No announcement yet.

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to score as many goals as possible and have a better goal difference than Saudi before the last game. In that case a draw would be enough to become group winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      Did we really needed JB and AZ for this game then?
      Probably not Kiarash jaan, but don't forget JB and Azmoun haven't played in any games with the rest of the team, so this game serves as preparation for our next game against Palestine (Group C winner and round of 16 Asian Games' participants) and our final game against Saudi Arabia (quarterfinalist at the Asian Games).

Like I said before, even Afghanistan can turn out to be a dark-horse in this group who had quite a few players available from European leagues (including 1st division Norway and Bundesliga youth team). I'm not sure what their final squad ended up looking like, but any team can spring a surprise at this age group.

And like 0404 said above, winning this group may very well come down to goal-difference, so a very strong start against Nepal is vital to TM Omid's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Still amazed how anyone can think prioritizing a youth team over the senior team against the will of the senior coach could be even close to sth like a good idea. And then for this u-23 that won't even get close to Olympics. No coach, no quality no funding.
        Trading the best coach we'll ever have for nothing.
        As am I still amazed how anyone can think one can even draw comparisons between two friendlies with no SERIOUS official TM game on sight for MONTHS can be more important than our national team's attempt to qualify for the Olympics after 40+ years!
        Mind boggling

Hell, I can't even imagine we have to explain the meaning of ''national interest'' to people at this day and age.
        Not to mention the immense impact qualifying for olympics will have on our football for many years to come. Compared to two friendlies where we'll surely park the bus and play the most unattractive football that generates absolutely no interest in anyone watching (except Iranian fans) so we could attempt to keep the stats a bit respectable for CQ
        Absolutely amazing!!

Comment

Lets say Iran will be the first team from this group. After this there will be more matches not a direct Olympic qualification which make sense. JB and SA should have gone to Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
            Probably not Kiarash jaan, but don't forget JB and Azmoun haven't played in any games with the rest of the team, so this game serves as preparation for our next game against Palestine (Group C winner and round of 16 Asian Games' participants) and our final game against Saudi Arabia (quarterfinalist at the Asian Games).

Like I said before, even Afghanistan can turn out to be a dark-horse in this group who had quite a few players available from European leagues (including 1st division Norway and Bundesliga youth team). I'm not sure what their final squad ended up looking like, but any team can spring a surprise at this age group.

And like 0404 said above, winning this group may very well come down to goal-difference, so a very strong start against Nepal is vital to TM Omid's chances.
            Good insight, in this case I agree with you.

Comment

In a good sign, the fans can get into the stadium for free to watch TM Omid games.

JB Interview @ TM Omid: http://www.varzesh3.com/news/?itemid...AF%D9%86%D8%AF

He says he's happy to join TM Omid and wishes he had been released a bit earlier to spend more time coordinating with the team. He's still tired from his game for NEC on Friday night, but hopes he can still give it 100% in the game tomorrow.

He continues that him and Sardar are soldiers of Iran and it's an honor for anyone to play for their country's team, doesn't matter if it's Omid or the full NT. He wishes that Iran's flag always flies as high as possible.

About CQ he says that he's a big coach and that he personally learned a lot from him and hopes that whatever happens it's best for Iran's football.

Comment

^ thank God these two youngsters (20 & 22 ) have more sense to recognize priority is Iran, than a whole lot of 30+ and 40+ persons who put an individual as theirs.
                .... or perhaps they do put Iran first pm the inside. But on the outside they have to show consistency in unconditional support of CQ even if at times it contradicts what their inner feelings dictate, so they show resilience and steadfastness in their stance!!!

Either of the two explanations.
                I don't know which is worse. I imagine the inner conflict may be creating havoc in their mind, which must be quite disturbing

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  ^ thank God these two youngsters (20 & 22 ) have more sense to recognize priority is Iran, than a whole lot of 30+ and 40+ persons who put an individual as theirs.
                  .... or perhaps they do put Iran first pm the inside. But on the outside they have to show consistency in unconditional support of CQ even if at times it contradicts what their inner feelings dictate, so they show resilience and steadfastness in their stance!!!
                  Either of the two explanations.
                  I don't know which is worse. I imagine the inner conflict may be creating havoc in their mind, which must be quite disturbing
                  Ye right! what do you expect them to say? Do you want them to say something and jeopardize their future career in TM while almost all IFF and sport ministry are against CQ at the moment? Anything against IFF and they won't be invited to TM for at least some years! do you remember the green wrist band on some of our best football player during the match against S.Korea in 2009? IFF send the clear massage and ending their career early...some are suffering still up to this day

Comment

Happy on the titanic everyone...will be a sad awakening for many.

Comment

just wondering why Saed Ezatolahi is not with omid team?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by STYX View Post
                        just wondering why Saed Ezatolahi is not with omid team?
                        they dont think he's good enough for the 23 player list.he might still play in the last stage

Comment

Just wondering why Generator's son is not invited!

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                            Just wondering why Generator's son is not invited!
                            He will be invited soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X