Is Nekounam going to retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Nekounam going to retire?

I read in a newspaper a couple of days ago that Nekounam is going to retire after the Sweden match and continue as an assistent coach with CQ in TM.

Have you guys heard anything or do you have any information regarding this matter?
    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

No more than what you summed up.

Comment

So he even retire from Osasuna?

Comment

I think he will retire from TM after the Sweden match, finish the season with Osasuna, and THEN become TM assistant coach, if that's what he wants.

Comment

Hope so, Shojaei and Heydari should be next.

Comment

He still playing damn good
            Had a great game yesterday for OSA regardless of getting red carded
            I think he should stick around as a sub player, until a suitable full time replacement is dressed up & ready.
            Whatever happened to Reza haghighi ..!?
            Ebrahimi is a similar type of player but he is undersized & still inexperienced internationally & not as big of a scoring threat, certainly not as clutch of a scorer..!
            His leadership void is also gonna be a significant blow to TM,.! I suppose Ando or Hossaini will take over captaincy ..!??
            There is gotta be other undiscovered as of yet DMF options in the league ..!??

Comment

I've said it before, but I'd like to see PAG move up to the DMF as opposed to CB and take Neku's spot.

Comment

Yeah, it's sad we only have one Pouraliganji. Hopefully Ezatolahi becoming an option soon.

Comment

Nekounam definitely has at least a year in him maybe two. If true IMO he's retiring too soon

Comment

i think we can use him till 2016,till the 3round of world cup,we need to slowly remove him, so the other player can gain experience,bringin in ezatollahi will be good also,he need to earn caps, and experience

Comment

I'm going to miss nekounam it'll be weird not seeing him in the starting eleven. He is a great captain and I'll never forget his clutch goals. I think in the history of TM we have never lost when he has scored. I think its the right decision to retire if he does. I think it will really be pushing it if he tries to stay until 2018 WC although his form is good right now it's best to end on somewhat of a high. It seems like he will be retiring after the Sweden game from what I know too.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Just a thought I was pondering: Nekounam's contract at Osasuna ends after the 2015-2016 season, which means he has roughly 1.5 years left. The 2018 World Cup is beyond him, as I believe it is for Hosseini and Ando as well. However, should we qualify for the Olympics, why not send these three as our overage players? Not only would it be one final chance at a medal, they have great support in the form of Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun.

Comment

The match vs. Sweeden will be his last with TM

Comment

I will be very glad if he becomes an assiatant coach to CQ in TM.
                            If he also at the same time takes UEFA courses, would be awesome.
                            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

so sad that most of our players retire without any real glory on any stage ;(
                              we havent wont any cups, no world cup wins, no real mark in the european stage like CL.....at least daei and mahdavidia did a little bit there. but overall very disappointing that we cant even win something on the asian stage; whether asian cup or asian CL

Comment

Working...
                              X