No announcement yet.

Congrats South Korea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats South Korea, hope you win the final too.

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
      Who gives a shit about SK team. Six months ago we had the same nasty comments about them. Besides, what did Iraq do to deserve all this hate? Did they bribe the referee or the asshole AFC? No! Iraq is not Qatar. Their players and die hards fan are all crazy about their team. JUST LIKE US.

Besides, soccer is the only good thing happening in that country. The mainstream Iraqis do not deserve these comments.
      it's not a question of what the Iraqis have or have not done to us.

It's AFC understanding that allowing a crappy team to advance at the expense of a much better team, results in crappy matchups. Iraq losing to korea was predicted and had zero suspense. Was anyone really surprised that korea won? An Iran-Korea matchup with thousands of supporters from both sides would have been a toss up as to which team wins. That is the kind of game that people want to watch. An Iran-Australia matchup would have been amazing, and the ratings would have sky rocketed. Two countries with a past history and lots of drama with a huge population.

Unfortunately the people running AFC, are light years behind other sports organizations in packaging products.
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
        How are the Iraqis cheaters? Its not their fault the ref messed up. Iraq isn't scum like the rest of the arab countries you named.
        They always cheat. What they are best at!!

Comment

Well, Korea haven't won this tournament for longer than us (since 1960) and out of the 4 teams in the semis they're the ones that DEFINITELY didn't have anything to do with our loss (not to mention that we get to brag we beat the eventual champions 3 times in a row ), so I hope they win this tournament.

Had we gone out for any reason other than a biased Australian ref., I would have been okay with Australia winning it too, since it would have been their first time, but not after what happened.

Comment

Iraq did nothing wrong, just played their game and took advantage of an incompetent referee's decisions who ruined the hopes of a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              Well, Korea haven't won this tournament for longer than us (since 1960) and out of the 4 teams in the semis they're the ones that DEFINITELY didn't have anything to do with our loss (not to mention that we get to brag we beat the eventual champions 3 times in a row ), so I hope they win this tournament.

Had we gone out for any reason other than a biased Australian ref., I would have been okay with Australia winning it too, since it would have been their first time, but not after what happened.
              I wouldn't blame the loss on Australians. Many Australians were disgusted with Ibn Williams' call.

Between them and Korea, hope the best team wins.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                it's not a question of what the Iraqis have or have not done to us.

It's AFC understanding that allowing a crappy team to advance at the expense of a much better team, results in crappy matchups. Iraq losing to korea was predicted and had zero suspense. Was anyone really surprised that korea won? An Iran-Korea matchup with thousands of supporters from both sides would have been a toss up as to which team wins. That is the kind of game that people want to watch. An Iran-Australia matchup would have been amazing, and the ratings would have sky rocketed. Two countries with a past history and lots of drama with a huge population.

Unfortunately the people running AFC, are light years behind other sports organizations in packaging products.
                Yes but this is not new. In 2002, SK advanced by eliminating Spain and Italy with the most controversial refereeing EVER. Even with help of the 4 referees and and all physical assault SK finally lost to Turkey to take the 4th place.

Unless DIFA adopts for a (american) football type camera replay review, referee controversies are part of the game.
                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                  Iraq did nothing wrong, just played their game and took advantage of an incompetent referee's decisions who ruined the hopes of a nation.
                  - Kicked our goalie's arm maliciously
                  - Younis sprinted from the other end and pressure the referee to give a yellow card

Stop with this BS that they didn't do anything wrong.

Iran did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    - Younis sprinted from the other end and pressure the referee to give a yellow card
                    Iran did nothing wrong.
                    Yes, but we didn't lose the match because a some Iraqi's misbehaving here and there(which we've seen many times with our arab and even korean opponents)
                    If there was any other ref, we wouldn't be discussing about Iraqi players now.
                    do you really believe the second yellow would ve gone unnoticed till the end of the match? He gave the yellow and Younis reminded the ref that it was his second.
                    I agree Iran did nothing wrong.

Comment

I wouldn't blame the loss on Australians. Many Australians were disgusted with Ibn Williams' call.
                      Between them and Korea, hope the best team wins.
                      I don't know bro, but I don't suspect Australian FF had no role in or campaigning for Williams to ref. a 2nd game for us, particularly after a very one sided 1st game and CQ's criticism after that game.

But even if they're completely innocent, Williams' officiating was certainly biased toward throwing one of Australia's two challengers for the final out of this competition. Just for that, I hold Australia guilty by association! I know it's harsh, but I'm still PISSED!

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                        Yes, but we didn't lose the match because a some Iraqi's misbehaving here and there.
                        Our goalie took a MAJOR knock (intentional) at the 120th minute, looked beaten and disoriented during the penalties and didn't make a single save, including 3 real shitty penalties by the Iraqis. Can you say with certainty that we didn't lose the match because of that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                          Our goalie took a MAJOR knock (intentional) at the 120th minute, looked beaten and disoriented during the penalties and didn't make a single save, including 3 real shitty penalties by the Iraqis. Can you say with certainty that we didn't lose the match because of that?!
                          I'm not trying to deny that. I just want to say that the fate of this match was decided elsewhere.

Comment

Iran did nothing wrong.
                            That is not really true. Younis (the captain of the opposition) only reminded the ref of Pouladi's second yellow - This is something we would have done. I still don't think Iraq did anything unusual for a 1/4 final completion match. Again Iraq is not Qatar or Bahrain. We should not treat it as such.

In my book teams like TM or the Iraqi NT who come here despite all the shortcomings and problems, should be praised for their achievements. We have as much to do with Japan and SK as fish do with sunflower. We were doomed before Iraq game - just check the state of our NT, the likes of IFF, GN, MK, and IRI as whole. We shouldn't burry our heads in the sand and blame the pity challenges.
                            .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Great job Korea on moving on to the finals bt bAustralia will win the whole thing

Comment

Some of us have lived through 8 years of war. Others have only heard about it.
                                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X