No announcement yet.

AFC U-23 CHAMPIONSHIP-TEHRAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we became 2nd in the group. What does this mean now?

Comment

Originally posted by Agha Kasra View Post
      So we became 2nd in the group. What does this mean now?
      mean we have to wait for the other groups and see if we qualify or not

Comment

so this is the future?!?!?! embarrassing.

It will get worse with time and unfortunately I see more embarrassing defeats coming. This is the result of no investment in football. Basically noone cares about football in Iran. I can understand why people are fed up with football and dont go to the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
          Although the loss is embarrassing, I don't think it's fair to call for Khakpour's head yet as we are still in it.

I agree the guy has no business being the manager of the team, but now that he is, let him continue and see what happens.

When he fails, then it is time to call for his removal. For all we know he may learn from this loss and come back and surprise us all.
          The senior and omid national teams are not an internship program. If he fails, then it's too late to call for his removal. Nothing in Khakpur's resume says that he is qualified to coach a national team
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

How the fffff did khakpour become the head-coach again???

He has never been a head coach of a professional team before. WTF.
            This guy in his interview say kashani insisted (begged him) to be the head coach. WTF is going on ? am i missing something here? Sure hes a polite, good, zahremar guy but what does it have to do with coaching?? i'm going crazy here over IFF incompetence choocing this guy. He doesn't know dick shit about professional coaching.

Only conclusion is ...
            They dont want us in the Olympics

Our team is being sacrificed so khakpour can gain international experience.

Comment

I dont like this crying "mentality" of our players. Either you are prepared or not.
              You see, when Japan lose against UAE on penalties in Asian cup 2015 you dont see Japanese players crying. Hold your head up high and continue with your life

Comment

Originally posted by football.club View Post
                so this is the future?!?!?! embarrassing.

It will get worse with time and unfortunately I see more embarrassing defeats coming. This is the result of no investment in football. Basically noone cares about football in Iran. I can understand why people are fed up with football and dont go to the stadium.
                Don't make mistake. This is the future if Islamic Republic is at place or when they meddle in football. Since they are corrupt they do not hire professional and eligible managers, but install their own people from their own network which most of the time are people who don't know about football, has no management background, are educated and are ass kisser of the regime. This mismanagement ruins our football, but we have the talent and with little investment we can get good results. People still love football but they are fed up with IFF and sport ministry corruption and incompetency. Sport ministry is meddling in IFF business by not giving the subsidies and halting all financial support until they force their will on IFF and TM. That is why they are forcing CQ to resign and that is why they forced Azmoun and JB to play in U23 instead of TM. They made CQ mamn ol khoroj and are still bothering the team. Our NT is under a lot of pressure right now by TM, so not speak against the Managers in sport ministry and IFF. We are losing our only good coach in past 10 year so the corrupted few at IFF and sport ministry can have their way and grab more money....

Situation is because of mismanagement... not players or general fans to blame. People show they are fed up and they did not come to stadium. Very right move. They showed they are not idiots to be played by Sport ministry and IFF.

Comment

Firing Khakpour now is counter-productive.
                  All that I hope happens is IFF should learn - all national teams we have (U-23, U-20, U-18...) are at the service of the main team! Not the other way around.
                  I hope Goudarzi is happy. Another f*** up by him.
                  He's making Ahmadinejad's sports ministers look very good!

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    Firing Khakpour now is counter-productive.
                    All that I hope happens is IFF should learn - all national teams we have (U-23, U-20, U-18...) are at the service of the main team! Not the other way around.
                    I hope Goudarzi is happy. Another f*** up by him.
                    He's making Ahmadinejad's sports ministers look very good!
                    Getting read of him is not counter productive. The guy is not even amateur coach! Mansourian is the right choice in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                      mean we have to wait for the other groups and see if we qualify or not
                      We have advanced. We are second after Thailand and There are 3 more teams under Iran - if anything there the first to go.

Its sad we are always in this "IF" game with Iranian coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                        Getting read of him is not counter productive. The guy is not even amateur coach! Mansourian is the right choice in my opinion.
                        Mansourian doesn't want the job. He left it of his own free will if you recall.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                          The senior and omid national teams are not an internship program. If he fails, then it's too late to call for his removal. Nothing in Khakpur's resume says that he is qualified to coach a national team
                          Well, to be fair, nothing on his resume says he is qualified to be the manager of any team!

I'm just saying, that we know IFF. They are not going to fire him now. They are to "ghod" for that.
                          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Thank God I overslept and missed this match..

Hoping for better results next week in the ACL..

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                              Don't make mistake. but we have the talent and with little investment we can get good results. People still love football but they are fed up with IFF and sport ministry corruption and incompetency. Sport ministry is meddling in IFF business by not giving the subsidies and halting all financial support until they force their will on IFF and TM. That is why they are forcing CQ to resign and that is why they forced Azmoun and JB to play in U23 instead of TM. They made CQ mamn ol khoroj and are still bothering the team. Our NT is under a lot of pressure right now by TM, so not speak against the Managers in sport ministry and IFF. We are losing our only good coach in past 10 year so the corrupted few at IFF and sport ministry can have their way and grab more money....

Situation is because of mismanagement... not players or general fans to blame. People show they are fed up and they did not come to stadium. Very right move. They showed they are not idiots to be played by Sport ministry and IFF.
                              Im starting to question this phrase "but we have the talent". Look at the first and second goal. I am sure with a few brain cells and knowlegde from 1st year of football school you can avoid both goals. Without Sardar and jahanbakhsh this team would probably lose to Nepal also. We need a lot of investments, a little support here and there is not going to help.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                                see, the western "reporting structure" you refer to does not apply in Iran. Goodarzi is the head. He should be held accountable. What does he do? He throws him under the bus. khakpour decides to throw the youngsters under the bus ..... and kafashian, following his religious guidelines, naturally lies
                                And that's obviously not good. If we're going to succeed, that structure has to be in place for all our teams and as fans we have to demand that clear chain of command at all times so that people can be held accountable.

As sad as it is to see these guys coming out and throwing someone else under the bus as you suggested, it shows they're concerned that they can and likely will be held accountable for their actions by the fans, particularly after this CQ situation. We did not see this after the utter failure in the Asian Games.

Ultimately, Khakpour is the manager of the team and despite the fact that Goudarzi overwrote the IFF in this case, Khakpour does need to take responsibility for and answer for TM Omid's performance - that's a good thing.

Goudarzi is perhaps going to think twice before overwriting the decision of IFF's technical committee and putting himself in this situation where the media is already asking questions and throwing him under the bus (as they should).

And imagine how Asadi's feeling right about now, knowing that the CQ situation or picking a vatani coach will likely come back to bite him in the ass on a LARGE scale.

So once you establish that structure, everyone is forced to act more responsibly or be held accountable for their actions. Perhaps it was a terrible way and time for it to be put into place, but it was long overdue and a welcome development IMHO.

And hopefully, CQ's situation will ultimately unfold in a positive way because of it. One thing no one can deny is that CQ has stirred up a lot of poopoo in Iran, so this may yet be is greatest gift.

Comment

Working...
                                X