No announcement yet.

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If some of us paused for a bit and stopped behaving like catty teenage girls so intent on proving a point against Khakpour or Omid team, we'd maybe find enough time to use our brains and see this is the same team that failed to beat Tajikistan and Vietnam and ... just a short while ago under a well paid FOREIGN COACH, with CQ as advisor!

So if we stop bi*ching like little girls, we may actually have the sense that any team that bad may need some time to get better under new coaching and system.

This is the answer to those who ask me why I bring up ''ajnabi parast'' . This immature, childish attitude of trying to find faults in a fledgling team just so we prove (in our feeble minds only) CQ, an individual, right!

As usual, the wrong priorities for these people.
    Sigh!

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
      Good high tempo pressing game from TM Omid and a very good result (tied for Nepal's biggest defeat in the past 3 years) in their 1st competitive match under Khakpour.
      Considering, we hit the post twice and didn't get a couple of penalty calls, I'm not sure why the expectation were so unrealistically high for TM Omid - both Nepal and Vietnam were in Pot 3 for the draw for this competition!
      I guess haters will hate, no matter what, even with 90% possession and Nepal being pinned in their own half for 90% of the game and with zero shots on target.
      We obviously have to wait and see how the other teams (mainly Saudi Arabia) perform against them, before we have anything conclusive, but their goalie pulled some serious Jorge Campos moves despite his height being similar.
      Dadash, it was Nepal, no matter how we play, we will win even, if all Gulf Arabs would make noise all night long, but even Nepal showed us, that we have to learn how to outclass them tactically, it's just non-professional to take the ball and everyone follows you, it works against Nepal, Afghanistan and Sporting Yasooj, but not against higher class teams, no one in Europe would play like we did!

Comment

Jahanbaksh and Azmoun clearly did not need to be here... As we just saw we were on a different plant from the other team. This was the most costly decision and will hurt us a lot. Since CQ will not return now.. This all has to do with very poor management from Khafashian and co.

Comment

Doctor Doom,

how do u see the game?

Comment

lol, you must be really naive to think CQ is only leaving due to AZ and ARJ absence ..!!

ITS almost ALL ABOUT THE BENJAMINS BABY..!!

our Football niggaz are broke these days..... Worm..!!

Carlos is just looking for excuses (mostly BS) to line his pockets with as much as his full contract's money and leave a clearly sinking ship...!!

I dont blame him either..!! no one does shitttttt for Free...!!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
              And for once in 80 mins. There's fullback support on the wing and immediately a big chance. Why can I see that but Khakpour not? Or Mayeli Kohan?

Uhum ... here .... let me act like one of you:
              "why? Who do you think you are? Are YOU the coach? Do you have a coaching license? .... blah, blah, blah ....?''

Oh ... how some things have a way of coming around. It's hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by onebloodfool View Post
                Classic Dr DOOM post. lol

Yeah and...? Finish the sentence.
                Seems like someone has been living under a rock for the past 5 years or just being in denial.
                CQ has instilled a level of organization, discipline and structure to Team Melli, not seen since the days of Ivic and Blazevic.
                But lets not make it about CQ. lol
                He is talking about Vingada who couldnt get passed Kyrgizstan, Vietnamn etc...
                And what did you guys expect? A coach of CQ's caliber for TM omid? The best coach we've had at this age level is probably Mansourian, which speaks of the level of how shitty coaches our youth levels have. I doubt anyone thinks Khakpour is a good coach,but lets wait to see how Saudi Arabia does vs Nepal or how they do vs us before we start critisizing our team.

Comment

When the other matches starrt today?

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
                    When the other matches starrt today?
                    Other match was played before ours. Palestine 2 - Afghanistan 0 (goals 7th and 75th minute) with quite a few yellow cards (7 total)

We don't have a game on the 25th, when Saudi Arabia start their campaign against Palestine and Nepal take on Afghanistan. Our next game is on the 27th against Palestine (expected to be our 2nd most difficult match in the group).

