No announcement yet.

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are saying "Iran montazer bash ke ma amadim" in middle of Tehran. Shameless. They are biting a hand that has been feeding them for 35 years. i wish there were immigration police in front of azadi to check if they are in Iran legally and kick the ones who weren't back to the hellhole they came from.

Comment

Afghans are like Mexicans they come to a neighboring country illegally for a better life and work yet they hate the people, the country, and I guess the football team...

Comment

also, they are not charging them to see the game. but they charge poor working class Iranians (who are the majority of people who still attend games these days, anyway) money when they want to see games at azadi. to say Iranians are hospitable people dosen't even do our extreme generosity justice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
          also, they are not charging them to see the game. but they charge poor working class Iranians (who are the majority of people who still attend games these days, anyway) money when they want to see games at azadi. to say Iranians are hospitable people dosen't even do our extreme generosity justice.
          actually the U23 qualifiers are free to attend in general. so it's a shame that only 650 iranians showed up vs Nepal..

Comment

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Afghans saying that in Azadi, Tehran, Iran?!

How cute. Invite their senior team for a friendly in Azadi and we will sort things out.

Comment

Seriously we must have riot police on hand for the game against Afghanistan. After Sardar sticks his sixth goal up their A*s there is no telling what they will do.

Comment

Even with 100k Afghans in the stadium we should easily win this one..but I still hope there are no clashes, otherwise our bad reputation in the AFC will get worse

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  How do you figure Nader jaan? For all intents and purposes, we haven't even played a single game yet! Afghanistan's win over Nepal pretty much guarantees that none of the results against Nepal will be included in determining the 2nd place finishers.
                  So, not having played a single game that will matter at the end, you're already concluding that we've sealed our qualification for the next round?!
                  If anything, today's Saudi-Palestine result confirms exactly what I've been saying, that the fate of this group may very well come down to a single goal or a moment of brilliance from Azmoun or JB, like it did for the Saudis today against Palestine.
                  If Palestine was able to hold that Saudis until minute 88 and lose by a single goal (a penalty if I may add), they're very capable of causing an upset against Iran and by upset I don't mean just beating us - a tie would all but seal our fate in this competition if followed by a loss to (or possibly even a tie with) Saudi Arabia.
                  Don't forget, there are 5 groups just in East Asia (+2 in west Asia) where the 2nd placed teams are VERY likely to finish with 6 points. A win against Afghanistan and a tie with both Palestine and the Saudis will give us only 5 points. Even beating Palestine and losing to the Saudis will likely give us a weak 6 points (i.e. with low GD) which may still eliminate us.
                  Again, of all the teams you mentioned, the only semi-threatening one is Saudi Arabia. Nepal was a walkover and would have been even without Azmoun. The situation will be the same against the other opponents (that includes Saudi Arabia).

I know this was a super short response but there's little else to be said now. I confidently believe that by the end of these qualifying matches, we'll see that Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh really had no reason to be there. Had this been the actual Olympic-qualifying tournament, it would be another story. I would even consider adding Ezatolahi to that group.
                  Last edited by K. Nader; 03-25-2015, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Comment

Great result and performance against chile. Even though I still would rather azmoun and jb with tm, we can now enjoy the rest of these games knowing we are good enough to beat chile without some very promising youngsters.

Comment

guys, when is our game tmrw against palestine ?

Comment

Even the local fans don't give jackshit about playing these pushovers, only Khakpour is a drama queen making himself important. Thankfully he'll not be around for long anyhow.

Comment

So here is my question: would Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh would have gotten the permission from their clubs to leave for the Omid games if Team Melli's matches against Sweden and Chile hadn't been scheduled? In other words, was their release for these games predicated upon the friendlies of the senior team?

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
                              So here is my question: would Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh would have gotten the permission from their clubs to leave for the Omid games if Team Melli's matches against Sweden and Chile hadn't been scheduled? In other words, was their release for these games predicated upon the friendlies of the senior team?
                              TM Olympic team in this case. Khakpour requested them a day before CQ officially with agreement with IFF.

Comment

IRAN vs Palestine

Tehran
                                March 27

17:00
                                Local time

Comment

Working...
                                X