AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    Something really obvious is that Azmoun and Motahari are both extremely selfish and refuse to pass to each other. Something the coach needs to change quickly.
    I find Motahari to be selfish to be honest. Just the vibe I get.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
      It's quite amusing seeing people expect a well organized, mature and cohesive display from a bunch of kids who were put together only a few weeks ago with many not getting full 90 minute games at their clubs!! And then we DARE come and comment on it IN PUBLIC!!!
      Ppppfffff DD jaan for real? Why never did I ever come across this fair and logical side of you with any of TMs of the past 15 years?

I like this, keep it coming Doc. I applaud Ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
        Ppppfffff DD jaan for real? Why never did I ever come across this fair and logical side of you with any of TMs of the past 15 years?

I like this, keep it coming Doc. I applaud Ya!
        Forget about me. What was wrong with what I said? Do tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          Forget about me. What was wrong with what I said? Do tell.
          Had you read my comment more carefully, you would have noticed that I eloquently applauded your post. It's a shame we barely see such great gesture coming from you when it comes to TM.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Comment

wow what anger and hate towards our own Olympic team. no wonder we have not made the Olympics in decades. such misplaced anger too,i can understand anger but misplaced anger is indicative of extreme bias. cq is simply wrong on the issue of azmoun and jahanbakhsh, if he decides to stick to that wrong and quit over it (which btw is not the cause anyways)should khakpour bare the blame? should our omid team? such reactions are the reason that many vatani coaches do get upset and rightfully so. cq's biggest enemy is the entourage.

Comment

we have a win-win situation.
              TM won and Omid did well using Sardar and JB.

It is time for Omid team to go to Olympic and this is the foundation of the team that will play in the next world cup. So, we are not stealing from peter and giving to paul. Omid and TM are one unit and one entity.

CQ should come to his senses and should stop the portuguese mentality of laj baazi .
              At the same time IFF needs to learn how to communicate with all those involved in TM and Omid .

CQ is much above Khakpour or hundreds like that but he really knows how Sardar is how JB is so he really did not need them for the Chile friendly to test them. Anyway fortunately TM won even without the two .

The fact is that JB and Sardar are one head and one shoulder above all other Asian U23 players and their service in Omid will increase the chance of going to Olympic (a long wait for the dream). They are the ONLY YOUTH players with european coaching and with perfect fitness and their role in Omid team cannot be underestimated.

In the last WC qualification it was Dej and Gucci that made a big difference and they have not retied and they can still help to make it. Besides we have several other key players who can make a big difference.
              look at taromi, alihshah and Abedini. Both CQ and khakpour can use them if I am not mistaken. The POOL OF TALENT HAS never been so big, so the coaches need to get to work and make the best out of what we have.

The fans also need to make peace regardless of being a Doctor or shaagerd kalleh paz.

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
                cq is simply wrong on the issue of azmoun and jahanbakhsh
                TBH with you bro, I don't think either CQ or Khakpour are wrong about this issue. They both have every right to request/demand the best players available to them to make their jobs as easy as possible.

Unfortunately and obviously that caused a conflict of interest in this case. In every professional organization in the world there are procedures and provisions to deal with such conflicts and it usually goes back to the hierarchical structure of that organization.

In this particular case the head of IFF was the person responsible for making a decision to resolve the conflict. He did and both coaches have to accept and respect that decision and the wishes of their employer and get on with their jobs. And they both seem to have done a fine job after this decision.

I don't think CQ's decision to quit had much to do with this. He was talking about meetings with IFF and deciding his future long before this issue came up and before he came back to Iran. He was clearly very upset after the meeting with Asadi and I suspect that was the final draw for him. He didn't mention anything about this issue in his interviews after that meeting.

He felt disrespected at the way Assadi treated him. We don't know what was said in the meeting for sure or how it was said and that obviously makes a huge difference. I think Asadi had every right to bring up the performance issue, but I highly doubt it was done in a professional manner where anyone else wouldn't have been pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  Had you read my comment more carefully, you would have noticed that I eloquently applauded your post. It's a shame we barely see such great gesture coming from you when it comes to TM.
                  Please correct me if I am mistaken.
                  Oh I don't know. Maybe it was because logically one ought to have different standards and expectations from a senior team with an int'l coach and fully supported (within Iranian standards, that is) and having kept together for many years ... versus a group of youngsters who've been gathered in a hurry, with very little backing or support and funds, with a very mediocre vatani coach.

Therefore it is pertinent to be more lenient and forgiving to such teams who deserve all the encouragement they can get, as compared to the more stable, settled and supported seniors team.

So I encourage all to pause, think a little about the vast differences between TM and Omid or youth teams before expressing our expectations from each of these teams

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                    TBH with you bro, I don't think either CQ or Khakpour are wrong about this issue. They both have every right to request/demand the best players available to them to make their jobs as easy as possible.

Unfortunately and obviously that caused a conflict of interest in this case. In every professional organization in the world there are procedures and provisions to deal with such conflicts and it usually goes back to the hierarchical structure of that organization.

In this particular case the head of IFF was the person responsible for making a decision to resolve the conflict. He did and both coaches have to accept and respect that decision and the wishes of their employer and get on with their jobs. And they both seem to have done a fine job after this decision.

I don't think CQ's decision to quit had much to do with this. He was talking about meetings with IFF and deciding his future long before this issue came up and before he came back to Iran. He was clearly very upset after the meeting with Asadi and I suspect that was the final draw for him. He didn't mention anything about this issue in his interviews after that meeting.

He felt disrespected at the way Assadi treated him. We don't know what was said in the meeting for sure or how it was said and that obviously makes a huge difference. I think Asadi had every right to bring up the performance issue, but I highly doubt it was done in a professional manner where anyone else wouldn't have been pissed.
                    a part of cq contract includes overseeing and helping omid team. also Olympic qualification takes precedence over friendlies. after the world cup Olympics is the most important football competition. this issue not wanting to give tm players to omid national team is nothing new nor a cq problem unfortunately this type of attitude has been prevalent in regards to omid team and some vatani coaches have denied omid team players for ipl matches. personally i am glad the federation got involved and hope they keep this up for all other coaches and not just a cq thing.

Comment

Tomorrow's game is against afghanistan at 5 in the afternoon tehran time

Comment

Sardar with U-23

Comment

IS THERE ANOTHER PHASE IN THE U-23 QUALIFICATION TO THE OLYMPICS AFTER OUR NEXT 2 GAMES VS. AFGHANISTAN AND SAUDI ARABIA ?????

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            IS THERE ANOTHER PHASE IN THE U-23 QUALIFICATION TO THE OLYMPICS AFTER OUR NEXT 2 GAMES VS. AFGHANISTAN AND SAUDI ARABIA ?????
                            Yeah, if we finish first in this group then we have to play in AFC U-23 championship in Qatar, the top three teams in U-23 AFC championship will qualify for the Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                              yes the U-23 Asian Championships held in Qatar next year

Comment

The game against afghanistan is in 30 minutes.

Our line-up : Akhbari, Moradmand, Cheshmi, Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, Saghebi, Nouralahi, Kamdani, Fazeli, Mohmmadi, Abdollahzadeh.

Comment

Working...
                                X