Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What would you like to see improve in TM going forward under CQ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The question is self-explanatory. Multiple options are allowed. Your answers are public but please don't be shy!

The main premise of the poll is that CQ will remain as the head coach of TM and that there is always room for improvement for everything and everyone. So, if you don't believe either of those two things to be true, please don't derail the thread.

The main purpose of the poll is to come together and form a picture of areas that TM could potentially improve in (a wish list if you will). This is meant to be a constructive critique of TM as a whole, so please keep negativity out of this thread. Otherwise all discussions are welcome.

I have left a few spots in the poll open, for additional ideas that may be suggested through the responses in this thread. Thank you all in advance for participating.
    More quality friendlies (teams ranked 50 and up)
    0%
    More focus on increasing TM fitness levels
    0%
    A more positive look on TM, status and players, as well as more upbeat comments re: our chances
    0%
    More scouting of IPL players
    0%
    More pressing when defending
    0%
    Committing more players to offense when attacking
    0%
    Use of more offensive formations such as 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 against weaker teams
    0%
    Faster phase-out of our older players (as opposed to a more gradual one)
    0%
    Private sponsorship of friendlies by fans including tickets and gala/photo events with players
    0%
    More player rotations during tournaments
    0%
    More positivity and support from fans
    0%
    Use of our "B" teams against weaker teams in friendlies & early stages of qualification
    0%
    An experienced and more permanant Iranian assistant coach
    0%
    A mascot and/or trained cheering cadre for fans
    0%
    Active search for more corporate sponsorships by IFF
    0%

so many frigin options! lol

Comment

2 forwrads Gucci and Sardar play together
      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

We definately need better friendlies, and we need to work on our transition to attack
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

ps so happy CQ is staying
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

More positivity and support from fans - this is all I want. We all saw what happened when PFDC finally united for once, we can rise again only if we are one. Together, we're strong.

Comment

iran need friendlies, we need to play well together, friendlies can do that

Comment

Before AC I wanted him to inject some youth but he did that already during AC. Our transition to attack needs to be faster but it is not change more of a practice thing.
                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

I would have chosen quality friendlies against teams ranked 50 or better but quite honestly that isn't his problem, that's much more on the federation than on him.

I have wanted to see a legit Iranian manager as his assistant more than anything. Not that I think a good Iranian will offer anything of special value to CQ but rather so that he can learn from CQ and be a potential take over....for example mansourian, golmo, EZ, etc.

Hopefully CQ stays, I don't see a bright future any other way. The way TM played vs Iraq Left my speechless and in tears, I can't say any other manager has instilled this much gheyrat and love in the players
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

i think before we decide cq is best maybe we should consider other options as well. i like cq as much as the next guy but he has had 4 or more years with the team now, how much more can he give our football? is he worth the money at this point? who else is available and what can they add? over all cq is a result oriented coach. his tactics and strength is in analyzing and getting results.he has done a great job putting in a great system with lots of new talent emerging, question is can he take us to the next level or do we need a different person to build on what cq has done?
                    Last edited by hzv; 01-26-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

4-1-3-2 System with Ando, without Nekounam, with Gucci and Sardar together.
                      Iran U.28 participate in League
                      Iranian palling of the shirt as an official mascot with TM going everywhere, in iran and outside, in the stadium for kids and fans, and cheer and celebrate with team when we score!
                      more Friendlies - Top30 only.
                      more european legionairs.
                      more middlefield pressing and defensive pressing
                      more ball possession, we are technical, in the past it was us having the ball
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

How about an active search on more Legionnaires? We saw what Azmoun was capable of with his young age and experience at a foreign club. I say let's get more players. No matter what their league is in.

