No announcement yet.

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's not forget, It's NOWROUZ! everybody is on holiday or sleeping at home and getting some deserved rest. that and the fact that people are not doing that good financially results in low attendance.

Comment

Also, I just noticed something that NOBODY who was in favor of Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh joining the Omid Team mentioned. This whole time, people have been screaming wolf about Saudi Arabia and how we're doomed to elimination should we fail in that do-or-die match. Of the 10 groups, the top 5 runner-ups also qualify for the final tournament. Iran and Saudi Arabia have practically already stamped their names on the next round.

The do-or-die argument lends validity to Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh joining the Omid team. The fact that we will qualify for the final tournament with near certainty (even if we lose to Saudi Arabia) makes Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh's presence in the team at this time ridiculous.

Comment

DD jan I think your forgetting its Nowruz and 80% of Tehran's population is at Shomal, the sad reality is most Afghan cannot afford holidays like that.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
          Also, I just noticed something that NOBODY who was in favor of Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh joining the Omid Team mentioned. This whole time, people have been screaming wolf about Saudi Arabia and how we're doomed to elimination should we fail in that do-or-die match. Of the 10 groups, the top 5 runner-ups also qualify for the final tournament. Iran and Saudi Arabia have practically already stamped their names on the next round.

The do-or-die argument lends validity to Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh joining the Omid team. The fact that we will qualify for the final tournament with near certainty (even if we lose to Saudi Arabia) makes Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh's presence in the team at this time ridiculous.
          We said it but it didn't work in deaf ears! Now they can be ashamed of themselves.

Comment

^^ also, something else that nobody is mentioning. dosen't khakpour think he is hurting the rest of team morals and self confidence by insisting that Sardar and Jahanbaksh should be with the team or else we are doomed? like I have said before our U-23 team is really good, all of the U-23 players are stars and their IPL club. they are stars at clubs that play in the top division of Iranian league. but they had to have sardar and JB...

i don't know man, hopefully I'm wrong and Khakpour was right but at the moment I don't think he was right and I feel like he just hurt the self confidence and steam of rest of our players.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
              Get a fair treatment? their fans were not charged a cent to watch their team play in Dastgerdi and Azadi, they watched the games for free. Iran's national team training ground in Tehran was given to them. They are getting more than fairly treated. Now, go and read the afghanis comments on their social pages and see how racist they are. They are absolutely awful.
              Every person from countries that used to belong to Iran are hostile to Iran! I have Azeri friends that to this day say Norooz originated from Azerbaijan and Iran was a part of them and not vice versa!! I find this stupid, and retarded but it is what it is. We just have to beat the $%# out of them to prove who is the master!...

Comment

With or without SA and JB we could qualify from this stage. U23 may need SA and JB for next round not here.

Comment

Group C
                  Teams P W D L GF GA GD PTS
                  I.R.IRAN * 1 1 0 0 5 0 5 3
                  SAUDI ARABIA * 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 3
                  PALESTINE * 2 1 0 1 2 1 1 3
                  AFGHANISTAN 2 1 0 1 2 2 0 0
                  NEPAL 1 0 0 1 0 5 -5 0

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                    Every person from countries that used to belong to Iran are hostile to Iran! I have Azeri friends that to this day say Norooz originated from Azerbaijan and Iran was a part of them and not vice versa!! I find this stupid, and retarded but it is what it is. We just have to beat the $%# out of them to prove who is the master!...
                    what do you expect from a landlocked hell hole like afghanistan who depends on Iran and a ex-soviet state. They have inferiority complex.

Comment

^^ also, .... dosen't khakpour think he is hurting the rest of team morals and self confidence by insisting that Sardar and Jahanbaksh should be with the team or else we are doomed?.....

اگر تیم ملی بازی رسمی داشت حق با تیم بزرگسالان بود

خاکپور در جواب اینکه کی روش به خاطر حضور آزمون و جهانبخش اعلام قطع همکاری کرده صریح صحبت کرد:

در این میان سوئ تفاهمی بین مردم بوجود آمده و احساس مردم این است که آزمون و جهانبخش عضو تیم بزرگسالان هستند و ما این بازیکنان را طبق قوانین سال های گذشته
                      از بزرگسالان می گیریم. در صورتی که آزمون و جهانبخش از لحاظ رده سنی بازیکن امید محسوب می شوند که تیم بزرگسالان این بازیکنان را از تیم امید می گیرد.

