Bittersweet feelings after AC2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bittersweet feelings after AC2015

We crashed out of AC2015 in the quarters against Iraq in an unfair manner that went against fairplay etc.

We are left with many different impressions, mostly bitterness and sorrow over the way we exited this tournament. Surely we had the potential to do more in this cup and that is what hurts the most.

But there is also awaken a form of optimism in regards to TM after this Asian Cup that we have not experienced in many many years. We saw the introduction of several young talents in TM which none of us had seen coming. I am sure we will see many more of these youngsters in TM in the near future that also will take us all by surprise. We are experiencing the transitional state and the shift of generation in TM and that is very pleasing.

Seeing the way the fans embraced and supported TM in Australia was also very positive and it helped creating a good vibe around TM once again.

I hope we keep CQ and give him the tools he need to excel. I have a feeling that CQ can do much more for our football and TM in the "second" 4 years period of his contract than the first 4 years. He can now completely reform and reshape TM for WC2018.

By the way, look at the results Iraq got in this tournament. It was as if they were there only to screw our chances and they pretty much lost all the other important matches they played against japan, S.Korea and UAE.

After all, since this Asian Cup was being played in Australia, they were always the favorites to lift the trophy anyway and had we been in the final, it could very well have been a defeat for us.

But what I hope for is for us to becoming the host for AC2019 since we then would have a very realistic chance of winning it all.
    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

I'll be in Russia in June 2018, y'all welcome to join.

Comment

Working...
    X