Comment

Definitely an improvement in attack transition. Right now we have a solid defensive foundation and this should be taught to everyone who joins a TM camp so our defenders for the next 10 years will be as solid. We need to get fresher player faces into the game in order to really speed up the pace of our play. Shojaei should probably step aside in the next 1-2 years from TM as he will slow down even more. We have the opportunity to become the "Chelsea" of Asia. I'n not a fan of the team, but they are very well drilled in defense and counter like lightning. If we had this approach against Qatar(where they put 5-6 players in our box waiting for long balls) we could have won 5/6-0 against with our counters. What makes it difficult for Asian teams to score on a counterattacking team is their poor technical ability(Esp Persian Gulf nations) and their reliance on counters themselves. If we can keep our defensive workrate and produce a playmaker with speed we can become a nightmare in Asia.

We need to invest elsewhere for friendlies. There are many "ignored" nations in football, that we could have quality friendlies. We dont need to play Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc to become good teams. Friendlies cost money but if we move beyond our immediate borders, we can find decent opposition to give our players a test. Armenia, Turkey, Russia, Georgia, Uzbekistan, China are examples of teams that are much stronger than the Arab teams and that can prepare us for games against stronger opposition. We can try and dip into the North Africa pool of teams and play Algeria/Morocco. To the south, teams like Mali,Senegal,Nigeria should be followed for friendlies in Tehran. I believe if we were to reserve one eastern european/african team every FIFA date our football quality would go 2 levels above and we could see passing fluidity such as that of Korea/Japan.

PHYSICAL FITNESS. CQ has given us the most fit team in the history of our TM. Someone needs to write down these regiments and continue them for years to come. Our talent pool may go up and down in future decades but a team that is fit will always be in the running against any team in the world. Using just physicality we tied Nigeria and almost tied Argentina, even with imperfect counterattack form. If we have friendlies with eastern european/African nations we could develop a passing game that would allow us to take teams like Bosnia head on in future world cups with an equal physicality.

I want a chat from CQ to players about priorities when it comes to club employment. We should not have players in any Arab team unless it is of the best quality(Champions league winning level). It's hard for our players to acclimate due to the strong family value presence in Iran, but we need to explore playing in leagues such as the A-league,K-league, and J-league. These are leagues with decent players and scouts from around the world. IPL is (despite what many think) stronger than it is given credit for. If our players want lucrative contracts, let them settle in Iran instead of Arab countries. The quality of our league will go up. Following this league model, we can see that Iranian players should either attempt to play in Europe, East Asia, or in Iran. This way our players will have less troubles with being released for international duty then if they play for a country's league that openly despises us. Our physical players can develop in leagues such as the RussianLeague/Football Championship in England. Our technical players need to go to leagues in Spain/Netherlands/Germany if they can manage to get that far. Our defenders need to play against non-Iranian opposition frequently to acclimate themselves with different attacking formations. Italy would be the best for this as it is the greatest place to create Centrebacks.

My final suggestion(which will not happen due to selfish vatani coaches in Iran) is the establishment of youth league in Iran I know that regulations have been passed before, but many coaches like GN for example play older players to win a quick championship than actually establish a basis in the team. If IFF can expand its scouting in neglected areas of the country we can recruit the best youth players in Iran and make a foundation for years to come. Incorporating these youth players into the activities of the senior players(side by side locker rooms, joint coach discussions etc) will allow these players to transition from youth player to professional quickly.
                          In conclusion, we rely too much on individual talent. We need to establish a level of football that is consistently decent in Asia and then expand beyond the continent. In my opinion the only games we play with Persian Gulf Countries should be organized tournaments or qualifiers. The friendlies mentioned above, combined with a youth league and physical fitness standards will make us a strong force. We need to play those friendlies to practice our counter attack game since it is difficult to do so in games where Asian teams waste time by grassrolling.

Hopefully we can accomplish 50% of the above, and if we do, we can become a dynasty in Asia, and alongside Japan, the only team to have a shot at advancing in the World cup Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                            Definitely an improvement in attack transition. Right now we have a solid defensive foundation and this should be taught to everyone who joins a TM camp so our defenders for the next 10 years will be as solid. We need to get fresher player faces into the game in order to really speed up the pace of our play. Shojaei should probably step aside in the next 1-2 years from TM as he will slow down even more. We have the opportunity to become the "Chelsea" of Asia. I'n not a fan of the team, but they are very well drilled in defense and counter like lightning. If we had this approach against Qatar(where they put 5-6 players in our box waiting for long balls) we could have won 5/6-0 against with our counters. What makes it difficult for Asian teams to score on a counterattacking team is their poor technical ability(Esp Persian Gulf nations) and their reliance on counters themselves. If we can keep our defensive workrate and produce a playmaker with speed we can become a nightmare in Asia.

