AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
    Jahanbaksh does not play well for TM recently. Ever since the AC, he has not been up to par, and I personally think its a mental thing.
    What are you talking about... he was probably the best player on the field today.

Comment

70k supporters for an away game is probably a world record. It is even more significant when we note that it was an U23 game! Dame Afghaani haa garm for loving their country.
      2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        RIP Afghanistan, Sunday March 29th
        My condolences

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
          what kind of iranian would wish the national team of a foreign nation scoring a goal against us? also, "team melli" afghanistan? team melli laghab-e mast, be eeno on nadeh.
          Plenty of Iranians wouldnt mind Afghanistan to score a meaningless consolitation goal, cmon 80,000 Afghans came to see their team in a cold afternoon, most of them have shit jobs and barely make enough money to send home..

I have to say, the English speaking Iranians on PFDC seem to be more nationalist and less sympathetic to Afghans in general than the people in Iran, if you can read Persian (no offence if you cannot btw) go and read the comments on Footbalitarin. many said that we should have taken it easier on them, someone pointed out that Arabs would never 6-0 each other, which is true.

Lastly dadash, Team Melli means 'National Team' in Persian. So therefore 3 countries on earth have the right to call their National Team 'Team Melli'. 'be eeno on nadeh' is like an American saying to an English guy, don't call Gerrard a legend, because we call Donavan a legend.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
            Iran - Qatar WCQ in 2012
            Iran - South Korea WCQ in 2012
            Iran - Lebanon WCQ in 2013
            Iran - Saudi WCQ in 2009
            Dadash manzooreamo nagerefti, I know Azadi has been filled to capacity a few times every year for the last decade, thanks for the info.

What I meant was that WE as Iranian fans have not created such an atmosphere since Japan 2004. I in fact went to 2 of the games that you mentioned, and it was very tame, nothing like the 'old' Azadi of Iran-Australia, Iran-Ireland (I went to both of those as well)

worst of all is PP-EsEs big games, the semi final vs FC Seoul was like going to the damm theatre!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=891016087628291

Comment

Originally posted by marand92 View Post
                Plenty of Iranians wouldnt mind Afghanistan to score a meaningless consolitation goal, cmon 80,000 Afghans came to see their team in a cold afternoon, most of them have shit jobs and barely make enough money to send home..

I have to say, the English speaking Iranians on PFDC seem to be more nationalist and less sympathetic to Afghans in general than the people in Iran, if you can read Persian (no offence if you cannot btw) go and read the comments on Footbalitarin. many said that we should have taken it easier on them, someone pointed out that Arabs would never 6-0 each other, which is true.

Lastly dadash, Team Melli means 'National Team' in Persian. So therefore 3 countries on earth have the right to call their National Team 'Team Melli'. 'be eeno on nadeh' is like an American saying to an English guy, don't call Gerrard a legend, because we call Donavan a legend.
                I'm not one of those Iranians, I like my team to win and to play without mercy and destroy their opponent. It brings happiness to our people who have been hurt a lot. Cheraghi ke be khaneh ravast be masjed haram ast. i want to see any team, including afghanistan, get destroyed in front of Iran. I wish them luck in their other games though.

and again, it's our nickname, they can give their team a nickname in pashtu. some are also calling their U-23 "omid", which is again our term for our team. are you going to argue the same thing for omid too?

Third, just look how happy Sardar was to shut them up

This deceive victory clearly meant a lot to him and made him happy. that's what i care about, our players.

Comment

Poor afghans. What was that coach!? He looked so unprofessional... They need better coaches I have never heard of him in Iran. He is not even a 3rd division team coach in Iran. I have seen Afghanistan league and to be honest it is not bad. They have good players for the level but they definitely need good coach. No wonder they lost 6-0. The game was a total mess for them. Iran could score 5 or 6 more goals.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                    I'm not one of those Iranians, I like my team to win and to play without mercy and destroy their opponent. It brings happiness to our people who have been hurt a lot. Cheraghi ke be khaneh ravast be masjed haram ast. i want to see any team, including afghanistan, get destroyed in front of Iran. I wish them luck in their other games though.

and again, it's our nickname, they can give their team a nickname in pashtu. some are also calling their U-23 "omid", which is again our term for our team. are you going to argue the same thing for omid too?

