Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: What would you like to see improve in TM going forward under CQ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The friendlies are the biggest thing. Absolutely vital.

And a second thing is beginning to look at replacements for Ando, Nekou and Jalal. But again, this goes back to the point about friendlies.

If we're pulling out a Morteza Pouraliganji or Vouria Ghafouri out of our asses about 2 hours before a major tournament, just think of the possibilities if you give these people time and resources in the way of friendlies to source and develop more players.

Not sure about the calls for two upfront, yes, we have two great strikers but having two up-front is a fairly outdated system in modern football. If they're going to play together, Sardar would need to replace Masoud or one of the wide boys which he's not ideally suited to. Best to just enjoy the depth we have.

Comment

The two most important of all in the grand scheme of things, in my opinion are 1) Active search for more corporate sponsorship by IFF, and 2) Private sponsorship of friendlies by fans including tickets and gala/photo events with players. These are 2 steps that can help bring a lasting change to Iran's football, well after CQ is gone. TM's problems stem primarily from a lack of money and resources. CQ is the one man with enough international credibility and influence to help begin this process of turning TM with all of its popularity into a highly profitable organization.

My dream scenario would be that CQ coaches the team until after Asian Cup 2019, after which he would be installed in the newly created position of "Commissioner of IPL", similar to how that position works in American sports. A fair and transparent pro league overseen by a man with his qualities would pave the way for a stronger national team long after he has stepped away from the daily grind of coaching. I think he has earned enough respect and trust during his tenure in Iran that such a scenario isn't as unimaginable as it may have seemed only a few years ago.

Comment

I wish we could play 4-3-3 with with gucci azmoun and sharifi upfront but i guess our players dont really fit that formation.

Comment

I would like CQ to do a few things:

1) find a way for jahanbakhsh, dejagah, azmoun and gucci to play together at the same time on the field. or at least 3 of the 4. i'm pretty sure that 3/4 of these players have never been on the field together and frankly we can't afford that.

2) begin grooming ezatollahi to take Nekounam's spot. first step is to invite the kid!

3) cause more of our young players to go to Europe by a) using his contacts in Europe b) pressuring players to go

4) stop bickering with the league coaches. find a way to get them on TM's side so that they help instead of hurt TM.

5) help bring about fundamental foundational change in IFF.

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
            i think before we decide cq is best maybe we should consider other options as well. i like cq as much as the next guy but he has had 4 or more years with the team now, how much more can he give our football? is he worth the money at this point? who else is available and what can they add? over all cq is a result oriented coach. his tactics and strength is in analyzing and getting results.he has done a great job putting in a great system with lots of new talent emerging, question is can he take us to the next level or do we need a different person to build on what cq has done?
            it's not your money or mine, is it? so what are you worried about? if this isn't spent on CQ, it'll be wasted by IFF on something else or swallowed up by a corrupt official. We finally have a coach who for whatever reason is able to work well in Iran and has proven that with a little bit of luck we can accomplish great things.

Right now we have a talent drought in Iran. If over the next 2-3 years Ezatollahi, Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun and others become 1st-rate European stars, with a little bit of luck we can win the AC and go to 2nd round of WC. Continuity is a rare thing in asian football. I truly believe that 7-8 years of CQ will be overwhelmingly positive for us, not just now, but for generations to come.

If anything, CQ will result in more of our players going to Europe.

Comment

Poll: What would you like to see improve in TM going forward under CQ?!

Alireza Mansourian expects TM to drastically change by 2018, which means the complete take over of the new generation.

He also said that with all due respect to over 30 year olds in the team, they need to slowly start leaving the younger ones step in.

Mansourian also agrees completely with CQ staying.

Comment

I would like to see more friendlies. I would also like to see a change in formation. The current 4-5-1 isn't working for attack. Now that we quality strikers I want to see a 4-4-2 and I bet it will work. Or at least put a proper Navidkia/Karimi type play-maker in 4-2-3-1 so we can create more chances.

Comment

We need two great defensive backs to replace neko and Ando as they wil be old for WC2018.

Comment

I think we should arrange some friendlies ASAP in countries with a large Iranian Community where we can easily raise money through tickets sales and sponsors.

I would also like seeing Hashemian becoming assistant coach to CQ
                    United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
                      We need two great defensive backs to replace neko and Ando as they wil be old for WC2018.
                      I think teymourian would probably still be in the team, as he will be 34 by then. Right now it doesn't look like we have any up coming talents in that position. I always thought Hajsafi would fit well in that role
                      United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

It's interesting to see that private sponsorship of TM by fans has some support and I wonder why IFF has never formally considered this option. There is HUGE potential for revenue generation and very little downside.

Comment

Working...
                        X