We need to invest elsewhere for friendlies. There are many "ignored" nations in football, that we could have quality friendlies. We dont need to play Brazil, Argentina, Spain etc to become good teams. Friendlies cost money but if we move beyond our immediate borders, we can find decent opposition to give our players a test. Armenia, Turkey, Russia, Georgia, Uzbekistan, China are examples of teams that are much stronger than the Arab teams and that can prepare us for games against stronger opposition. We can try and dip into the North Africa pool of teams and play Algeria/Morocco. To the south, teams like Mali,Senegal,Nigeria should be followed for friendlies in Tehran. I believe if we were to reserve one eastern european/african team every FIFA date our football quality would go 2 levels above and we could see passing fluidity such as that of Korea/Japan.

PHYSICAL FITNESS. CQ has given us the most fit team in the history of our TM. Someone needs to write down these regiments and continue them for years to come. Our talent pool may go up and down in future decades but a team that is fit will always be in the running against any team in the world. Using just physicality we tied Nigeria and almost tied Argentina, even with imperfect counterattack form. If we have friendlies with eastern european/African nations we could develop a passing game that would allow us to take teams like Bosnia head on in future world cups with an equal physicality.

I want a chat from CQ to players about priorities when it comes to club employment. We should not have players in any Arab team unless it is of the best quality(Champions league winning level). It's hard for our players to acclimate due to the strong family value presence in Iran, but we need to explore playing in leagues such as the A-league,K-league, and J-league. These are leagues with decent players and scouts from around the world. IPL is (despite what many think) stronger than it is given credit for. If our players want lucrative contracts, let them settle in Iran instead of Arab countries. The quality of our league will go up. Following this league model, we can see that Iranian players should either attempt to play in Europe, East Asia, or in Iran. This way our players will have less troubles with being released for international duty then if they play for a country's league that openly despises us. Our physical players can develop in leagues such as the RussianLeague/Football Championship in England. Our technical players need to go to leagues in Spain/Netherlands/Germany if they can manage to get that far. Our defenders need to play against non-Iranian opposition frequently to acclimate themselves with different attacking formations. Italy would be the best for this as it is the greatest place to create Centrebacks.

My final suggestion(which will not happen due to selfish vatani coaches in Iran) is the establishment of youth league in Iran I know that regulations have been passed before, but many coaches like GN for example play older players to win a quick championship than actually establish a basis in the team. If IFF can expand its scouting in neglected areas of the country we can recruit the best youth players in Iran and make a foundation for years to come. Incorporating these youth players into the activities of the senior players(side by side locker rooms, joint coach discussions etc) will allow these players to transition from youth player to professional quickly.
                            In conclusion, we rely too much on individual talent. We need to establish a level of football that is consistently decent in Asia and then expand beyond the continent. In my opinion the only games we play with Persian Gulf Countries should be organized tournaments or qualifiers. The friendlies mentioned above, combined with a youth league and physical fitness standards will make us a strong force. We need to play those friendlies to practice our counter attack game since it is difficult to do so in games where Asian teams waste time by grassrolling.

Hopefully we can accomplish 50% of the above, and if we do, we can become a dynasty in Asia, and alongside Japan, the only team to have a shot at advancing in the World cup Finals.
                            Very good post. I agree.

Comment

CQ is the king and who I am I to say anything but... If I would love to see Gucci and Sardar playing at the same time... a 4-4-2 with one of them dropping back little bit (Sardar) and Gucci taking the runs perhaps.
                              maa bachehaaye iroonim
                              hamishe irooni mimoonim
                              baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                              baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Working...
                              X