ما اگر مسابقات رسمی همزمان با تیم ملی بزرگسالان داشتیم قطعا اولویت با تیم تیم ملی بزرگسالان بود و این بازیکنان به تیم بزرگسالان می روند.
                      اگر مردم انصاف را در نظر بگیرند این حق مسلم تیم امید است که در مسابقات رسمی این دو بازیکن را در اختیار داشته باشد.

اما تیم ملی بزرگسالان بازی دوستانه دارد و چرا نباید در این شرایط از این دو عزیز استفاده نکنیم.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                        اگر تیم ملی بازی رسمی داشت حق با تیم بزرگسالان بود

خاکپور در جواب اینکه کی روش به خاطر حضور آزمون و جهانبخش اعلام قطع همکاری کرده صریح صحبت کرد:

در این میان سوئ تفاهمی بین مردم بوجود آمده و احساس مردم این است که آزمون و جهانبخش عضو تیم بزرگسالان هستند و ما این بازیکنان را طبق قوانین سال های گذشته
                        از بزرگسالان می گیریم. در صورتی که آزمون و جهانبخش از لحاظ رده سنی بازیکن امید محسوب می شوند که تیم بزرگسالان این بازیکنان را از تیم امید می گیرد.

ما اگر مسابقات رسمی همزمان با تیم ملی بزرگسالان داشتیم قطعا اولویت با تیم تیم ملی بزرگسالان بود و این بازیکنان به تیم بزرگسالان می روند.
                        اگر مردم انصاف را در نظر بگیرند این حق مسلم تیم امید است که در مسابقات رسمی این دو بازیکن را در اختیار داشته باشد.

اما تیم ملی بزرگسالان بازی دوستانه دارد و چرا نباید در این شرایط از این دو عزیز استفاده نکنیم.
                        I do see your point St_Mark, Jan. Like I said, I hope everything that is decided for our football turns out to be for the best.

Comment

That moment when you realize you gave up your best two fowards for such a tokhmi tournament where Omid most probably will win all their games.

But playing against some youngsters from Saudi Arabia is really more important than Alexis Sanchez and Vidal from top EU clubs though.

Comment

I do see your point St_Mark, Jan. Like I said, I hope everything that is decided for our football turns out to be for the best.

Dear :
                            If it was up to me , I would not have invited these two players, not even for next round.
                            Khakpour is the couch and he feel he need them. I feel Having Mkohan as one of managers did not help this matter at all.

Comment

How do you figure Nader jaan? For all intents and purposes, we haven't even played a single game yet! Afghanistan's win over Nepal pretty much guarantees that none of the results against Nepal will be included in determining the 2nd place finishers.

So, not having played a single game that will matter at the end, you're already concluding that we've sealed our qualification for the next round?!

If anything, today's Saudi-Palestine result confirms exactly what I've been saying, that the fate of this group may very well come down to a single goal or a moment of brilliance from Azmoun or JB, like it did for the Saudis today against Palestine.

If Palestine was able to hold that Saudis until minute 88 and lose by a single goal (a penalty if I may add), they're very capable of causing an upset against Iran and by upset I don't mean just beating us - a tie would all but seal our fate in this competition if followed by a loss to (or possibly even a tie with) Saudi Arabia.

Don't forget, there are 5 groups just in East Asia (+2 in west Asia) where the 2nd placed teams are VERY likely to finish with 6 points. A win against Afghanistan and a tie with both Palestine and the Saudis will give us only 5 points. Even beating Palestine and losing to the Saudis will likely give us a weak 6 points (i.e. with low GD) which may still eliminate us.

Comment

9.250 supporters showed up in the Azadi-Stadium..wow!
                                I think we're definitely gonna have an away game against AFG

Comment

Working...
                                X