No announcement yet.

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, this result puts Uzbekistan's qualification to the 2nd round in serious jeopardy and if Iraq lose their game by any score, they'll be out!

Myanmar and Indonesia out for sure with 6 points.

INTERESTING NOTE: Tie-breaker between Uzbekistan & Yemen came down to yellow and red cards! That's the first time I know of where that tie-breaker has come into play.

Comment

The omid team didnt need JB and Azmoun for this game we needed a real coach!

Comment

So, people still sure we will qualify for Russia 2018 with world class Iranian coaches??

Comment

I wonder what was their "plan B"?!

Comment

man i know omid team kick the post twice and saudi did not deserve to win. defensive errors let them score those goals.

vaghan khak to sareshoon. khakpour mostly and the players.

these players beat some low class teams and thought they were the shit.

some of the attacking moves...not passing to the right person, shitty crosses, bad decisions, etc. so frustrating to watch.

Motahari will not do well in his career if he keepers going like this. he may be the star player in naft but in omid team, he plays as if he's cristiano ronaldo.
            what a selfish and waste of talent. numerous occasions where one simple pass to azmoun or back to karimi to open up the saudis but nooooo he had to shoot only to the stands or get his shots blocked.

what a disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
              to finish 2nd
              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                1. Khakpour was never good even as a player. I recall watching him on TV when he onley watched the ball going into TM goal.

2. He should resign. He used all the energy of the players in Afghan team becausehe had no idea how the game would turn out if he had pulled out the starters to save them for today.

3. Taromi, Sadeghian sharifat and Abedini each could have done better than any players today

4. the long balls to sardar did not work andthe repeatedly sending the ball the same way was not effective. multiple plans needed to be in place.

5. Perhaps mansoorian can take over . I think the stupid excuses they used to let Kranjkar go was really bad.

6. without sardar and JB perhaps the team would have lost to afghans.

7. the midfielders were leaving a gap and that was open space for saudis to launch counterattacks.

8. Pouraliganji is needed to be on this team. without any doubt
                at point 1 Made my day

However keep in mind that players like Sadeghian, Pouraliganji can not play for this team as theyre too old already.
                Only players born 1993 or later can play.

Comment

Some of the players in our U23 are good and we can not only blame them. It was clear to me that the team can not simply produce goals without a plan for ever. The team need to have a plan not only rely on technical skills of individual and has to be mentally prepared to comeback when falls behind. (10 men Iran vs 11 men Iraq)

With 80s or 90s mentality of many Iranian coaches that rely on take the ball pass to the wings and send long balls hoping someone scores not working anymore. When do they want to realize this? Khak pour does not have any resume as a coach why they should give the team to such a person was a questionable move and the usual Kashani+Mayeli was a disastrous combination by itself.

I am happy team did not advance easy to the next level so these people did not take credit for something they did not deserve. If Iran advance to Qatar, we have to change the entire management team. Head coach, technical manager and IFF rep should all go. Mansourian could help the team a lot but he can not work with likes of Kashani and Mayeli. I am not happy for the poor kids, they are blaming themselves for this loss but I am happy that Kashani, Mayeli, and Khak pour will be on spot light and their value is clear as useless thrash.

Let us see the IFF reaction. We can guess where the future of our football is heading by their next more! So far it is showing all signs of failure.

Good luck guys. Do not get down for football! I felt really bad after 2006 and never ever again put to much hope on IFF and important on football but I enjoy organized and beautiful football played by any team. That's the way to go and should be.

Comment

http://isna.ir/fa/news/94011102164/%...B4%D8%AA%DB%8C

Goudarzi reaction to U23 loss in Azadi: "Football bord o bakht dare"

Comment

PS....those fanboys who think CQ leaving is a shame but isn't a problem because of some world class iranian coaches like Mansourian.

don't be fooled. he may have won a few games in ACL but he is getting outcoached and would fail both at omid and TM. he would be no different to khakpour in situations like this. at best, he would have gotten a draw out of this game.

vingada was shit but that's not every foreign coach.

Comment

They wanted to have Alireza and Sarda for this game and they couldn't even get a draw with those guys in Azadi? That's embarrassing. We could have gotten the same result against Nepal, Afgh and Palastine without those 2 players too.

Now we ended up losing CQ and also to Saudi. unbelievable

Comment

Khak bar sare khakpour keh inghadar por roo vaa mesle derakhshaan khiaal mikonad coach ast.

aslan marde tanbal team arabestaan raa nemishenaakht va nagsheh nadaasht.

Bring Bronko or kranjcar. Mihani coach who is only after a salary and is not qualified, is not good enough

Comment

Plan-b was perhaps praying....

Did you ever see the idiots of the Federation having a plan-b???

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                            TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
                              They wanted to have Alireza and Sarda for this game and they couldn't even get a draw with those guys in Azadi? That's embarrassing. We could have gotten the same result against Nepal, Afgh and Palastine without those 2 players too.

Now we ended up losing CQ and also to Saudi. unbelievable
                              Thank you!!

Comment

http://isna.ir/fa/news/94011102164/%...B4%D8%AA%DB%8C

Goudarzi reaction to U23 loss in Azadi: "Football bord o bakht dare"
                                Martike kheili rooh dare, tanesh mikhare...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                                TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Working...
                                X