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                      He is talking about Vingada who couldnt get passed Kyrgizstan, Vietnamn etc...
                      And what did you guys expect? A coach of CQ's caliber for TM omid? The best coach we've had at this age level is probably Mansourian, which speaks of the level of how shitty coaches our youth levels have. I doubt anyone thinks Khakpour is a good coach,but lets wait to see how Saudi Arabia does vs Nepal or how they do vs us before we start critisizing our team.
                      First of all, I was one of the first to call for Vingadas head. Overpaid underachiever. So I would not like to be mistaken for these so called "Khareji-parast" Dr.DOOM keep yapping about.
                      Again, as I said to another user. I may have overreacted to the performances of the players. Although it is not so much an overreaction as a need to just ventilate and steam off some frustration.
                      My frustration is mostly directed to the fact that Azmoun and JB misses some high profile matches against Sweden and Chile, when they were not needed for this Omid squad. Or at least, they would have been of much more value playing for TM instead of TM omid imo. And you could clearly tell by Azmouns expression, how much he did not want to be there. lol
                      And yes, I will admit that large portion of my anger also stems from this whole CQ debalce and the federation interfering with his plans.
                      But Im cool now. lol

Other than that, kudos to TM Omid.

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      So if we stop bi*ching like little girls, we may actually have the sense that any team that bad may need some time to get better under new coaching and system.

This is the answer to those who ask me why I bring up ''ajnabi parast'' . This immature, childish attitude of trying to find faults in a fledgling team just so we prove (in our feeble minds only) CQ, an individual, right!

As usual, the wrong priorities for these people.
                      Sigh!
                      LOL that is rich coming from you.
                      The numero uno bitcher in this entire forum. You've been bitching about CQ like a pipsqueak little infant for the last 5 years (ie ever since he was appointed) and not acknowleding any of his achievements.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

Uhum ... here .... let me act like one of you:
                        "why? Who do you think you are? Are YOU the coach? Do you have a coaching license? .... blah, blah, blah ....?''

Oh ... how some things have a way of coming around. It's hilarious
                        Yeah, I love it. The dark side is so much easier. Everyone is just stupid and everything bad.

I don't think Khakpour has a coaching license either btw, or hss he?

Comment

There was apparently 3500 people at the Afghanistan-Palestine game yet there seemed to be only 50-100 people in azadi. Looks like a very big "priority" as some claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                            There was apparently 3500 people at the Afghanistan-Palestine game yet there seemed to be only 50-100 people in azadi. Looks like a very big "priority" as some claim.
                            No money for shomal.

Comment

Originally posted by ArashHungary View Post
                              Doctor Doom,
                              how do u see the game?
                              I missed the game between min 35 to 65. Work related stuff.

But what I saw I have to say was not satisfying. Make no mistake. I am not behaving like this immature bunch who clearly have an agenda when they make childish cracks at the team or the coaches with very little sense behind it. But I am also not going to lie.

I do believe we have a lot of room for improvement. In terms of strategy as well as on individual level where our lads looked too arrogant and irresponsible not taking their opponents seriously. But I also recognize this age group comes with a lot of lacks and shortcomings that will repair with passage of time and maturity, so we can't expect too much from 19-22 year olds.

I also recognize Khakpour isn't a top coach. But he is just starting and he may yet surprise us. So I'm not going to prejudge him. At the same time I can say he has some positive aspects that many don't notice. He is a very calm person and I think that calmness and composure is a very good thing for a team full of kids with adrenaline overdose.

He also has Majid Saleh, who is one of the better assistant coaches we have in Iran. Very intelligent and just like Khakpour, a calm gentleman. Seems a very good fit.

This team needs more games and time to get close to its potential. And the games against Nepal, Afghanistan and Palestine serve as preparatory games for our MAIN GAME against the Saudis.
                              I wouldn't pay much attention to the juvenile grown-ups here who deliberately omit Saudis from their silly reasoning. Their childish agenda is quite clear and is reflective of their mindset.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                                Yeah, I love it. The dark side is so much easier. Everyone is just stupid and everything bad.

I don't think Khakpour has a coaching license either btw, or hss he?
                                Welcome to the dark side, my young apprentice
                                I sense the force can be strong in you . if only you give yourself to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X