• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Highlights:

Comment

Khuznews

عکس روز/80 هزار تماشاگر افغانی در آزادی

Comment

Well, you can not just trust someone telling online that they have charged for tickets, I have seen enough lies by certain people who I don't trust just someone say it happening to be true, we need Iranian comments or official announcement or a journalist's report to believe that. IFF announcing the game being free for fans might be for Iranians and that is a common practice in all host countries. There is always a number of ticket allocated for each country's fans and the rest will be sold online or by IFF. That is why when Afghanis came in more than the allocated capacity for Afghani fans, IFF hold for some time to see if Iranian fans show up and then they let other Afghani fans in which is 100% logical to me. The rest is up to IFF, but if it is up to me I let them watch the match just like Iranians. Although there are many idiots and angry Afghani online in youtube, facebook and ... but there many more good and polite Afghanis here and there so we should not care about hateful comments.

Comment

Mashallah to our Afghan brothers, I have not seen Azadi like that since the Japan game in 2004. I wish they scored at least one goal on us. (the first time I had such a wish!!)

I think Afghanistan Team Melli should play 2-3 friendlies in Tehran per year, I think them vs a small asian team like Malaysia or something would get a similar crowd. and really they should keep all of the ticket receipts for their own football development.

Also, this must be a record attendance for a non-senior game, does anyone know? I dont think even the olympic gold medal football game had more than 80,000, never mind a qualifying game.

Comment

Originally posted by marand92 View Post
            Mashallah to our Afghan brothers, I have not seen Azadi like that since the Japan game in 2004. I wish they scored at least one goal on us. (the first time I had such a wish!!)

I think Afghanistan Team Melli should play 2-3 friendlies in Tehran per year, I think them vs a small asian team like Malaysia or something would get a similar crowd. and really they should keep all of the ticket receipts for their own football development.

Also, this must be a record attendance for a non-senior game, does anyone know? I dont think even the olympic gold medal football game had more than 80,000, never mind a qualifying game.
            are you okay? There have been numerous games since japan in 2004 with more than 80,000 people.

Comment

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

^

Even the Iran - Qatar WCQ 2014 game had 90.000 attending.

Comment

Mashallah to our Afghan brothers, I have not seen Azadi like that since the Japan game in 2004.
                Iran - Qatar WCQ in 2012
                Iran - South Korea WCQ in 2012
                Iran - Lebanon WCQ in 2013
                Iran - Saudi WCQ in 2009

Comment

I also think we need to help Afghanistan in developing football but it seems they have some hatred or inferiority complex toward us, and this can lead to hooliganism and confrontation which I do not support.

About the revenue of their matches helping Afghanistan football, it can be good suggestion but using a large facility like Azadi stadium needs a certain service fee for cleaning and fixing the damage done by audience. Other than that I doubt poor Afghanis can pay for tickets. These matches were all free so they came in numbers to cheer their team. I saw their match against Palestine and the photos showed chairs were full of trash and sun flower seeds after they left.

Comment

what kind of iranian would wish the national team of a foreign nation scoring a goal against us? also, "team melli" afghanistan? team melli laghab-e mast, be eeno on nadeh.

Comment

Listen to the crowd. now that's azadi, that's gheyrat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                        Khuznews

عکس روز/80 هزار تماشاگر افغانی در آزادی

Fekr nakonam 80k were there. 80k is exaggeration. It is around 60-65k looking at the empty spots and the upper levels not all seat are full!

Comment

UAE leading Tajikstan 3-0 in the 81st minute and with Vietnam expected to beat Macau on Tuesday, it looks like at least one 2nd placed team with 6 points will be eliminated for sure - it could be more since no games have been played in Group B yet.

All teams finishing 2nd with less than 6 points (excluding the games against bottom placed teams in groups containing 5 teams) are definitely out. That means the Saudis (quarter-finalists at the Asian Games) will be eliminated if they don't beat Iran - fingers crossed.

Comment

Jahanbaksh does not play well for TM recently. Ever since the AC, he has not been up to par, and I personally think its a mental thing.

Comment

I think Iran almost secured a place in final round, even if we lose to KSA , we still can qualify as one of the best 2nd-placed teams with 6 points and good GD.

but this is a good opportunity to eliminate Saudi Arabia here in Tehran. even though they look weak here but they can be dangerous if they qualify for the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                                Ever since the AC, he has not been up to par, and I personally think its a mental thing.
                                EXPLAIN MORE..

Comment

Working...
                                X