflicts of interest and has been marred in a serious corruption scandal.

Arab countries represent 3.5% of Asia's population, but...

* 25% of its membership (and voting rights)!

* Held its presidency 85% of the time in the past 13 years!

* Hosted 50% of its last 10 tournaments since the Cup was expanded (soon to be 55% of its last 9 tournaments)!

* Held 45% of officiating spots for Asian Cup 2015 (up 9% from 2011)!

* Officiated 42% of group stage matches in Asian Cup 2015!

* Are the only nations to host the tournament twice since the cup's expansion in 1980!

The 4 Arab countries who hosted 50% of the Asian Cup since its expansion:

* Have a 5.8% share of Asia's GDP (vs. 95% for the non-Arab countries who hosted the tournament)

* Have a 0.5% share of Asia's population! (vs. 45% for the non-Arab countries who hosted the tournament)

* Have a 0.3% share of of Asia's landmass! (vs. 47% for the non-Arab countries who hosted the tournament)

* Had a single appearance in the WC (vs. 5 for non-Arab teams) and 2 appearances in the final four of the Asian Cup (vs. 9 for non-Arab hosts) at the time they hosted the tournament and a single appearance in the WC (vs. 5) and the final 4 of the Asian Cup (vs. 4) since the completion of the tournament. In other words, hosting the tournament (the only other possible justification) in no way led to further development of football in those countries.
              baaah shoma ke paak ridi be afc raft...

Comment

I called it long before:

Asian Federation of Corrupts (AFC)

Regardless of the name though, thanks for making this sticky.

GET OUT OF AFC ...
                sigpic
                SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                IRAN
                - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Now here is Task #2:

Description:
                  In order to make clear what this page is about, we need a classy and well written text. Once we have it in English, we can translate it in other languages as well and make it more international - I think we have enough members here being able to help with the translation.

Points that need to be mentioned for example:
                  - this is a project/page started by Iranians on PFDC, biggest Iranian football forum.
                  - the reason for this page, our goal/aim
                  - maybe short review of AFC's corruption scandals
                  Just to give you guys an Idea.

Task #3:
                  Profile Photo!
                  These might be little details, but trust me - they are more important than you think.
                  Task #4:
                  Task #5:

Continue to post enough material - photos,memes,caricatures, gifs,videos... or collect facts like Bi-honar did amazingly.
                  Follow me @
                  instagram/iranscout

Comment

Tribute to Al Williams

Follow me @
                    instagram/iranscout

Comment

I wonder why the African ref was immediately suspended after heavily influencing the outcome of a quarter final but neither Benny boy nor Talaat Najm in 2004 were.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                        I wonder why the African ref was immediately suspended after heavily influencing the outcome of a quarter final but neither Benny boy nor Talaat Najm in 2004 were.
                        You know the answer. As long as it goes against an Iranian team no serious action will be taken, that's the unwritten rule of AFC.
                        Follow me @
                        instagram/iranscout

Comment

That's how you show refs you can mess with Iran and won't get punished.

Comment

I posted this in another thread, but thought it may be appropriate to discuss it here as well as related to this topic:

Correct me if I'm wrong people, but isn't PFDC the largest / most popular English language forum for TM fans?

Is there any particular reason we can't have a direct line of communications with IFF or at least a representative there?

I know we blame the IFF for everything, but should we not as a group be doing our part to change things? Has anything like that ever been suggested to IFF and rejected?

There's obviously a certain advantage to IFF having a network of capable volunteers in every country, to do something as simple as translating documents into different languages, to doing the preliminary work on arranging friendlies, or even getting the ball rolling for player tryouts or discussions for players agents.

IFF is definitely suffering from some limitations, whether they're self-imposed or due to sanctions, can we not help alleviate some of these issues?!

Comment

The above is a brilliant thought and should definitely be considered seriously. The potential is huge on how much this community can incorporate itself into Football culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdii10
                                Lol, such whingers...
                                Piss off saddam.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X