Third, just look how happy Sardar was to shut them up

This deceive victory clearly meant a lot to him and made him happy. that's what i care about, our players.
                    Come on dude don't make it like it really matters for us. I am not saying to go easy on match but we need some sympathy for poor people. Half of Afghanistan speak our language and their culture is close to us. They were literary Iranian up to 150 years ago. An artificial border does not mean anything. For me all Farsiwans, Tajiks of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Afghanistan are Iranians plus whoever among Hazara who think they are Iranians or want to be considered as such. But for getting special treatments they need to feel and act like Iranians in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                      Come on dude don't make it like it really matters for us. I am not saying to go easy on match but we need some sympathy for poor people. Half of Afghanistan speak our language and their culture is close to us. They were literary Iranian up to 150 years ago. An artificial border does not mean anything. For me all Farsiwans, Tajiks of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Afghanistan are Iranians plus whoever among Hazara who think they are Iranians or want to be considered as such.
                      Unfortunately there is no mercy in competitive matches. That's just how it is. You respect your opponent by giving everything you have regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                        Unfortunately there is no mercy in competitive matches. That's just how it is. You respect your opponent by giving everything you have regardless.
                        I agree hundred percent. I am not saying 6-0 is not fair. I am saying boasting about it and make fun of afghanis is wrong.

Comment

................... but we need some sympathy for poor people. .............. But for getting special treatments they need to feel and act like Iranians in Iran.
                          Tarashohat maghzit binazire........

Comment

Originally posted by Nader25 View Post
                            Taroshohaye maghzit binazire........
                            Taking out of context is also a poor and low tactic IR media does a lot.

I said we need some sympathy for poor people since they are cheering for Afghanistan.

I also said I consider Tajiks (plus Hazara) who thinks they are Iranians as Iranians, but if they want to have special treatment (means all privilege that an Iranian has) need to feel and act like Iranians. It is very ordinary statement and you see this everywhere you live. If you are an immigrant in a country and want to be part of the nation you need to mix in, learn the culture, absorb the elements and try to feel how it is like to be a person of that nation. I did this and I like it where I live while I have not forgotten my roots. Whenever there is match between Iran and the country I live in, I have flags of both countries with me because it represents how I feel.

Hala bebinam on tarashohat yejaye dige shoma chetor ino halaji mikone. Aval fekr kon bad be digaran hamle kon dadash. age ham manzore kalame ya estalahi ro nemifahmi aval soal kon na inke badtarin bardash ro bekoni va be adam hamle koni.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                              I don't think that's classless DD jaan, pretty much how it's done everywhere when there are free tickets - they go only to the home fans. It wouldn't make sense to give fans of the other team free tickets to come and cheer against your team IMHO.
                              I understand the norm. I said it considering the economic status of most of these immigrants when as it is life has become miserably hard in Iran, perhaps a gesture such as this by Iran would make it a classy one by their hosts.

It also would have taught a good lesson to the soosool Tehrani fans

And lets not forget if this regime remains in Iran for another 10 years (god forbid), Afghanistan would be in a better position economically (given their vast mineral reserves), socially and internationally than us.

Comment

Come on dude don't make it like it really matters for us. I am not saying to go easy on match but we need some sympathy for poor people. Half of Afghanistan speak our language and their culture is close to us. They were literary Iranian up to 150 years ago. An artificial border does not mean anything. For me all Farsiwans, Tajiks of Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, and Afghanistan are Iranians plus whoever among Hazara who think they are Iranians or want to be considered as such. But for getting special treatments they need to feel and act like Iranians in Iran.
                                fair enough

Comment

Working...
                                X