AFC & CAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC & CAF

An interesting comparison between AFC & CAF is that Asian Cup is held every 4 years whereas African Cup every 2 years.

The other major factor being the timing; Asian Cup is held a year after the World Cup whereas African Cup a year before.

No wonder Africa has been a major contender on the world stage whereas Asia is still trailing behind.

Yes but even if Asia doesn't have its tournament the year before the World Cup they still have World Cup qualifiers that year that will prepare them.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I just wish the world cup qualification games were back to back like it was in 1998 and 2002. We completed all the qualification games in less than 3 months playing 1 game a week and it was awesome. We didn't have to wait 6 months for a game and our players would play and train together for 4 months continuously so they were well coordinated together.

Comment

Well Asian Cup used to be always two years after WC, i.e. same time as European cup until 2004.

Then for some stupid reasosn, AFC decided to move it right 6 months after WC (!?!!! loool) not to interfere with the timing of European cup.
        However interesting to note is this: AFC Asian Cup is much elder than European Cup! (many don't know this)!!!

PS: Copa America is also every two years!
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Arab Football Conference - Corrupt Africa Firm

The differences are in composition and name, however they both very similar with regards to values, operation and ethics. Ben Williams, Talaat Najim, Ali Al-Badwawi, Bashir Abdulmalik and Milorad Mazic will all feel at home should they decide to join CAF

Comment

Working...
          X